The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Traveling to Houston, any can not miss restaurants GDG

Don't worry Bobby, anybody can eat wherever they want. Unfortunately I can't remember the name of the joint, but it was pretty popular and may still be around. That kind of sick is something you never ever forget. You go right ahead, help yourself!
    Carol,
    Owned and handled by Cruisin' with Indiana Jones, JH
    Alternate Handler: Westwind Buffalo Soldier
    Apprentice Handler: Snake River Medicine Man, JH
    http://newhoperetrievers.com

Quote Originally Posted by Brad View Post
    papadeuaxs (sp)
    Houston, for all the bad things about it, has great food.

Although they are a chain now, they are a Houston chain, you can't go too far wrong with Pappadeaux or any of the Pappas places. Pappas Bros steakhouse is very good.

Uchi is some of the best sushi I have had anywhere.

As far as Churrascarias, there are many in Houston. Good and bad. I wouldn't avoid all Italian restaurants because someone you know from the interwebs got sick at one once. If you are worried about it, be sure to prepare your stomach with a caipirinha first. The best in Houston, IMO is Chama Gaucha on Westheimer or Nelore's, but neither are convenient.

Quote Originally Posted by gman0046 View Post
    DO NOT miss Ma Goodsons in Tomball, TX. Its the best Chicken Fried Steak in Texas. Bet you can't eat it all. It will hang off your plate. Also do not miss any of the Pappas restaurants. They are all great.

check the reviews on the place first...

http://houston.citysearch.com/profil...on_s_cafe.html
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleHaul View Post
    Houston, for all the bad things about it, has great food.

Although they are a chain now, they are a Houston chain, you can't go too far wrong with Pappadeaux or any of the Pappas places. Pappas Bros steakhouse is very good.

Uchi is some of the best sushi I have had anywhere.

As far as Churrascarias, there are many in Houston. Good and bad. I wouldn't avoid all Italian restaurants because someone you know from the interwebs got sick at one once. If you are worried about it, be sure to prepare your stomach with a caipirinha first. The best in Houston, IMO is Chama Gaucha on Westheimer or Nelore's, but neither are convenient.
    Ummm. . . thanks Penn, I think. Chama Gaucha it was! I guess they had an unfortunate ingredient in something on the salad bar or the grill that night, but my friend and I spent a couple of hours in the ER about 12 hours later. I'm sure it is generally fine, but once burned . . .
    Carol,
    Owned and handled by Cruisin' with Indiana Jones, JH
    Alternate Handler: Westwind Buffalo Soldier
    Apprentice Handler: Snake River Medicine Man, JH
    http://newhoperetrievers.com

Quote Originally Posted by 2tall View Post
    Ummm. . . thanks Penn, I think. Chama Gaucha it was! I guess they had an unfortunate ingredient in something on the salad bar or the grill that night, but my friend and I spent a couple of hours in the ER about 12 hours later. I'm sure it is generally fine, but once burned . . .
    Believe me, I have gotten as sick as you can get from some backwoods Churrascarias in Brazil. Salad bars in particular can be bad and I definitely avoid the sushi sitting at the salad bars at most Churrascarias. However, the salad bar is just a ruse to get you to fill up before the meat starts coming, so you should avoid most of it any way and focus on the meat and the pao de queijo--and, of course, the caipirinhas

Senior Member Sharon van der Lee's Avatar

If you want to go gourmet route and aren't worried about price, Smith & Wollensky on Westheimer is one of the best restaurants I have eaten at, period.

Hardees is pretty good, you know they make a really good double meat burger.

Lonnie Spann
    DISCLAIMER: The above post is the opinionated and biased view of your's truly, Lonnie Spann, and is in no way intended to reflect the opinions or views of the unfortunate individuals named below who just happen to be doomed with guilt by association.

Member of CAHRC and North AL HRC. I train with AND AM FRIENDS WITH: Fishduck, Laidback, Splash_Em, RF2, Drake2014, Claimsadj, Hooked on Quackers, RookieTrainer and Roseberry.

HRCH Spann's Quacker Jack "Jack" 500 Pt. Club (New & IMPROVED jacket).

Quote Originally Posted by Sharon van der Lee View Post
    If you want to go gourmet route and aren't worried about price, Smith & Wollensky on Westheimer is one of the best restaurants I have eaten at, period.
    2nd on Smith & Wollensky. Tru Luc is also very good and in the Galleria area also.

There a loads of good Texas BBQ places. The brisket is great.

I think America's - which is Brazilian, and may be what others are complaining about - is superb
    https://www.cordua.com/americas/

I also think that Bar Annie (used to be Cafe Annie) is exceptional

http://www.rdgbarannie.com/
    Competition does not build character - It reveals it.

Home of:
    FC/AFC Freeridin Wowie Zowie (2003 NARC Finalist)
    FC/AFC Sky Hy Husker Power
    FC/AFC Freeridin Smooth Operator
    FC/AFC Freeridin Vampire Slayer (2007 NARC Finalist)
    AFC Freeridin Maserati (Double Header Winner)

www.freeridinretrievers.com

Lol...not sure about the food at Treasures but the scenery is nice