The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker

Thread: Congress: Even worse than we imagine

Default Congress: Even worse than we imagine

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...ommittee-Spots
    The never-before-published lists are reprinted inside the new book Extortion: How Politicians Extract Your Money, Buy Votes, and Line Their Own Pockets, written by Government Accountability Institute President and Breitbart News Senior Editor-at-Large Peter Schweizer.

Senior congressional staffers say the committee price lists have long been rumored to exist but that few people on Capitol Hill have seen them, giving them an almost "mythical" quality.

The book contains copies of the Democratic and Republican price lists detailing how much money lawmakers must raise to obtain and keep their seats on congressional committees. The so-called “party dues” lawmakers must contribute for committee assignments are separate and apart from the fundraising they conduct for their own campaigns. If lawmakers fail to make their tribute payment to their party, they can lose their place on a powerful committee.

“These party dues are not voluntary,” writes Schweizer. “Members are not asked to pay—they are required to pay.”
    Bi-partisan ... both parties are equally guilty of this practice.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

In the same book:
    In his book, Schweizer said there is documentation that the Obama campaign and political committees associated with Obama solicited donations from companies after the Justice Department filed civil and criminal charges against them.

Schweizer said this is a "huge problem" and there is "statistical evidence" in the book that proves the chances of going to jail are lessened if political contributions are made.

"You cut your chances of going to jail in half if you make a contribution," Schweizer told host Sean Hannity.
    Schweizer said the top five positions in the Department of Justice, beginning with Holder, were all campaign bundlers for the Obama campaign, and this unlike what Washington has seen before.

"So, you had fundraisers who were raising money and put into power who are now making decisions about who they're going to prosecute, who they're not not going to prosecute," Schweizer said. "You see this melding of DOJ and the campaign apparatus of the Obama campaign."
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post

I suggest a look at last Sundays 60 minutes broadcast. A segment on something very much like this.
    Never trust a dog to watch your food!

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post

Why am I not surprised? They're ALL dirty! We need to have term limits apply to the Senate and House in the worst way.-Paul
    there's no good reason to fatten up a retriever.