The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: obamacare website purposely meant to fail

This is very interesting. People who can't use the govt websites, are buying direct from the insurance companies. This seems workable for anyone who will not be entitled to a subsidy. And they can get plans that are not available on the exchanges.
    http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/...obamacare.html

Not sure whether this belongs in the "unanticipated consequences" thread or here.

So ... it's easier to get coverage and with more choice of plan if you aren't getting a subsidy? No mention of whether these plans are still at a higher price than the people were paying before or weather these plans are more attractive than what's available on the exchanges. I wonder if another loophole in the law is that if you are not getting a subsidy or buying on an exchange, then the plan can optionally be one that does not include coverage for those things you don't need or want?

Maybe they should have had the insurance companies handle all of this to begin with? Why couldn't the individual companies simply enroll both subsidy and non-subsidy applicants? The exchange website could simply give a list of insurors who are offering individual or business policies with subsidies and those not offering subsidies. Probably could have done a website like that for a WHOLE lot less than even the lowest estimates from private sector IT critics.

Sounds good ... unless the real object of the healthcare.gov site was for control and voter registration. Nah, nobody would have wanted to use this "good work" just for a political agenda.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

The great news is that by the end of November the healthcare.gov website will be working perfectly.

One of the contractors has now been designated the "general contractor", and that is what they are saying.

That seems to mean that the code will not have to be re-written as extensively as the critics were saying was needed. That means it will only take about 45 days to fix what it took a couple of years to create. I haven't seen any mention of what this 45-day "tech surge" will cost.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

How did CGI get this contract for the website, in spite of its failures in Canada?

The Canada gun registry was supposed to cost $2 million. It ended up costing $2 billion ... and then was scrapped because it still didn't work. Then it tried to build a database for diabetes in Ontario. That one didn't work either, but at least it only cost $46 million.
    (Those figures from http://nationalreview.com/article/36...steyn/page/0/1)

First Lady Michelle Obama’s Princeton classmate is a top executive at the company that earned the contract to build the failed Obamacare website.

Toni Townes-Whitley, Princeton class of ’85, is senior vice president at CGI Federal, which earned the no-bid contract to build the $678 million Obamacare enrollment website at Healthcare.gov. CGI Federal is the U.S. arm of a Canadian company.

Townes-Whitley and her Princeton classmate Michelle Obama are both members of the Association of Black Princeton Alumni.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/10/25/mi...#ixzz2inxn0zpW

George Schindler, the president for U.S. and Canada of the Canadian-based CGI Group, CGI Federal’s parent company, became an Obama 2012 campaign donor after his company gained the Obamacare website contract.

G.Clinchy@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Storts View Post
    A little of subject. However, this will be a little litmus test of the people's feeling of the ACA. In Virginia's race for Governor the democrat candidate was leading by 17 to 20 points, depending upon the poll, a week ago. Now the election is on November 5th.

This thread will likely be dead and onto immigration because the government definitely wants to get off of this topic.
    They should annex beltway VA to DC. They belong together. The majority of the state by land mass is a totally different world.
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/...thcaregov.html
    Saturday Night Live spoof on the O-care website. Sebelius, herself, could have been even funnier

Saw it reported, however, that the Oregon state exchange is working well ... it signed up 52,000 people for Medicaid. Unfortunately, none signed up for O-care. This kind of result could be far worse than the bad Fed website.

I recall reading that one of the states rejected their Medicaid money because of the fact that after the first few years when the Fed paid for expanded Medicaid, after that even the 10% (the state would have to pay) of the expanded Medicaid cost was going to break the bank. Someone actually thinking beyond the next election? Remarkable.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    . Just recently some of the big banks finally even paid some penalties for their screw-ups in the financial crisis. But CGI screws up, and we're going to give them more money?
    You mean the banks who caved and paid for CARTER, CLINTON, BARNEY FRANKC, etc screwing up and messing with the housing industry by blackmailing banks for decades?

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    This is very interesting. People who can't use the govt websites, are buying direct from the insurance companies. This seems workable for anyone who will not be entitled to a subsidy. And they can get plans that are not available on the exchanges.
    http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/...obamacare.html

Not sure whether this belongs in the "unanticipated consequences" thread or here.

So ... it's easier to get coverage and with more choice of plan if you aren't getting a subsidy? No mention of whether these plans are still at a higher price than the people were paying before or weather these plans are more attractive than what's available on the exchanges. I wonder if another loophole in the law is that if you are not getting a subsidy or buying on an exchange, then the plan can optionally be one that does not include coverage for those things you don't need or want?

Maybe they should have had the insurance companies handle all of this to begin with? Why couldn't the individual companies simply enroll both subsidy and non-subsidy applicants? The exchange website could simply give a list of insurors who are offering individual or business policies with subsidies and those not offering subsidies. Probably could have done a website like that for a WHOLE lot less than even the lowest estimates from private sector IT critics.

Sounds good ... unless the real object of the healthcare.gov site was for control and voter registration. Nah, nobody would have wanted to use this "good work" just for a political agenda.
    YOU must buy a plan that has all of BUMMA's crap whether or not you want or could even USE the coverage.
    Our private plan must end per BUMMA. If we do nothing we will be moved to the closest new plan by BCBSNC. Of course it is $500 more per month and is actually for our needs worse than our current plan.
    At 50 I do not need a plan that covers maternaty and newborn care. That was always a rider option on private plans before. But I must pay for something I will never use.

Just think how successful the rollout would have been if the republicans goal was not for it to fail. It is going to be good for many folks...me included. Now that I don't work for a corporation, I have had to be on Cobra since my wife has rumetory arthritis. Now I can have the same insurance as I did when I worked at the bank for a simular cost. This is good!! Might be a good ideal to wait and judge it after the role out, and quit listening to the nuts in the asylum.
    Last edited by menmon; 10-29-2013 at 10:45 AM.

Please let us know, Menmon, what happens when the Cobra runs out.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com

Marilyn Tavenner, head of the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, testified Tuesday before the House Ways and Means Committee. At the top of the hearing, she apologized for the failures of the main ObamaCare website and vowed to fix them.

But, raising more questions about the administration's transparency on the project, she declined to cite enrollment numbers. She did not claim, as Health Secretary Kathleen Sebelius recently did, that officials simply do not have those numbers -- rather, she said a "decision" was made to release them in mid-November.

"We made the decision that we were not releasing the numbers until mid-November," she said.

Rep. Devin Nunes, R-Calif., asked again whether she had any idea what the numbers are.
    Her answer was the same.

"I'll take that as you don't want to answer the question," Nunes said.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com