The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Which stud would you rather have a pup out of??

Quote Originally Posted by mjh345 View Post
    Enlighten me Billy Boy; where in my 12 word post did I insult anyone? Jamee said in her previous post to mine that she was confused. I simply agreed with her. Apparently your reading comprehension is lacking, so let me lay it out for you. I'll type real slowly for you; but try to keep up Billy Boy
    Her stated confusion was in response to a post by Dan Hurst who responded that he would want a dog "OUT OF" FC-Pattons Blazin Abby. His post although quite short was both subtly funny and accurate. It was accurate both grammatically & factually'; whereas the title to Jamee's thread is inaccurate, or" CONFUSED".
    Thus my tongue in cheek comment agreeing that her confusion was evident from the beginning/
    In light of your exhibited reading comprehension skills let me slow down a bit and further,{and SLOWLY}, explain.
    Try to keep up!!
    Jamee asked in the title to this thread which stud dog would you rather have a puppy "OUT OF" You see Dans comment was subtly funny & accurate because Abby is a bitch and puppies are not "out of" stud dogs "out of" bitches. Let me know if I'm going to fast for you Billy
    Additionally most would agree that Dan's comment was also very accurate. That is because Dan is the owner of Abby who is a great dog who has also proven to be a producer of great puppies.
    She has had 3 litters. The first two liters both produced many tremendous dogs, The best known of the first litter was Bullet, who had a phenomenal pts per trial figure and was #2 on the Derbl list to Ammo, the all time high point Derby dog, who was owned by our mutual friends Bill and Micki Petrovich. Kippy Swingle purchased Bullet, which many would say is about as good of an endorsement of a dogs Superstar status as there is The second litter has produced several great dogs the most prominent of which is Ben Echiverra's Maggie who should be this years Derby champ with a boatload of points and a tremendous Pts per trial average. The third litter are still babies, but showing great promise

In any event I'd wager that if you took a poll of those in the know as to which dog they would want a pup "OUT OF" of recent breedings the overwhelming choice would be Dan Hurst's Abby. That further added to the tongue in cheek nature of my comment that Jamee's confusion was obvious from the beginning
    Are you up to speed now Billy? If so please tell me where you see an insult.

Since you have made yourself the self annointed judge of internet decorum and unneccesary insults Id like you judge the following quote by none other than you. I find it rather telling in this case. Next time you go out looking for people who muck up the main forum with unneccesary insults, don't forget to check your mirror

Once again you have shown the power of the Internet to advertise to the whole world that your mouth (or in this case, your fingers) have a tendency to operate prior to... And more often than your brain. You are the one who chose to introduce yourself to this forum by insulting just about anyone and everyone. Sometimes it's better to be thought a fool than to speak up and remove all doubt.

I don't agree with everyone you attack here. But they were here long before you and generally know when to say when.
    Bill Davis
    In the future when you get your panties in a wad about some POTUS thing, try to keep your misguided WMD's over there.
    In closing tell me again; What is Congress??

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery... Except when it's coming from you.

The above rant reminds me of writings of well know lunatics seen on National news in recent years. They could blame their ills on mental problems. Or maybe a chemical issue. What's yours?
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by mjh345 View Post
    Jamee is great Susan and Im sorry if you interpreted me as being snotty; didn't intend to be snotty. I was making light of her thread title of pups being "out of" a stud; particularly in light of the current separate thread on that subject.

The self serving comment was somewhat a personal canard. There appears to me to be a double standard for what some can get away with as far as advertising If you don't think her thread is self serving then we will have to agree to disagree. I once got sent to the RTF doghouse for allegedly advertising puppies on the main forum. My offense; Someone started a thread commenting on a story they had seen on Good Morning America about a Golden Retriever that whelped a litter of 18 pups. They asked what the biggest litter of Retrievers we had heard of. I responded that my bitch had just whelped 17, and my other bitch had 8; so I was puppy rich if any one was interested.
    THAT got me in the doghouse for advertising on the main forum. You tell me who you think was doing more puppy promoting in those two cases.
    There is one poster, who shall remain nameless, who regularly uses this forum to promote his dog training products. He posts all day and EVERY post has a link to his website. He frequently adds links to U tube clips of his video. He does this in spite of the fact he doesn't sponsor this site and that there are people who sell competing products who DO pay to sponsor this forum Correct me if I'm wrong but you yourself have called him out for his endless FREE self promotion and advertising
    Additionally as I'm certain you know, the owner of the two proposed stud dogs is about as knowledgeable or "PELTED" as you can get.IMHO the info she wants would be much more reliable coming from the horses mouth as opposed to having an opinion poll on RTF; of people who know little or nothing of the qualities of the potential breeding candidates.
    With his credentials and his familiarity with Jamee's dog; and more importantly the fact that nobody knows those two stud dogs better than the man who owns and trains them, that to me is the person whose counsel I would seek.
    From a purely personal perspective, If someone were considering two stud dogs owned and trained by me I would MUCH MUCH prefer they discuss their relative strengths, and weaknesses in private with me; as opposed to airing it out here. Maybe that's just me!!!
    Marc.

Today was my first time reading this.

I'm sending you a private message.

Chris
    "Determining and applying the criteria for when and when not to use correction is the essence of the art of dog training. I make a distinction between a mistake and a lack of effort." - Mike Lardy - Volume I "After Collar Conditioning"

Quote Originally Posted by Jamee Strange View Post
    Not that I need to explain myself to you or justify my rationale for posting here, but as I stated in my original post, Dennis said either would be great and I should get nice puppies from both boys. I have talked with him AT LENGTH about breeding to his boys. I even told him I'll breed to one now and one later and he laughed and said that would be great! lol Also, he told me to ask around and see what other people might think. The main reason I posted on here is because there are several respectable people I wanted to pick the brains of and currently have no contact info for , but they post often enough I figured I had a good shot at getting a response. This is the easiest way to get in touch with them.
    Jamee, Please let me apologize for Marc's behavior.

I like both Eddie and Pickled Pete.

Chris
    "Determining and applying the criteria for when and when not to use correction is the essence of the art of dog training. I make a distinction between a mistake and a lack of effort." - Mike Lardy - Volume I "After Collar Conditioning"

Quote Originally Posted by Duckquilizer View Post
    I'm thinking about selling hypothetical puppies...Anyone interested? They might even be "dilute" factored.
    I am very interested. Can I send you a money order and you mail the puppy and the extra money?