The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thanks to South Mississippi HRC

Default Thanks to South Mississippi HRC

So. Miss put on a great hunt, Thanks to all the put it together. Judges were great, test were as close to the real thing as you can get and fun to run.
    Good to see a lot of old friends I have not seen in a long time.
    Karen

Senior Member Sundown49 aka Otey B's Avatar

Karen I can just imagine how much fun that HT was. I would have loved to have made it down for it.
    My Dad said to me ."Son, a man just needs three things to be happy....A good dog, a good gun and a good wife.....Thank God I have all three
    Sundown's Boss of Delta Marsh JH (Louie QAA X Delta MH)
    Traveling Through The Graded Timber JH (2012 NAFC Trav X Timber MH QAA)

Sundown's Ruff And Tuff (Boss JH X Lil Bit) best pup I have ever raised
    Home of HRCH Sundown's Loaded To The Maxx (FC AFC Jamie X Dixie QAA) RIP
    www.sundownlabs.com

Yes it was awesome. Magnificent grounds, great test set-ups, fair judges, and lots of fun. I'm not gonna steal Karen's thread but I will be writing my own in the next few days concerning my experience at SMS HRC this past weekend.

Lonnie Spann
    Last edited by Lonnie Spann; 10-21-2013 at 08:12 PM.
    DISCLAIMER: The above post is the opinionated and biased view of your's truly, Lonnie Spann, and is in no way intended to reflect the opinions or views of the unfortunate individuals named below who just happen to be doomed with guilt by association.

Member of CAHRC and North AL HRC. I train with AND AM FRIENDS WITH: Fishduck, Laidback, Splash_Em, RF2, Drake2014, Claimsadj, Hooked on Quackers, RookieTrainer and Roseberry.

HRCH Spann's Quacker Jack "Jack" 500 Pt. Club (New & IMPROVED jacket).

Thank y'all for coming and helping.

Lonnie - that story going to contain the words cooler, 500 points, and "Great Pumpkin"?
    Richard Gravely

Quote Originally Posted by Splash_em View Post
    Thank y'all for coming and helping.

Lonnie - that story going to contain the words cooler, 500 points, and "Great Pumpkin"?
    Yes Richard, all three!

Lonnie
    DISCLAIMER: The above post is the opinionated and biased view of your's truly, Lonnie Spann, and is in no way intended to reflect the opinions or views of the unfortunate individuals named below who just happen to be doomed with guilt by association.

Member of CAHRC and North AL HRC. I train with AND AM FRIENDS WITH: Fishduck, Laidback, Splash_Em, RF2, Drake2014, Claimsadj, Hooked on Quackers, RookieTrainer and Roseberry.

HRCH Spann's Quacker Jack "Jack" 500 Pt. Club (New & IMPROVED jacket).

I had a blast! Thanks to all!!
    Mark Land

Coolers???
    Wm. Mark Edwards
    Pascagoula, MS

HRCH (500) UH Ellie Mae MH
    SHR Tipsy

Lonnie it was good meeting you. Can't wait to hear the story and you will not be stealing this thread

**It’s officially in the books! The test is over minus mailing in a few reports and completely balancing the checkbook. I truly think Ms Cleo would have been proud of the club and all of its members for the atmosphere and dog work we enjoyed this weekend. * *

*I appreciate everyone’s help over the weekend to make the test run as smoothly as what it did. The marshals and workers behind the eyes of the handlers made the test run as smoothly as you can hope for. Upland got a late start on Saturday, but moved right along as soon as the rain moved out of the area. * **

This test shows what we can do as a club when we all work together. It’s not an easy task to have 1 Started flight, 1 Seasoned Flight, 2 Finished flights, and an Upland completed at a very reasonable hour on Sunday with the equipment put up in the trailer and all the trash squared away. All in all, everything was completed before the sun started to set Sunday afternoon. * *

Thanks again to all of the handlers that came out and enjoyed the weekend with us. Several 1st*time handlers received ribbons and seemed to have a great time. These handlers and dogs are the life blood of the sport and everyone welcomed and encouraged them along the way. Nothing tugs at the heart strings more than seeing the smiles of a child when they know they have done a great job and they are proud of it. * **

Four people achieved a milestone that is impossible to reach without continual dedication to the HRC games and family. Mark Edwards, Lonnie Spann, and Tyler Patterson each were recognized as entering a dog into the 500 Point Club while Mandy Cieslinski entered one into the 1,000 Point Club. *

Again, a thank you goes out to all of the judges, handlers, and workers that made this weekend run as smoothly as what it did.
    Richard Gravely

I wish the cooler had been bigger, so we could have closed the lid
    HRCH Rip's Fullhouse Jacks Over Aces SR Ace
    Color me Gone- Speed

Jack Gravely
    Aspire to Inspire before you Expire