The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What a GREAT Day in America!!!!

Default What a GREAT Day in America!!!!

All of the "Non-Essential" Government workers are back on the job!!!!

(with full back pay!)

And the debt increased $328 billion in just a couple of days since the debt ceiling was raised ... outstripping the previous record by about $100 billion.

Did we realize that the increase in the debt ceiling specified a date, but not an amount? POTUS has a blank check until Feb. 7! Wonder how much they can spend by then?

Fed workers get a 1% raise as of Jan. 1. 1% doesn't sound like a whole lot ... but many private sector workers have seen no raises at all; some are working part-time rather than full-time; some, sadly, are not working at all.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Well I must say I am a little confused. Huffington Post says the debt ceiling of $16.7 Trillion is an extension. Other sources say there is no limit.

i am going to have to find the bill and try to read it with out either raising my blood pressure because of the contents or falling asleep from the dry reading.
    What if all we have today is what we gave thanks for yesterday?

Gary, I posted the link for the text of the bill on another thread ... but not sure which one! Might have been the shutdown thread or the CR thread.

When I read the text, I did not see mention of a #, just the dates ... I just thought I may have missed it.

The new $328 billion put it at, I think, $17.1 trillion.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    Gary, I posted the link for the text of the bill on another thread ... but not sure which one! Might have been the shutdown thread or the CR thread.

When I read the text, I did not see mention of a #, just the dates ... I just thought I may have missed it.

The new $328 billion put it at, I think, $17.1 trillion.
    You are right! The Huffington Post was wrong. There is no debt ceiling. Spend as they may. Good grief
    What if all we have today is what we gave thanks for yesterday?

And while they were spending, they didn't forget to appropriate the $174,000 for Sen. Lautenberg's widow, who just happens to be a millionaire. Did anyone notice that the stipend for military who are killed in combat is only $100,000? The dead Senator was worth almost 2X as much as a dead soldier to Congress. And I doubt that many (any?) of those soldiers were millionaires. Some undoubtedly left young children as well. I think Lautenberg was around 85, so no kids to raise there.

We just lost an 82-yr old Congressman this past week. Wonder how much his estate will get.

These out-of-touch insiders take care of their own ...
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com

And while they were spending, they didn't forget to appropriate the $174,000 for Sen. Lautenberg's widow, who just happens to be a millionaire. Did anyone notice that the stipend for military who are killed in combat is only $100,000? The dead Senator was worth almost 2X as much as a dead soldier to Congress. And I doubt that many (any?) of those soldiers were millionaires. Some undoubtedly left young children as well. I think Lautenberg was around 85, so no kids to raise there.

We just lost an 82-yr old Congressman this past week. Wonder how much his estate will get.

The "good old boys" network are getting richER while many in this country are suffering ! It just makes my blood boil. And our media is bought and paid for by those in control. Or the media people are dumber than dirt. Either way they are not doing their job correctly. Very, very sad.
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

If that's the case, lets just give all the Senators and Congressmen $174,000 and tell them all to get lost. Well save money in the long run.

Start from scratch with a new bunch that will follow the will of the people.
    Bill Davis

Road Kill, just think for one minute that there are actually some RTF participants who happen to be government workers, who do actually put in a full, hard days work, who might take exception to your sarcastic comments. I gotta say, I just get d@#n tired of hearing all government workers placed in the same stereotype of being lazy and non-productive and we really didn't miss you non-essential folks. Thanks so much for pissing me off on a beautiful Sunday morning.
    Mike Tome
    Duckdog's Fast Autofocus
    GMHRCH-III WR North Star's Deuce of Diamonds

MHR WR Pondview's Bar None 1994-2006

Duckdogphotography.smugmug.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Tome View Post
    Road Kill, just think for one minute that there are actually some RTF participants who happen to be government workers, who do actually put in a full, hard days work, who might take exception to your sarcastic comments. I gotta say, I just get d@#n tired of hearing all government workers placed in the same stereotype of being lazy and non-productive and we really didn't miss you non-essential folks. Thanks so much for pissing me off on a beautiful Sunday morning.
    I don't think I am the one that coined the phrase "non-essential."