The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Garmin Delta training collar???

Darrin , Seeing that you are promoting these collars you might want to write Foster and Smith Training people and let them know how incredibly WRONG their advice is on how to start the dog on an ecollar http://ecollar.com/index.php/e-colla...ing-techniques

this is the basics intro.....

"Here's how it works:Place the collar on your dog - you can choose a collar with different stimulation levels or a
    vibration collar - and make sure you know how the transmitter works.
    Call out the command and if your dog does not respond, correct him by pressing the
    transmitter button. Make sure you use the lowest level - your goal is to get the animal's
    attention but never hurt the dog. Your dog should associate the stimulation with your voice - he naturally wishes to please
    you, so should respond quickly. When he performs the correct behavior, reward him. Your
    praise can be a simple pat on the shoulder or chest, verbal praise, or a treat. This will further
    reinforce the correct behavior.
    Controlling aggressive or nuisance behavior:"
    Last edited by Bridget Bodine; 10-25-2013 at 08:17 AM.
    BB
    Sight To Sea Labradors
    Southern Cross at Sight to Sea SH "Crosby" (by NAFC FC AFC Cody Cut a Lean Grade)
    Tealwood's Willing at Sight to Sea JH ( by CH I am Able)
    Briarglen's Running on Faith JH (by FC Fish River's Out of the Park)
    Glendair's Come Home to the Sea ( By Ch Topform's Edward MH, QAA)
    Sight To Sea's Take Aim SH (by Sight to Sea's Southern Comfort SH )Aug 23 2003-Feb 2013 Go get em , Man!

Manager of www.DeCoverlykennels.com

Quote Originally Posted by Paul "Happy" Gilmore View Post
    I come across them on craiglist occasionally. I'll buy every one I see from here on out. This is going to be like the end of the 9 shot .22 NEF..... Can't get it and people want it.

for you Pro-500 lovers... just saw this on a quick search- $100

http://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/spo/4105165048.html
    For Sadie and Ruby

Bought a TT Sport Basic G3 at a Hunt Test tailgate party auction last year new in box for about $50 more than they were selling for at the time. Wife asked me if I was crazy or had too many beers. Sounds like I made a good investment. It's still in the box because I have a Pro200 G3 with 2 collars that I'm using now. I think I'll just let it sit on the shelf until I need it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bridget Bodine View Post
    Darrin , Seeing that you are promoting these collars you might want to write Foster and Smith Training people and let them know how incredibly WRONG their advice is on how to start the dog on an ecollar http://ecollar.com/index.php/e-colla...ing-techniques

this is the basics intro.....

"Here's how it works:Place the collar on your dog - you can choose a collar with different stimulation levels or a
    vibration collar - and make sure you know how the transmitter works.
    Call out the command and if your dog does not respond, correct him by pressing the
    transmitter button. Make sure you use the lowest level - your goal is to get the animal's
    attention but never hurt the dog. Your dog should associate the stimulation with your voice - he naturally wishes to please
    you, so should respond quickly. When he performs the correct behavior, reward him. Your
    praise can be a simple pat on the shoulder or chest, verbal praise, or a treat. This will further
    reinforce the correct behavior.
    Controlling aggressive or nuisance behavior:"
    You're kidding me right? I'm not promoting anything.

As usual trying to help people with useful information and getting grief over it.

The first thing I tell anyone about an e-collar or a pinch collar or even a clicker is not to try and go to the internet for information on how to use it, but rather to consult someone with experience using the tool in question.

I don't really care what the website says. It seems so far to be a quality product and people here should know about their options.
    Darrin Greene

Have you all seen the new collars with an e-clicker function? Dead straight serious!

Quote Originally Posted by Paul "Happy" Gilmore View Post
    Have you all seen the new collars with an e-clicker function? Dead straight serious!
    No but I did see a guy using a very low stim level (5 out of 100) to substitute for the clicker, actually.
    Darrin Greene

Just went back to look for it and didn't find the first one but, came up with a Dogtra E-Clicker... I guess Garmin's been one-upped in the new business!?!?!! lol..

http://uniquedistributors.com/iqcliq.html

Do take note;

They have a link for pot bellied pigs..
    Last edited by Paul "Happy" Gilmore; 10-25-2013 at 11:46 PM.

I switched from TT to Dogtra about six years ago and havn't looked back. It took me awhile to get use to the transmitter but I like the Dogtra way better. I like how you turn it off and on and I like the dial. What I really like is the fact that I do not have to send every other one back because something was wrong with it. I had bad luck with TT and even though I all but got their units for free the Dogtra collars have held up way better.
    Faith consists in believing when it is beyond the power of reason to believe.

I am not a fan of the new Garmin Delta's or Delta Sports. As stated previously the annoyance of having to look at the transmitter has been difficult to over come. I personally use the Pro 100 but we sell the Delta and Delta sport as an entry level collar to our clients. Neither have been easy to explain to clients to use. I felt my clients were alot more comfortable using the TT basic then the new Delta's. I also enjoyed the TT charging station rather than the wiring harness Garmin provides. I have expressed my concerns to my Garmin Rep unfortunately I don't think they will be changing anything soon.
    "A dog has nothing, yet is seldom dissatisfied."

Name:
    Chris Krause