The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: obamacare website purposely meant to fail

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    Additionally, CGI in Canada handled the Canadian gun registry. That didn't work so well either, and Canada recently abandoned their national gun registry.

CGI, I have read elsewhere, was a company that was "pre-approved" for govt contracts
    To bid on a cintract you must be preapproved...
    the contract was never put up for competitive bidding. "Somebody" simply decided they were the right people for the job. As Stan said, though, we don't quite know who that somebody was.
    The contract was put out as a Request for Proposal, based on cost alone it cannot be sole sourced because it is not specialized.
    Then the "general contractor" on the project was Center for Medicare & Medicaid, so the sub-contractor then didn't have full control. This resulted in, rather close to opening day, having to change the programming so that people who signed on would not see the prices until AFTER they created an account & could see if they would get a subsidy. Ostensibly, that was to avoid too much sticker shock for the people.

Oddly enough sub contractors are very common and they are part of the bidding and proposal process and their roles are clearly defined, we do this all the time and there are no isses of who is in charge of what.

CNN did a piece on the NYS exchange, which may not yet have had anybody yet confirmed to the insurance providers. CNN certainly would have tried to find people who had a favorable experience, but aired three people who were very dissatisfied with what they learned on the website ... all three would face increased costs even if they chose the cheapest plan. You gotta believe that CNN would have tried to find some people who could comment favorably.

Then when an O-care representative was later interviewed, he chided CNN for airing that story, saying that it was something one would see/hear on Fox. Kind of blatant intimidation that CNN was supposed to be on "their side".

This does not seem odd at all, they know they have certain media groups in their back pockets.

Another interesting fact that came out about the NYS programs. There are over 90 choices ... but NONE of the 90; not even the most expensive ones (going up to $1300/mo in cost) will pay any out-of-network doctors. This becomes a problem for someone who might be in some kind of accident; gets treated in the emergency room ... if even ONE of the doctors who treats the patient is an out-of-network doctor, the plans will deny ALL the medical expenses related to the event.

Most have a clause of non consent, I have had very similar issues happen and when the claim is first denied it can be resubmitted due to the non consent due to condition

Another interesting story is that the Canadian system is now able to deny care to people who are just too old ... if the anticipated statistical lifespan in Canada is 70 (or whatever it actually may be), then if you are 71 or older, you can be denied a hip/knee replacement; a heart surgery; etc. Sounds like Obama's response to the elderly woman who could just be given a pill instead of bypass surgery? Seems they may be running out of OPM. The Supreme Court there also upheld that their medical "tribunal" could override family wishes on pulling the plug on life support systems for a patient. Since the govt is paying for the care, the govt gets to make the choice.
    My responses in red.
    I am not in favor of the website or the Affordable health care act but the same way infowars gets counts of ammo wrong, the government contracting process can be very confusing.
    My Father,My Friend,My teacher,and now My Angel~ 04/21/1956-03/21/2011 You will always be missed. I hope to learn half of the stuff you knew.

~Blessed are those who mourn for they shall be comforted~

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Tome View Post
    I know this is old... but this is how much faith I put in Mr. McAfee. The guy is clearly not stable....

http://www.neowin.net/news/john-mcaf...o-return-to-us
    He may be off his rocker, but other less known computer folks have said the same things. He just gets to be the expert that says it and it becomes fact. There are over 7000 fake obamacare sites right now stealing peoples info just as he said they would, the lack of internal portals is damning to the security process, it makes it way too easy to break into a system that is external or reroute those to your page and steal their identities.
    My Father,My Friend,My teacher,and now My Angel~ 04/21/1956-03/21/2011 You will always be missed. I hope to learn half of the stuff you knew.

~Blessed are those who mourn for they shall be comforted~

It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Johnson View Post
    I've heard that the Administration is going to bring in Al Gore to fix the system.
    Eric...think about it...Gore is the best they have......OMG!

NSA reportedly spied on 124 billion phone calls in one month. You read it correctly: 124 billion. That’s according to a tally of classified documents that reveal the scope of the NSA’s Boundless Informant program. The data presents a snapshot from a 30-day period earlier this year, which showed the agency monitored calls originating mainly in the Middle East, and included three billion calls from U.S. sources.
    The NSA can monitor 124 BILLION phone calls in one month, but CGI can't make a website work to handle a fraction of that kind of traffic?
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

A little of subject. However, this will be a little litmus test of the people's feeling of the ACA. In Virginia's race for Governor the democrat candidate was leading by 17 to 20 points, depending upon the poll, a week ago. Now the election is on November 5th.

This thread will likely be dead and onto immigration because the government definitely wants to get off of this topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    The NSA can monitor 124 BILLION phone calls in one month, but CGI can't make a website work to handle a fraction of that kind of traffic?
    Or be HIPPA complient!

"If you start throwing people in and start having them just fixing bugs it could be a recipe for disaster where you end up with more bugs than when you started," explained James Turner, a member of the technical staff at software company Beeonics and contributing editor at O'Reilly.com.

Lawmakers already are on high alert about the possibility of paying gobs more cash for an ObamaCare sign-up system that has already drained the federal coffers of millions in taxpayer dollars.
    On the Sean Hannity show today, a left-wing journalist (don't remember his name) was questioning why they couldn't have tapped into the fact that eHealthinsurance.com is already selling health insurance to people. Essentially they spent hundreds of millions of dollars to pay someone to re-invent a wheel that already existed; and reportedly doing that with technology that is a decade old. CGI said in its Congressional testimony that it was the duty of the govt to do the testing of the site.
    "As we all know in the software industry, that the later you find problems the harder they are to fix," he tells FoxNews.com. "When you identify problems after the system has been integrated and running and being used by people, then it's going to be more expensive to fix and unfortunately, that seems to be the situation were in right now."
    I saw quoted at Natl Review a private sector person saying that this website should have been do-able at around $1/2 million ... and the govt spent 10X that much! Even if tyhat fella's estimate was off by 100%, this is a gargantuan debacle.
    "If you have a project that is behind schedule, then oftentimes adding more people to the project will just make you more behind schedule," said Edwards. "People will need to be brought up to speed, and this will create more overhead and demand more coordination."

More than ever they will need the right general, and in this regard, that means management, said Turner, and "frankly, the government industry right now sucks at project management."
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Shocking data released Thursday by a highly regarded Bloomberg government analyst put the Obamacare website rollout cost at over $1 billion. This represents a $600 million increase over the price tag usually associated with the Affordable Care Act, according to the Government Accountability Office.

Unfortunately, the bad news does not end here. Due to the multitude of kinks and glitches so far encountered and the anticipated overload of problems yet to be exposed, the website costs will continue to escalate.
    What I really don't quite understand is that when you pay a contractor mucho bucks to do a job, and they totally do not do that job, you pay them more money to fix what they never did right to begin with? Is there no accountability/penalty for the contractor who failed to deliver the product that was paid for?

When BP screwed up in the Gulf, they paid lots of penalty. Just recently some of the big banks finally even paid some penalties for their screw-ups in the financial crisis. But CGI screws up, and we're going to give them more money?
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com

"Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program."
    ... Milton Friedman.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com