The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Dems Are Gloating and Rush Is Bailing on the Repubs

Default The Dems Are Gloating and Rush Is Bailing on the Repubs

After Rush encouraged the Repubs to pick a no-win fight on Obamacare, he is now being very critical of them for compromising. I would suggest to anyone that before you start a war, to pick battles that you can win! In typical Limbaugh fashion, he refuses to accept any of the blame. As I have said before, the best thing the Repubs could have done was to place all of the credit for O-care on the Dems. The law was passed and the Supremes declared it legal, a no win fight at this point in time. Then, when the sheet hits the fan, they could clearly place the blame on the Dems and get what they want. http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewir...i-can-remember
    The Libertarian Party believes that all persons are entitled to keep the fruits of their labor. A call for the repeal of the income tax, abolishment of the Internal Revenue Service and all federal programs and services not required under the U.S. Constitution. We support the passage of a "Balanced Budget Amendment" to the U.S. Constitution, provided that the budget is balanced exclusively by cutting expenditures, and not by raising taxes. LP.org

last time I checked Rush Limbaugh was not elected nor appointed to any political office...on many ways he is a lot like the typical its not my fault crowd...if the popular notion is conservative, his stance will be that its not conservative enough...Rush is entertaining, but everyone who doesnt agree with him always like to make him seem like he is the voice of the R Party, which isnt even close..Rush will always be the contrarian because he will never let himself be caught on the losing side of any argument...kind of the reason he has lasted so long on the air...
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

As Rush has proclaimed, he is the savior of a m radio. He has a large audience but not nearly as large as what he states on his show. However, many do think he is the mouth of the Repub Party. I consider he and other talk radio host as the folks that hijacked traditional Conservatism (Buckley, Goldwater etc) and helped make it into what it is today. A political party that is becoming more and more irrelevant. At what point in time do you think the Repubs should expand their appeal beyond the only demographic in which the have a majority? That being white males over the age of 55. The Young Repubs are almost non-existent on campuses across the country whereas not too many years ago they were a force.
    Last edited by Franco; 10-16-2013 at 06:16 PM.
    The Libertarian Party believes that all persons are entitled to keep the fruits of their labor. A call for the repeal of the income tax, abolishment of the Internal Revenue Service and all federal programs and services not required under the U.S. Constitution. We support the passage of a "Balanced Budget Amendment" to the U.S. Constitution, provided that the budget is balanced exclusively by cutting expenditures, and not by raising taxes. LP.org

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    As Rush has proclaimed, he is the savior of a m radio. He has a large audience but not nearly as large as what he states on his show. However, many do think he is the mouth of the Repub Party. I consider he and other talk radio host as the folks that hijacked traditional Conservatism (Buckley, Goldwater etc) and helped make it into what it is today. A political party that is becoming more and more irrelevant. At what point in time do you think the Repubs should expand their appeal beyond the only demographic in which the have a majority? That being white males over the age of 55. The Young Repubs are almost non-existent on campuses across the country whereas not too many years ago they were a force.
    Franco you are in the radio business....you know damn well that Rush is not the savior of AM radio...probably more like ESPN, and guys like Rome, Cowherd and Finebaum...and the ONLY people that think that he is the mouth of the R Party are the Dems, candidates have learned to distance themselves from Rush because all it takes is one on air gaffe by Rush and they hang it around a candidates neck like an anchor..maybe the R party does need a mouth piece but who..

As for the demographic, you tell me...You and I are that demographic (disclaimer I am of Asian descent but about as redneck as they get)...people like you and I buy the products advertisers sell..Are you ready to turn the country over to some Ivy League grads still wet behind the ears, who is younger than some hunting equipment that you or I might own..I dont think so
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    Franco you are in the radio business....you know damn well that Rush is not the savior of AM radio...probably more like ESPN, and guys like Rome, Cowherd and Finebaum...and the ONLY people that think that he is the mouth of the R Party are the Dems, candidates have learned to distance themselves from Rush because all it takes is one on air gaffe by Rush and they hang it around a candidates neck like an anchor..maybe the R party does need a mouth piece but who..

As for the demographic, you tell me...You and I are that demographic (disclaimer I am of Asian descent but about as redneck as they get)...people like you and I buy the products advertisers sell..Are you ready to turn the country over to some Ivy League grads still wet behind the ears, who is younger than some hunting equipment that you or I might own..I dont think so
    I know Rush isn't the savior of a m radio. But, he does proclaim to be that savior. I am ready to turn this country over to anyone that believes in or has similar views as mine, no matter what demographic they are in. As wonderful as the 'greatest generation" was, the baby boomers have been a total bust poltically! The ONLY thing that give me hope for our future is when I see the politcally engage students on campuses across the country. They are not at all like the college students of the late 60's. These are well read, opened minded individuals that are fighting for their future. A future made dim by us baby boomers! This month, thousands of students on campuses across the country have erected "Free Speach Walls" where they can write their feelings about the current state of affairs. I see those pictures on Facebook and those "kids" are male and female, white, black and brown. What bring them together is that they are fically Conservative and Socially tolerant. And, their views are not represented by the Dems or the Repubs!

Rush is not the only conservative media voice, but the Ds seem to like to focus on him. Interesting, I don't hear them talk as much, or demean, people like Mark Levin or Dennis Prager.

One point being missed is the the Ds (take your pick of media representatives like Matthews, Morgan, Crowley, etc) have mastered the device of repetition of their message, even when it's got a lot of falsehoods mixed in, and they reach the low-info voter who, when something is repeated often enough, becomes "truth" for them. If Rush has a large audience (even if not as large as he might claim), it is because he is uses the same strategy. In his defense, however, he has some cogent insights from time to time.

Basically, McConnell, Boehner, McCain, Corker, Graham are a disgrace for their lack of courage to stand on any kind of principle. It really ticks me off that these guys wouldn't even stand up for making Congress part of Obamacare. That was a betrayal of their constituents.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Franco, your predictions about politics are about as good as your predictions about football. Mine aren't any better.
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    Rush is not the only conservative media voice, but the Ds seem to like to focus on him. Interesting, I don't hear them talk as much, or demean, people like Mark Levin or Dennis Prager. He is the biggest fish by far and that's why the focus on him.

One point being missed is the the Ds (take your pick of media representatives like Matthews, Morgan, Crowley, etc) have mastered the device of repetition of their message, even when it's got a lot of falsehoods mixed in, and they reach the low-info voter who, when something is repeated often enough, becomes "truth" for them. If Rush has a large audience (even if not as large as he might claim), it is because he is uses the same strategy. In his defense, however, he has some cogent insights from time to time.
    He's no dummy and he knows how to push the hot buttons with his audience. Give him an A for showmanship too.

BTW, let me add that I have met the man. In 1987, two weeks before the Repub Nat'l Convention in New Orleans, the event to select their Presidential candidate, we needed a replacement "talker". I was new at WTIX a m New Orleans, converting a legendary Top 40 a m station to News/Talk/Sports for the new owners. We had signed on with a syndicator to carry Owen Span. Well, Span gets ill and can't deliver his daily show to us. So, Rush was trying to build a newtork of stations out of his home in Mo. We listened to the tapes and decided to put him on the air. We were in that first group of 9 stations to carry his show. Month later we brought him to town to host a Sunday brunch at Tavern on the Park on City Park Blvd. I was a fan at one time but tired of his shows by the mid 90's.
    Basically, McConnell, Boehner, McCain, Corker, Graham are a disgrace for their lack of courage to stand on any kind of principle. It really ticks me off that these guys wouldn't even stand up for making Congress part of Obamacare. That was a betrayal of their constituents.I don't care for that crew either. However, I think they recognized that what was being asked by the House of the Senate was a losing battle. That there are smarter ways to go after Ocare and pick the battles where they can take the high ground. Had they been mum on Ocare after the Supremes said it was legal, they could have reeped the benefits of all the negative stories that will be coming out for years. But then, they would have to offer a better Healthcare solution, which I haven't seen.

Replies in red.
    Last edited by Franco; 10-16-2013 at 07:54 PM.

Rep Justin Amash's take on the "deal".

http://www.mlive.com/opinion/grand-r...t_ceiling.html

"A much better deal was possible, but most politicians were unwilling to make real compromises. Republicans needed to accept practical reductions in military spending and the elimination of special tax breaks and subsidies for people with political connections. Democrats needed to accept reasonable reforms to Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid that would keep these programs viable and preserve most benefits. These are necessary, difficult compromises. If we wait until we run out of money and our creditors stop lending to us, the cuts will be more abrupt, larger, and more devastating for the most vulnerable Americans."
    Last edited by Franco; 10-16-2013 at 08:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    ...Rush is entertaining, but everyone who doesnt agree with him always like to make him seem like he is the voice of the R Party, which isnt even close....
    So, who is the voice of the Republican party? Boehner, Cantor, Cruz, Palin, McConnell, Rienz Priebus, Christie, Hannity, McCain, ???