The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Double Pay

Default Double Pay

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013...ice-in-oregon/

I'm actually kind of surprised that the unemployment checks got started so quickly. I thought there were many states where you couldn't even get an UE check until you had been UE'd for 30 days? Did it used to be that way, and changed?
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

This is unfortunate. It most likely changed whenever they extended benefits to a year or more

I wouldn't expect anything less.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013...ice-in-oregon/

I'm actually kind of surprised that the unemployment checks got started so quickly. I thought there were many states where you couldn't even get an UE check until you had been UE'd for 30 days? Did it used to be that way, and changed?
    Many states have a one week waiting period.
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

YOu would be amazed at what can qualify. In some states you can quit your job, yes quit and get benefits.
    As an HR manager I fought a claim we received for someone who quit for other employment, clearly stated in his letter of resignation. Turns out he gave his notice before passing the drug test or the new employer, which he failed. He got his benefits, but because I fought the claim our unemployment insurance rating was not dinged. You can imagine what I had to say about him getting a dime.
    Back in CT another person claimed they had to quit and move to CA to care for her grandmother. Yup she got unemployment too, What a crock!
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

AS annoying as this is, the part that really burns me is that the furloughed workers are getting BACK pay!! How did putting them on furlough save any money if we simply delayed paying them a few weeks?! Just more govt sillyness.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com