The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: obamacare website purposely meant to fail

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    And there's more lawsuits coming.
    i would hope someone would challenge the tax piece. Obamacare came from the Senate. I believe the constitution says any govt bills resulting in income for the government must originate in the House. The House never originated the bill. The Supreme Court said the penalty was a tax. It didn't say if the tax was legal or not. A tax is income for the government so I think the tax for not having insurance is illegal. Since I am not a lawyer and I haven't heard much about this I may be totally wrong but I have a phone appointment with the Legislative Rep for my congressman tomorrow to discuss this. I will post what I learn.
    Hebrews 11:3 By faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that the things which are seen were not made of things which are visible.

What if all we have today is what we gave thanks for yesterday?

Let the views of others educate and inform you, but let your decisions be a product of your own conclusions. (Jim Rohn)

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Johnson View Post
    I've heard that the Administration is going to bring in Al Gore to fix the system.

Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by blind ambition View Post
    Sorry Gerry, you need to check your facts better, where is that story coming from? Not Canada I assure you, my mother had her left knee done 3 years ago at age 88!

I will re-check that ... this newer position was very recent, as was the court ruling on the medical tribunal.

I do have a Canadian friend who told me of a 72-yr-old male friend of his that was not given the additional follow-up treatment for his prostate cancer that he would have routinely received here in the US ... this was about 2 years ago ... due to his age. In this case, the patient actually didn't realize that there could be such follow-up care until informed of same by another source.

The same friend's wife is Canadian. When she needed a particular diagnostic test, her wait time in Canada was to be about 13 mos. I don't recall the exact problem, but she believed that 13 mos waiting for this test, if positive, was going to mean she was much more seriously ill before she was able to get a diagnosis. So, she came across the border to the US and paid about $750 for the test she needed within a few weeks. They happen to live close to the US/Canada border.

There is deception being foisted upon the American public about other G20 nations health care plans. Why are US citizen being lead to believe that working Americans deserve to go without affordable healthcare coverage already made available for free to the poor on welfare and the wealthy receiving Medicare? ...I have no idea.

Medicaid may be free, but Medicare sure ain't. Being over 65 I am paying $328/mo for Medicare & supplemental coverage.

Due to the lower fees paid by govt for Medicaid clients, many doctors are stopping taking Medicaid patients. Medicare might not be far behind. The only thing that has prevented it has been the delay in reducing Medicare fees for several years now.

Medicare is going broke ... so while the concept is right-hearted, the implementation of it obviously was not so very well designed and implemented if it is going broke not that many years into its operation.

Know who gets most of the hip replacements in the United States? Older people.
    Know who pays for care for older people in the United States? Medicare.
    Know what Medicare is? A single-payer system.

Not entirely single-payer. Medicare pays 80% of the costs. Most people then have additional coverage for the other 20%, because even 20% of a major illness could necessitate a mortgage on your home to pay for it.

We read about fraud and/or waste in the Medicare system almost daily ... and the bottom line is that it is going broke. And that actually is the problem now with the UK system.
    It's not really accurate to say that those against O-care are against affordable health care insurance or affordable health care for as many people as possible. It just means that they believe O-care is not the best way to reach that goal.

I don't personally believe in a single-payer system. There is not enough money in the entire GDP to give every individual the same level of health care that Bill Gates could buy for himself and his family, even without any insurance.

Perhaps, too, the media have misled the rest of the world about the affordability of health care in the US?

The original figures bandied about were 30 million uninsured. That is about 10% of the US population ... which is about equal to the entire population of Canada. There surely had to be some way to insure those 30 million without ripping apart the health care coverage of the other 270 million?
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

I have a serious problem with a Congressman writing a letter to the President asking HIM to delay the individual mandate! He shouldn't be able to make these changes without the consent of Congress! It goes against every fiber of our Constitution for the President to change laws on his own. Why is nobody calling him on this?
    Mioaks Southbound Sammy JH
    Leatherwood's Here's Your One Chance Fancy

"Luck is the residue of design"- Branch Rickey

I agree, Brad, it is not within the executive branch to change laws without the legislature. The SCOTUS review of the Constitutionality of the law also was not based on the POTUS changing the law subsequent to their review.

This is a very dangerous precedent to allow to occur, but you would never get this Congress to impeach this POTUS. Once his term is over, I doubt they can do anything then. It may require some other POTUS doing something like this with another law before the SCOTUS gets to address the issue. Just hope Hillary is not the next POTUS ... her gender would probably be used to protect and insulate her from criticism in the way race has been used for Obama.

There are apparently several suits proceeding through the courts regarding O-care. Eventually, perhaps, this abuse of executive power could eventually be an issue of one of those suits? It won't help with what Obama has already done, but may provide a ruling to prevent this from happening in the future.

O-care is not the only time this has been done. The same issue is true of executive orders relating to immigration law.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

http://nationalreview.com/article/36...e-marie-turner
    Some facts about O-care over and above the website fiasco. These things will be more important over the longer haul.

I'd guess there is going to be a lot of debate and discussion over these things as we draw near to the 2016 election.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com

I suspect that the problem with delaying the individual mandate is that individuals would in fact delay. That would throw off all of the calculations of rates for those who didn't delay and the insurance industry would go beserk.
    Eric

WRC HR Lennoxlove's Run with Wolves JH, WCX ("Cheyenne") ... still so fondly remembered
    HRCh Struan's Devil's in De Tails SH, WCX ("Lucy")
    SR CH Struan's Flight of Fancy JH ("Muse")
    Struan's Master of the Hunt JH, WC ("Charlie")
    Struan's Just Plain Perfect ("Jane")
    Struan's Driving Us Crazy ("Daisy") ... the baby in charge

After fighting Rs tooth and nail on the CR ...
    American citizens may get a brief reprieve from the non-participation tax at the center of the massive 2010 Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act.

Multiple news sources are reporting that the Obama administration — already reeling from the disastrous rollout of the federal Obamacare exchange — plans to hold off the so-called “individual mandate” by at least six weeks.

NBC Nightly News tweeted Wednesday evening that President Obama may blink in the face of the HealthCare.gov web site’s grim and universally-mocked debut, which has seen poor and dropping traffic; massive technical SNAFUs, and enrollment numbers that are said to be in the low thousands.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com

Part of the reason for the failure of the website?
    Obama administration Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius’ failure at designing websites to provide government services began during her term as governor of Kansas, long before the Obamacare website debacle, Kansas political insiders told The Daily Caller.

Sebelius oversaw numerous costly and disastrous government website projects during her six-year mayoralty (2003-2009), including a failed update of the Department of Labor’s program to provide unemployment pay and other services and similar updates pertaining to the Department of Administration and the state’s Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) services.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/10/23/la...#ixzz2ibhxXMXy

After seven years and $50 million, something should work,” Brownlee told TheDC.
    But it didn't ... and they had to scrap the whole thing. Two other web-based databases in KS were also screwed up while Sebelius was in charge of them.

Whether or not President Obama knew about Sebelius’ website track record when he put her in charge of overseeing the Obamacare website remains unclear.

“When you consider that Obamacare is the pinnacle of president Obama’s presidential career, why would he not have been informed?,”

G.Clinchy@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Johnson View Post
    I suspect that the problem with delaying the individual mandate is that individuals would in fact delay. That would throw off all of the calculations of rates for those who didn't delay and the insurance industry would go beserk.
    I've seen this described as "the death spiral" of O-care.

The sickest people will sign up as soon as possible. The healthiest people will delay as long as possible. The sickest people are willing to deal with the website flaws because they have strong motivation to do so.

If too many healthy people decide to pay the penalty, while the sickest people are signing up, the following year premiums will have to go up to account for the lopsided "group" being insured. Higher rates for 2015 would further disincentivize the healthier people from signing up; pushing rates even higher in 2016.

With first offering of the pre-existing condition coverage, while fewer-than-anticipated people signed up, the cost per enrollee was higher than anticipated (I recently read $28,000+ for each enrollee). This caused that part of the program to run out of money before the first year of it was done.

Sure would make the insurance companies go beserk, since they would be the ones blamed, not the law or the math.

Those who speculate that the disaster of O-care will lead people to scream for single-payer seems a valid hypothesis. And the health insurance industry disappears.

What would happen if ... many doctors/hospitals opt out of the O-care networks; many people pay the tax and create a market for health insurance for health care in the market of the doctors/hospitals who have opted out of taking O-care patients. The whole scenario repeats itself again ... with those who can afford it getting the quality health care & the rest essentially seeing O-care mutate into O-Medicaid with lower reimbursements & quite possibly doctors/hospitals that cannot provide the same quality of care as the "concierge" network of providers. If that were to happen, voters might be less inclined to believe that single-payer would be any better than the O-care, and scrap the whole premise of the govt screwing up the system of medical care delivery.

When faced with huge deductibles, it could become attractive to pay cash out of O-care's network of providers for those things under that large deductible & purchase catastrophic coverage for the big expenses, again, outside the O-care network.

Could have just assessed a per capita tax to put in a fund to provide coverage for the pre-existing condition people, and saved a lot of money. Could have bought a lot of health coverage for the $1 billion Sebelius has spent on advertising & promotion of O-care.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com