The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Dems Are Gloating and Rush Is Bailing on the Repubs

Well, well, well...why am I not surprised.

A proposal to end the government shutdown and avoid default orchestrated by Republican Leader Mitch McConnell and Democratic Leader Harry Reid includes a nearly $3 billion earmark for a Kentucky project.
    Language in a draft of the McConnell-Reid deal (see page 13, section 123) provided to WFPL News shows a provision that increases funding for the massive Olmsted Dam Lock in Paducah, Ky., from $775 million to nearly $2.9 billion.
    It's time we abandon our party affiliations and rather than being good Dems or good Repubs we all become good Americans. MJH345

Quote Originally Posted by Henry V View Post
    So, who is the voice of the Republican party? Boehner, Cantor, Cruz, Palin, McConnell, Rienz Priebus, Christie, Hannity, McCain, ???
    I think it's Buzz, Henry V, Sarge, and occasionally menmon...
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by Henry V View Post
    So, who is the voice of the Republican party? Boehner, Cantor, Cruz, Palin, McConnell, Rienz Priebus, Christie, Hannity, McCain, ???
    None of the above even though the media has tried to make a couple of the aforementioned people the Face of the Party when it fits the narrative

Of those you listed they represent what is wrong with the Party, they cant seem to get on the same page when it comes to ideology. One needs to look no further than the last election cycle to prove that. We as a Party talked real tough and nominated one of the most Moderate of candidates to carry our flag in the general election. until they decide if they want to be Fiscally conservative and be Socially tolerant without going overboard they can win elections
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

There is no leadership in the republican party. There are huge fractures in ideology that is leaving a leadership vacuum. Until those are resolved or the party splits up I don't think anyone person can speak for the whole group. I personally think the party needs to split up. The article from esquire that was posted a day or so ago had a great article about the new American center that I believe a more traditional republican party could really take advantage of. Got to let those tea party folks move on to their own party first though.

Rush was a lot more influential in the early to mid nineties. I still think he is an important political figure though because of the tremendous amount of influence that he has had over politics. His model of giving his message to the masses to get voters into lockstep with his beliefs have been successfully copied by many other conservative talk show hosts and not very successfully by some liberal hosts. No doubt that he has altered the political landscape.
    During break time at obedience school, two dogs were talking.
    One said to the other..."The thing I hate about obedience school is you learn ALL this stuff you will never use in the real world."

Quote Originally Posted by Henlee View Post

There is no leadership in the republican party. There are huge fractures in ideology that is leaving a leadership vacuum. Until those are resolved or the party splits up I don't think anyone person can speak for the whole group. I personally think the party needs to split up. The article from esquire that was posted a day or so ago had a great article about the new American center that I believe a more traditional republican party could really take advantage of. Got to let those tea party folks move on to their own party first though.

Rush was a lot more influential in the early to mid nineties. I still think he is an important political figure though because of the tremendous amount of influence that he has had over politics. His model of giving his message to the masses to get voters into lockstep with his beliefs have been successfully copied by many other conservative talk show hosts and not very successfully by some liberal hosts. No doubt that he has altered the political landscape.
    WHAT KIND OF LOGIC IS THAT ? if the party splits it virtually insures liberal victory...They need to follow the outline put out by former Gov Mitch Daniels, when he suggested the R's need to focus on winning the House and Senate, and battle the social issues in the Supreme Court...The Tea Party cant survive on its own, and without it the R Party will be overrun by the RINOS of the world, IMO the Tea Party has a bad habit of overplaying their hand, mainly by the candidates they seem to field in very winnable House/Senate elections..they seem to think that if a solid Conservative can win by a whisker then a far right ideologue should win by a landslide, and what is usually the case is just the opposite

The other thing the R do is they eat their own,as evidenced by the last two POTUS elections..they eliminated their best candidates in the primaries and all that was left were the moderates like McCain and Romney
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

So.......the Democrats won!!!
    Awesome.........

Anybody remember America?????
    Did she win??

RK, sadly I don't think she has won in a long time. Heartbreaking!

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Well, well, well...why am I not surprised.

A proposal to end the government shutdown and avoid default orchestrated by Republican Leader Mitch McConnell and Democratic Leader Harry Reid includes a nearly $3 billion earmark for a Kentucky project.
    Language in a draft of the McConnell-Reid deal (see page 13, section 123) provided to WFPL News shows a provision that increases funding for the massive Olmsted Dam Lock in Paducah, Ky., from $775 million to nearly $2.9 billion.
    What a disgrace, he sold his soul to the devil.

He is NOT my idea of a Republican.

Quote Originally Posted by coachmo View Post
    RK, sadly I don't think she has won in a long time. Heartbreaking!
    It's not heartbreaking or sad...it's disgusting. It was totally 100% predictable. Too many wimps in the Senate and the House who are more worried about what the press says about them than actually doing what is best for the country. Until we have more voters who are as aware and fed up enough to do something about it... This will continue. Replay in three months.
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    I think it's Buzz, Henry V, Sarge, and occasionally menmon...
    The very thought of it gives me laryngitis. How about the Great Voice of the Paha Sapa, the King of Coffee Grinder Radio--Uncle Bill.
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!