The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beer???

Default Beer???

OK. This a political forum. We often talk sports too. Why not beer? Every town now has some sort of local craft brew. What is your local favorite? Many beers that appear as local craft brews are now owned by the big guys, who are owned by out of country conglomerates.
    But within our cities are many small brewers. Whose your favorite? Do they have a website you can link.
    I'll do mine...http://www.marblebrewery.com/

Their IPA is my favorite. I always take some on the road. I hate to get to some small town in CO and only find 3.2 Bud-Light and Hard Lemonade at the conveniece store.
    JD
    Last edited by JDogger; 10-21-2013 at 07:33 PM.
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

Thanks for starting thread I would love to get in to. Here in east central Missouri on the banks of the mighty mo I like Tin Mill blonde. http://tinmillbrewery.com/

Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    OK. This a political forum. We often talk sports too. Why not beer? Every town now has some sort of local craft brew. What is your local favorite? Many beers that appear as local craft brews are now owned by the big guys, who are owned by out of country conglomerates.
    But within our cities are many small brewers. Whose your favorite? Do they have a website you can link.
    I'll do mine...http://www.marblebrewery.com/

Their IPA is my favorite. I always take some on the road. I hate to get to some small town in CO and only find 3.2 Bud-Light and Hard Lemonade at the conveniece store.
    JD
    The boutique brewers are killing the conglomorates! Anhesuer Busch saw it coming when they sold to AmBev. American taste buds are yearning for something more flavorful than the Light Beers they have been living on for the last two decades.

I like the local Abita Purple Haze on tap. I don't care for it in a bottle. When I'm out, most places will serve Stella Artois.
    Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. Calvin Coolidge

Doesn't Stella now own AB? and all the labels. And Blue Moon? Owners..(Coors). Shelf space tells all...JD
    Look at shelf space for anyone but Frito-Lay?? Want Chips? Thank you Reagan.. JD
    Last edited by JDogger; 10-21-2013 at 08:47 PM.
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

Don't live there but work there often.....Farmington NM, Three Rivers Brewery......great steaks and I've grown fond of the Arroyo Amber. They've got several others that are mighty fine also. www.threeriversbrewery.com Unfortunately, I can only have one as some moron in that town decided years ago to save money on the light poles and put all the stop lights horizontal instead of vertical......takes me too long to figure out I've got to stop!!!!
    "What a difference a week makes. This week I feel like a football coach. Last week I felt like Britney Spears' choreographer."
    Coach Bob Green, Montana Tech

Not something I do a lot of but Manny's Pale Ale in the Georgetown area of Seattle. They only do it in gallons so I have to get a lot of help nowadays.

My Grandpa used to brew his own, he was Belgian, very good but potent. My cousin & I when we were about 9 opened a bottle, drank it & they found us passed out in the basement. I wish I had that recipe.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    Not something I do a lot of but Manny's Pale Ale in the Georgetown area of Seattle. They only do it in gallons so I have to get a lot of help nowadays.

My Grandpa used to brew his own, he was Belgian, very good but potent. My cousin & I when we were about 9 opened a bottle, drank it & they found us passed out in the basement. I wish I had that recipe.
    I don't have a liver big enough to work thru all of the good local stuff we have. Summit Pale Ale, Surley's and Lift Bridge are 3 of my favorites.

Come a long way from the days of Hamms, Schmidt and Grain Belt
    Never trust a dog to watch your food!

In San Diego County, Stone's Levitation Ale is a nice one (I'm enjoying one now). Back in Athens, GA, Terrapin Rye is outstanding.
    Matt McKenzie

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it." Henry Ford

Spotted Cow (Wisconsin beer, I found it in Mondovi. Very tasty!)

Bell's Two Hearted Ale. Named after a river in the U.P. section of Michigan. Bell's Oberon is great in the Summer also. http://bellsbeer.com/brands/#Year_Round-2
    Ole and Sven are quietly sitting in a boat fishing, chewing and drinking beer when suddenly Sven says, 'I think I'm gonna divorce my wife - she ain't spoke to me in over 2 months.' Ole sips his beer and says, 'Better think it over...women like that are hard to find.'