The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Food Stamp Reductions

Default Food Stamp Reductions

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/10/23...cmp=latestnews

I didn't realize that the "stimulus" included temporary increase in the funding for food stamps.

I would imagine that the increase in this funding might have led some who were receiving the benefit to actually believe the economy was improving.

Since I doubt that the recipients will know the actual reason for the decrease (as I would not have), they could be propagandized to believe that it is due to sequestration, which has typically been blamed on the Rs.

Of course, this is also coupled with a story from yesterday that EBT cards are sold on Craigslist and e-bay. Both sites have a prohibition of selling EBT cards on their sites, but some of them slip through anyhow.

It seems that every time there is a suggestion to reduce waste and fraud in any program, there is scoffing that it will ONLY save $10 million or $5 million or $1 billion. I tend to look at it another way, if you took even $5 million from the hands of some crooks, how many people could really be helped who really needed it? How much more would charities have to work with if people didn't have to give the govt taxes to give EBT cards to crooks?
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

The whole darn thing should go back to a coupon (yes coupon) for a bag of rice, sack of beans etc. If you need to feed your family you will do what is needed. There should be a shame factor. We should know who is stealing our hard earned money.
    When the hard working fed income taxpayer stands in line behind someone in line at Sams that checks out a large cart full of cake and HI'C boxes with A food stamp card I think we have a reason to be pissed off.
    LIberals tell me why this is in any way right?
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ......there is scoffing that it will ONLY save $10 million or $5 million or $1 billion. I tend to look at it another way, .................................................. ...............
    Good post. Does it strike everyone else on here that some people can't add up the costs on all these wastes and see that it is just like us doing our shopping and saving where ever we can so we can keep within our "budget". Just makes me think that those people don't have the sense to run loose.......they
    sure shouldn't be spending other people's money. Trim here and trim there as it all adds up.
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

Quote Originally Posted by luvmylabs23139 View Post
    The whole darn thing should go back to a coupon (yes coupon) for a bag of rice, sack of beans etc. If you need to feed your family you will do what is needed. There should be a shame factor. We should know who is stealing our hard earned money.
    When the hard working fed income taxpayer stands in line behind someone in line at Sams that checks out a large cart full of cake and HI'C boxes with A food stamp card I think we have a reason to be pissed off.
    Yep, give them basic foods and no frills. Recipes on the bag/box for those who need help in learning how to prepare the food. When our retarded grandaughter would need groceries she got basic things that would not spoil when we bought for her. She can't boil water but she can fix herself a plate of peanut butter and crackers with a glass of tomato juice.
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

Quote Originally Posted by charly_t View Post
    Yep, give them basic foods and no frills. Recipes on the bag/box for those who need help in learning how to prepare the food. When our retarded grandaughter would need groceries she got basic things that would not spoil when we bought for her. She can't boil water but she can fix herself a plate of peanut butter and crackers with a glass of tomato juice.
    Years ago when we owned our condo in CT nobody ever had an issue with the unit rented to a group of mentally challenged. We the owners faught the section 8 slime. It took 12 years for the taxpayer founded drug dealers below my unit to finally get busted, I was long gone and just another owner but nobody did anything when we called in plates etc. I sent them them the pics/, it was so bad that I knew I bunch of Danbury CT cops and they could not stop it. Then again CT coverups are out of control and have been for more than 20 years, That is another ugly story

I agree

Years ago when we owned our condo in CT nobody ever had an issue with the unit rented to a group of mentally challenged. We the owners faught the section 8 slime. It took 12 years for the taxpayer founded drug dealers below my unit to finally get busted, I was long gone and just another owner but nobody did anything when we called in plates etc. I sent them them the pics/, it was so bad that I knew I bunch of Danbury CT cops and they could not stop it. Then again CT coverups are out of control and have been for more than 20 years, That is another ugly story
    Happy hour start a little early today Luvvy

Ha ha! . Think about getting up to go to work, and your car is blocked by an illegally parked car owned by the welfare drug dealing leach below you. YOu own and pay property taxes for the whore and her spawn to live in the same place/ They drive down you property value and your enjoyment of your property. YOU call, you report, the pot, the dealers etc. and yet stiil she sucks your hard earned money and makes your life a living hell.
    One snowy morning you put your boots on to take your Lab potty before clearing off your car and you get confronted at the main door by a pit bulll and a drug dealer tellling you to get lost. They don't live there but are visiting the bitch bleow you. How fun is that as at the time as 100lb female? Nope nothing done.

MJH345 Brookside condos Danbury CT. We had unit 101 . NO drinking needed to describe the living hell.
    The stories could go on and on.

Glad to see that you got out while the getting was good.