RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

No More Cancer No More Pain: HRCH Otter Sloughs Bronze Gander

6K views 40 replies 40 participants last post by  Irishwhistler 
#1 ·
Dear Grandpa,

I knew you never cared much for yella dogs, but please welcome my boy with open arms... If you and "Old Joe" wouldn't mind so much take him hunting once in awhile... He's been my consummate companion for the last 9 seasons, so he knows the game grandpa... He can be a bit quirky around the ladies but otherwise he's a total gentleman.... Maddie and Abby asked if maybe for the first few nights you might let him lie at the foot of your bed.... He's a cuddler and he feels safe there.... I'm sure he knows but tell him daily we love him and miss him....

Thanks Grandpa,

Richard

PS: Goodbye Old Friend, Thanks for the many wonderful memories.... The marsh will never be the same... Rest well my precious boy....

#28 ·
Richard I am so sorry to hear about your loss of Gander. I was judging this past weekend and had a flyer that had been done as you say.............SHOT IN THE LIPS......I thought of that when I was hangin that duck up.......so sorry again.

#30 ·
Having a tough day and that brought tears to my eyes. I am so sorry you lost your boy. Run free big man.

#35 ·
I am very sorry for your loss. You did the last best thing you could do for him and ended/prevented suffering.

Cancer is a four letter word.

#36 ·
Richard,
I am so very sorry for your loss. I've lost way too many cherished pets over the years, it hurts horribly every time. Right now we are fighting like hell to save our blf's life from some sort of liver infection. I've been preparing for the worst but hoping for the best, if the worst happens I'm going to be devastated so I feel your pain and heartache and wish you all the best. Remember all the good memories, not the suffering. He will be with you on every hunt from here on out, maybe even helping train the next retriever in your life, so if training the next dog goes very smoothly thank Gander for guiding him.

Brad

#38 ·
I am so sorry for your loss of Gander. They just are not with us long enough. May all your marks be flyers Gander. May all your blinds be lined.

A beautiful tribute. There is no cancer in heaven, Gander. Rest well.

#41 ·
Richard,
I just lost my Lab in September and the hurt is unbearable. Glad to hear your companion gundog is no longer in pain. It is never easy to let them go.

Less than two months from my Labs passing, I am taking delivery of a great pup tomorrow morning. I knew within 3 days of losing my companion gundog that I would go crazy without another by my side. It will be like starting over to hope for achieving gundog greatness with the new prospect pup. Training will start tomorrow in it's most simple form. The time devoted to the new pup will help to heal the hurt of the void I have been suffering for thel last several weeks.

My condolences for your loss.

Irishwhistler

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.