The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 81

Thread: obamacare website purposely meant to fail

  1. #61
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    871

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Its different. If you are at fault in hitting my pick up truck, then your insurance should pay and your premium should go up, not mine.
    Some states have "no fault" insurance laws. MN is one such state. Even if you are not in your vehicle and I hit it in the parking lot at the mall, my insurance pays for my vehicle damage and yours pays for your damage. I am sure that behind the scenes, there is a lot more than what it appears on the surface. Friend of mine's daughter was in a car accident while riding in his in-laws vehicle. His vehicle was not even involved and his insurance had to cover the medical expenses for his daughter. I don't get that one. But that's what I was told. Maybe somebody more well versed in that area could tell us how the "no-fault" insurance works.

  2. #62
    Senior Member Raymond Little's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Lake Charles/Grand Chenier La
    Posts
    1,908

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shinyhead View Post
    Some states have "no fault" insurance laws. MN is one such state. Even if you are not in your vehicle and I hit it in the parking lot at the mall, my insurance pays for my vehicle damage and yours pays for your damage. I am sure that behind the scenes, there is a lot more than what it appears on the surface. Friend of mine's daughter was in a car accident while riding in his in-laws vehicle. His vehicle was not even involved and his insurance had to cover the medical expenses for his daughter. I don't get that one. But that's what I was told. Maybe somebody more well versed in that area could tell us how the "no-fault" insurance works.
    i started to enlighten you about insurance on Monday but real business popped up. Maybe you can google insurance terminology and clear up all of your misperceptions about my industry???
    no-fault was meant to make those who fail to PAY for insurance reap the negative consequences of their actions; no insurance = no payment for first $10,000 in damages to auto. I am willing to bet you are big on Internet insurance thinking its saving you ton of cheddar?? That's the only explanation to me why your so unable to comprehend simple deductibles and policy information. Your lucky the insurance company gave you 50% for your personal items stolen from your car. They normally pay 10% for property away from premises on home owner policies. Since my deductible is $2,000 I would have recieved nothing. You also appear to accept secondhand information as gospel when it comes to insurance, Why?? Would you also take the word of a novice who low rents mike lardys training program? How bout a teacher who gives an unflattering evaluation of your child's school work?? Would you not ask more questions before stepping off on that proverbial limb and sawing it off??? I chose to Fire Clients like you rather than try to enlighten since it is much easier than playing defense in a no win game of wits. If its any consolation, my dad doesn't get it either.
    Last edited by Raymond Little; 10-29-2013 at 08:26 PM.
    "Character is doing the right thing when nobody is watching"....J.C. Watts

  3. #63
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    871

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Little View Post
    i started to enlighten you about insurance on Monday but real business popped up. Maybe you can google insurance terminology and clear up all of your misperceptions about my industry???
    no-fault was meant to make those who fail to PAY for insurance reap the negative consequences of their actions; no insurance = no payment for first $10,000 in damages to auto. I am willing to bet you are big on Internet insurance thinking its saving you ton of cheddar?? That's the only explanation to me why your so unable to comprehend simple deductibles and policy information. Your lucky the insurance company gave you 50% for your personal items stolen from your car. They normally pay 10% for property away from premises on home owner policies. Since my deductible is $2,000 I would have recieved nothing. You also appear to accept secondhand information as gospel when it comes to insurance, Why?? Would you also take the word of a novice who low rents mike lardys training program? How bout a teacher who gives an unflattering evaluation of your child's school work?? Would you not ask more questions before stepping off on that proverbial limb and sawing it off??? I chose to Fire Clients like you rather than try to enlighten since it is much easier than playing defense in a no win game of wits. If its any consolation, my dad doesn't get it either.
    I thank you for taking the time to share a little bit of your knowledge. I truly do appreciate it. I do not shop online for insurance. I have had the same insurance company for 20 years. Different agent, because the original agent retired. Good company with a solid reputation. I never really read the fine print, I just figured that stuff like that would be covered. Especially after all these years without a single claim. I guess I just had too high of expectations. Shame on me. I don't feel so bad if your dad doesn't get it either. At least I'm not alone.

  4. #64
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    871

    Default

    How do you fire a client? Just tell them you are not willing to sell them a policy any longer?

  5. #65
    Senior Member Gerry Clinchy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    6,922

    Default

    A piece in National Review cites the portion of O-care that sort of contradicted itself ... first it says that existing plans will be grand-fathered ... but then it takes exception to that and leaves the final decision up to "regulatory guidance". Wonder how many other things in the law are left to "regulatory guidance"? Seems that the legislation then becomes subject not only to Presidential fiat, but also to bureaucratic fiat.


    Jim Capretta points me to this post from Doug Badger, which suggests that this isn’t actually how the law was written in the first place. The infamous grandfather section reads as follows: “Nothing in this Act (or an amendment made by this Act) shall be construed to require that an individual terminate coverage under a group health plan or health insurance coverage in which such individual was enrolled on the date of enactment of this Act.” In other words, if you like your health-care plan, you can keep it. But then the Obama administration went about making it impossible, by issuing the regulations described above in June of 2010, in which it explained:
    The statute does not, however, address at what point changes to a group health plan or health insurance coverage in which an individual was enrolled on March 23, 2010 are significant enough to cause the plan or health insurance coverage to cease to be a grandfathered health plan, leaving that question to be addressed by regulatory guidance.

    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

    ​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

  6. #66
    Senior Member Raymond Little's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Lake Charles/Grand Chenier La
    Posts
    1,908

    Default

    Gerry, any deductible or out of pocket change causes any plan to become non-grandfathered thus subject to the UCA. It doesn't matter when the plan was purchased, BUCA or AUCA. Our (La) min deductible bronze plan is $6,500 for single and $7,500 for family with double deductible for any out of network care. The real sticker shock will occur if you have to schedule a non emergency surgery, most and probably all hospitals are now requiring you to pay your deductible prior to admittance.
    "Character is doing the right thing when nobody is watching"....J.C. Watts

  7. #67
    Senior Member menmon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    2,275

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by luvmylabs23139 View Post
    HA, how is my premium going up 100% $500 per month anything good? and no it is not better.
    If that is the case, you need to get on the exchange and get a different provider. Don't worry, I won't tell anybody that Obamacare worked for you

  8. #68
    Senior Member Brad Turner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by menmon View Post
    Just think how successful the rollout would have been if the republicans goal was not for it to fail. It is going to be good for many folks...me included. Now that I don't work for a corporation, I have had to be on Cobra since my wife has rumetory arthritis. Now I can have the same insurance as I did when I worked at the bank for a simular cost. This is good!! Might be a good ideal to wait and judge it after the role out, and quit listening to the nuts in the asylum.
    Why should somebody else have to pay more just so you can pay less? This is exactly the problem with socialism. What justifies you getting some of my money?
    Mioaks Southbound Sammy JH
    Leatherwood's Here's Your One Chance Fancy

    "Luck is the residue of design"- Branch Rickey

  9. #69
    Senior Member duckheads's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    NW Indiana
    Posts
    648

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by menmon View Post
    Just think how successful the rollout would have been if the republicans goal was not for it to fail. It is going to be good for many folks...me included. Now that I don't work for a corporation, I have had to be on Cobra since my wife has rumetory arthritis. Now I can have the same insurance as I did when I worked at the bank for a simular cost. This is good!! Might be a good ideal to wait and judge it after the role out, and quit listening to the nuts in the asylum.
    I think you are full of crap and don't know what it is going to cost you. You spew the party line more than any ditto head or anyone that watches fox news. If your premium was going to increase 5 times your old cost you would never admit it!!
    CPR HRCH Scott's Sweet Brandy
    Kankakee River HRC
    NRA Life Member
    Pheasants Forever
    Delta Waterfowl

  10. #70
    Senior Member menmon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    2,275

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brad Turner View Post
    Why should somebody else have to pay more just so you can pay less? This is exactly the problem with socialism. What justifies you getting some of my money?
    See you can't stop listening to the folks that want it to fail....if everyone get insurance simple supply and demand makes it cheaper and better for everyone. The only ones that should be complaining are the ones that don't have insurance now and make the responsibles folks pay for them when they show up at the hospital without insurance.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •