RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

No More Cancer No More Pain: HRCH Otter Sloughs Bronze Gander

6K views 40 replies 40 participants last post by  Irishwhistler 
#1 ·
Dear Grandpa,

I knew you never cared much for yella dogs, but please welcome my boy with open arms... If you and "Old Joe" wouldn't mind so much take him hunting once in awhile... He's been my consummate companion for the last 9 seasons, so he knows the game grandpa... He can be a bit quirky around the ladies but otherwise he's a total gentleman.... Maddie and Abby asked if maybe for the first few nights you might let him lie at the foot of your bed.... He's a cuddler and he feels safe there.... I'm sure he knows but tell him daily we love him and miss him....

Thanks Grandpa,

Richard

PS: Goodbye Old Friend, Thanks for the many wonderful memories.... The marsh will never be the same... Rest well my precious boy....

#2 ·
awww geez.....sorry to hear it, Go get em Yella dog

#3 ·
So sorry Richard. I think you and Gander had one of those rare, magical bonds. It showed in every post you made. Be at ease that he is at ease and fill with love, not pain, when you think of him.

#4 ·
Richard, I hope you find some comfort in knowing that your best buddy is no longer suffering through the horrible effects of cancer. I know how much it hurts to lose them, but I try my best to remember the love I had for them and the love they unconditionally gave to me.

So sorry for your loss.

#5 ·
Richard: that is one of the nicest send off's I have read in awhile,very sorry for your loss

#7 ·
Sorry for your loss, Richard. No sadder a day for a dog lover......

#9 ·
Sorry about your frined - no more pain is a good thing.

#14 ·
Very sorry for your loss of Gander. Cancer is taking too many, too soon. RIP, Gander, hope you and Grandpa meet up and share some comfort.

#19 ·
Hang in there Brother Richard,

I'm sorry he's left you on earth.

I am positive Grandpa won't mind a yellow dog. In fact, I bet that will make him even more special. He was yours, and he was yellow.

The next time you're in the river bottoms waiting for legal shooting time, you'll feel Gander there with you. It won't feel the same, but it's a painful sort of comfort that gradually hurts less. But it takes time.

I'm sorry man... Chris

#21 ·
Sorry for your loss but thankful you had each other to share a wonderful life together.

#22 ·
Richard, we have talked at great lengths about Gander and especially when he first got diagnosed. Again, I am sooo terribly sorry to hear about Gander. Here are a few pics that Richard sent me that I wanted to post for him. You two made a truly great team!! Godspeed, Gander and rest easy big guy.

#23 ·
I don't know what to say other than thank you all.... My words cannot express what each heart felt condolence means to me.... It's been one of the most difficult days of my life.... However, you all have helped ease my pain....

God Bless,

Richard

#24 ·
Richard
So sorry. Even though you know the suffering is over for your friend it takes a lot of time to get over your suffering from the loss. I hope it passes for you soon.

#25 ·
Sorry for your loss.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.