The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: And now we move on ...

When questioned on O-care's problems, and regarding the individual mandate, Carney replied:
    Asked if the administration is looking for flexibility in applying the mandate, Carney said: "Whatever conclusions you draw about the way the law is written, I think you can draw. The law is clear that if you do not have access to affordable health insurance, then you will not be asked to pay a penalty because you haven't purchased affordable health insurance."
    Hmmm ... might it appear that some of what the Rs had asked for in the CR discussion actually made sense?

I disagree that Obama is unwilling to govern. He has used many executive orders to do so. He has, after all, declared the young illegals off limits to law enforcement, except for the most serious crimes. He has given many waivers to O-care, and delayed the mandate for businesses. He obviously directed Kerry to sign the UN small arms treaty (which, thankfully, Congress has pretty much unanimously agreed will be DOA in Congress). Can we forget how he took the bull by the horns and committed the US military to defeat Gaddafi in Libya.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Maybe that happens to be the view of those who are not "right wing radio heads?"
    Sorry, I didn't take that quiz and I don't listen to political talk radio.

Its just quite obvious that BHO is a man who will be remembered as being the first black POTUS and that he accomplished absolutely nothing positive while in office. The only thing he is even remotely good at is widening the divisions in this country even further.
    Mioaks Southbound Sammy JH
    Leatherwood's Here's Your One Chance Fancy

"Luck is the residue of design"- Branch Rickey

Perhaps what is most disturbing, and even seen here on this Forum, is that almost nobody can criticize anything this POTUS does, without being called a racist. That, then, negates any sensient discussion of issues.

Most recently, when Dr. Carson, likened control of govt through the control of the ACA to slavery, HE was called a racist by the MSM. Here's someone the IRS couldn't even find fault with (and they tried), and he's a racist? Then we have Charlie Rangel, whose downright criminal acts got nothing but a slap on the wrist, who is sitting in Congress like nothing ever happened.

Black men and women who have achieved great success, inspiring all of us, are called Uncle Toms if they don't happen to agree with every liberal point of view.
    Last edited by Gerry Clinchy; 10-22-2013 at 09:07 AM.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Guess Rubio read between the lines of Carney's press conference. He plans on introducing a bill to delay the individual mandate citing Carney's words that you can't tax someone for not buying something that the failure of the website makes it impossible to buy.

For people who are losing their present coverage by 12/31, they will need to have new coverage by 12/14 in order to have the coverage effective by 1/2014. If the individual mandate is delayed, as Rubio intends to propose, will the private sector respond by extending those policies to a date that coincides with the new start date of the indiv mandate? CAN they respond on short notice? Do they WANT to respond? Or will they offer these people coverage that corresponds with what O-care will later require, and charge them premiums based on that?

If we had, as we have been told, 30 million without coverage to be "fixed" by O-care, if the private sector does not respond to a delay in some way, how many more will be in limbo until all this is ironed out?

If the Ds were to pass Rubio's proposed legislation to delay the indiv mandate, I sorta guess that it would be good political fodder for the 2014 mid-terms ... by the time the Rs had proposed a 1-yr delay the website was already crashing, but the Ds still rejected a delay. If they vote for a delay now, will that play poorly for them in the mid-term campaigns? If they think so, and vote against new delay legislation, and the website continues to falter, will that play even worse in their mid-terms? Would Obama issue and executive order for an indiv mandate delay to save the D mid-term campaigns? Obama admitting to his error in not agreeing to that sooner could play as badly as the other scenarios. It could even play badly in 2016 when a D candidate might have to disavow Obama's errors in judgment?

How will this play into the trust in the Ds plans for immigration reforms and amnesty? Would anyone trust Obama not to use his executive power to gut any border security measures in any such legislation (as he has already done with present law)? Even ICE and BP unions are being vocal about what has happened in that regard.

I admit that what I can't quite figure out is how there are record deportations under Obama, in spite of the policies he has put in place. Is it because more people are entering due to lax border security? So, estimates of how many illegals are here are not accurate, i.e. there are many more than the estimates, so many more have to be deported? Are the illegals committing more serious crimes so that they HAVE to be deported? One activist who surrounded a deportation bus said that he had once been on one of those buses ... but, uh, he was now back again. So, are the deportations ineffective, and those deported simply return again and then are re-deported? Duplicate deportations could swell the number. If 2 million were deported, and most of them returned here again due to poor border security, then we truly have a waste of $ in deporting if we can't keep them out.

It should be interesting between now and Nov. 2014.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Henlee View Post
    Because the R's were so for it before? Nicely played Rubio. I don't care though, immigration reform is total B.S. If they are here illegally now, they should never be allowed to be a citizen ever. I really wish Law Enforcement would do their job during their rallies. There also ought to be serious penalties for employing illegals.
    Yikes we agree!
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

Nothing will be done on immigration or anything else. That is the republican plan. Keep Obama and the rest of Washington in crisis mode, what better way to completely obstruct anything that Obama wants to accomplish?
    Why should anyone be rewarded for breaking the law?

Maybe that happens to be the view of those who are not "right wing radio heads?"
    Maybe it is the view of people who already purchase a private policy and are losing their healthy discounts, being forced to buy coverage that includes stuff they neither need nor want, etc etc. People who know their policy is the best for their family etc.