The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Beer???

I am not a big beer drinker but I do know which beers I enjoy drinking with FOOD

Alaska Amber- liked in before I ever went to Soldotna AK, like it even better now, hate the IPA version

Blue Moon - like it with food, very refreshing, have tried the AB version called Shock Top, did not like at all

Asahi or Sapporo- love the japanese beers with sushi but they are horrible without food

I think one of the reasons I never picked up the habit of drinking beers is that it doesnt quench my thirst, the first two beers I ever got to try were Pearl, and Lone Star, liked them both...also liked Olympia beer out of Washington
    Last edited by BonMallari; 10-22-2013 at 08:06 AM. Reason: spelling
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Greenville, SC is trying to catch up with Asheville up the road and we are kind of blessed with the amount of craft beer around. In Greenville we have Thomas Creek, RJ rockers, Quest, and Brewery 85. In Asheville, there is Oskar Blues, Highland, and a bunch of others. RJ Rockers most famous is the "Son of a Peach". Thomas Creek's Red ale is pretty good also.

All of you Michigan folks make me so jealous. I love new Holland, bells, and surly and wish they were closer.

My favorite brew though is what I make in my basement. Right now I have my take on Anderson valley's "summer solstice" which I call "Fall Equinox". And I have a "hey yall lets try this" brown ale that may be a mix between avery ellies and Bitch creek.

Franco, Abita's strawberry lager was incredible this summer, although I would have to hide it in my coozie to retain my man card.

I could talk about beer forever, maybe even more than libertarian philosophy

I guess I have no class, I dont like ANY of the "flavored " beers. I want mine in a can with a cooler cup wrapped around it. Where I come from if you want flavored beer,pour a little salt on the lid or put some 'mater juice in it for a red rooster.
    Shawn White

HR Big Creek Retrievers Independence Day JH QAA "Indy "

Quote Originally Posted by shawninthesticks View Post
    I guess I have no class, I dont like ANY of the "flavored " beers. I want mine in a can with a cooler cup wrapped around it. Where I come from if you want flavored beer,pour a little salt on the lid or put some 'mater juice in it for a red rooster.
    I think fruit flavored beers are lower class in my book, but I quickly get over it is usually a gateway beer for non beer folks. I don't like that Son of a Peach although a lot of people do. ANd the strawberry lager was a fluke, I bought it fully expecting not to like it and ended up surprised. If you have any inkling about seeing what else is out there in the beer world, visit a microbrewery in your area, or try a six pack sampler at the grocery store. But if you don't, enjoy the beer you drink, I am not a snob

There is a liquor store here called Total Wine that allows you to buy any one of their 75+ bottles of beer by the single bottle, its a good way to try a beer without having to buy the entire sixpack just in case you get a clunker that doesnt fit your palate
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Not a micro brew but hard to find. Give me a Harp lager draft.
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI