The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: obamacare website purposely meant to fail

Default obamacare website purposely meant to fail

Interview with anti virus guru ,,John McAffee. U.S knew it was a junk program for a long time . Why did they go a head with it? Those who logged in and tried to sign up now at risk for identity theft.
    WOW great interview with McAffee who was not involved but the gov.wanted him to help to fix it for free'
    Pete
    John 5 :30
    I can of my own self do nothing ,as I hear , I judge,,and my judgement is just, because I seek not my own will,,but the will of the father which hath sent me
    John 7:16 -- Jesus answered them and said my doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me.
    mark 16:9 -- So then after the lord had spoken unto them,he was received up in heaven, and sat on the right hand of God
    I Tim. 2:5 --For there is one God and one mediator between God and man ,, the man Christ Jesus

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Interview with anti virus guru ,,John McAffee. U.S knew it was a junk program for a long time . Why did they go a head with it? Those who logged in and tried to sign up now at risk for identity theft.
    WOW great interview with McAffee who was not involved but the gov.wanted him to help to fix it for free'
    Pete
    Yeah, Obama claims HE is bringing in the best and brightest to fix this.
    (will HE now be responsible for the site?)

Where were they in the beginning?????

I know this is old... but this is how much faith I put in Mr. McAfee. The guy is clearly not stable....

http://www.neowin.net/news/john-mcaf...o-return-to-us
    Mike Tome
    Duckdog's Fast Autofocus
    GMHRCH-III WR North Star's Deuce of Diamonds

MHR WR Pondview's Bar None 1994-2006

Duckdogphotography.smugmug.com

Mike
    He adresses this subject in the interview. Anyone can be made to look crazy or like a criminal. Someone who worked for NASA with the highest security clearance possible is no longer needed. Lets discredit him. Better yet lets invade his home ,kill his dog and give him an ultimatum.
    We live in a day and age where reality is distorted.

Pete
    I can of my own self do nothing ,as I hear , I judge,,and my judgement is just, because I seek not my own will,,but the will of the father which hath sent me
    John 7:16 -- Jesus answered them and said my doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me.
    mark 16:9 -- So then after the lord had spoken unto them,he was received up in heaven, and sat on the right hand of God
    I Tim. 2:5 --For there is one God and one mediator between God and man ,, the man Christ Jesus

So Obama took a Canadian company that Canadian officials fired for screwing up their health care website and gave it a much bigger job.

Canadian provincial health officials last year fired the parent company of CGI Federal, the prime contractor for the problem-plagued Obamacare health exchange websites, the Washington Examiner has learned.

CGI Federal’s parent company, Montreal-based CGI Group, was officially terminated in September 2012 by an Ontario government health agency after the firm missed three years of deadlines and failed to deliver the province’s flagship online medical registry.

Oh… And the company used 10 year-old technology to build the Obamacare website.
    USA Today reported, via Guy Benson:

The federal health care exchange was built using 10-year-old technology that may require constant fixes and updates for the next six months and the eventual overhaul of the entire system, technology experts told USA

Who hired them? Nobody knows. Who made the decision? Nobody knows. Who picked them? Nobody knows----and the left does not care anyway

If the job is still in North America.......is it considered "Offshore"????? Hmmmmmmmm.....How do you spell that.....'hypocrisy' I think.
    "What a difference a week makes. This week I feel like a football coach. Last week I felt like Britney Spears' choreographer."
    Coach Bob Green, Montana Tech

Additionally, CGI in Canada handled the Canadian gun registry. That didn't work so well either, and Canada recently abandoned their national gun registry.

CGI, I have read elsewhere, was a company that was "pre-approved" for govt contracts ... the contract was never put up for competitive bidding. "Somebody" simply decided they were the right people for the job. As Stan said, though, we don't quite know who that somebody was.

Then the "general contractor" on the project was Center for Medicare & Medicaid, so the sub-contractor then didn't have full control. This resulted in, rather close to opening day, having to change the programming so that people who signed on would not see the prices until AFTER they created an account & could see if they would get a subsidy. Ostensibly, that was to avoid too much sticker shock for the people.

CNN did a piece on the NYS exchange, which may not yet have had anybody yet confirmed to the insurance providers. CNN certainly would have tried to find people who had a favorable experience, but aired three people who were very dissatisfied with what they learned on the website ... all three would face increased costs even if they chose the cheapest plan. You gotta believe that CNN would have tried to find some people who could comment favorably.

Then when an O-care representative was later interviewed, he chided CNN for airing that story, saying that it was something one would see/hear on Fox. Kind of blatant intimidation that CNN was supposed to be on "their side".

Another interesting fact that came out about the NYS programs. There are over 90 choices ... but NONE of the 90; not even the most expensive ones (going up to $1300/mo in cost) will pay any out-of-network doctors. This becomes a problem for someone who might be in some kind of accident; gets treated in the emergency room ... if even ONE of the doctors who treats the patient is an out-of-network doctor, the plans will deny ALL the medical expenses related to the event.

Another interesting story is that the Canadian system is now able to deny care to people who are just too old ... if the anticipated statistical lifespan in Canada is 70 (or whatever it actually may be), then if you are 71 or older, you can be denied a hip/knee replacement; a heart surgery; etc. Sounds like Obama's response to the elderly woman who could just be given a pill instead of bypass surgery? Seems they may be running out of OPM. The Supreme Court there also upheld that their medical "tribunal" could override family wishes on pulling the plug on life support systems for a patient. Since the govt is paying for the care, the govt gets to make the choice.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

When I said purposely I meant they new it was going to fail .Bad choice of words. Most of the work according to McAfee was farmed out to India. They were given deadlines they could not keep. McAfee's thought it would be cheaper to scrap the entire web site and start new. There are major problems so he says. Something is fishy because the government usually overkills. You know ,,1 shovel needed instead of 10 standing around using their shovel for a kick stand. They blew over 600 million on a piece of junk. ,,and no one is accountable,,,well may be its business as usual who knows
    Pete

I've heard that the Administration is going to bring in Al Gore to fix the system.
    Eric

WRC HR Lennoxlove's Run with Wolves JH, WCX ("Cheyenne") ... still so fondly remembered
    HRCh Struan's Devil's in De Tails SH, WCX ("Lucy")
    SR CH Struan's Flight of Fancy JH ("Muse")
    Struan's Master of the Hunt JH, WC ("Charlie")
    Struan's Just Plain Perfect ("Jane")
    Struan's Driving Us Crazy ("Daisy") ... the baby in charge

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    When I said purposely I meant they new it was going to fail .Bad choice of words. Most of the work according to McAfee was farmed out to India. They were given deadlines they could not keep. McAfee's thought it would be cheaper to scrap the entire web site and start new. There are major problems so he says. Something is fishy because the government usually overkills. You know ,,1 shovel needed instead of 10 standing around using their shovel for a kick stand. They blew over 600 million on a piece of junk. ,,and no one is accountable,,,well may be its business as usual who knows
    Pete
    Back during the first days of disaster, I saw some commentary that when the Medicare site was set up they expected 50K visitors a day and designed for 3X that many. This time this site was designed for just the estimate of users ... and that was an underestimate to begin with.

Wonder why they didn't use the contractor who did the Medicare site?
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.