The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kay Hagen Refuses to answer why she voted

Quote Originally Posted by shinyhead View Post
    BUT, when you do need to use it, it takes an act of GOD, to get them to pay a claim. They always seem to find a way to skirt around things and exclude stuff.
    Maybe I am the only one who has never had this problem with Car or Health insurance. Including when an out of network surgical assistant got called in during my surgery, they understood I could not consent and took care of it for me, same when we went to the ER and saw a Dr that did not take out insurance but never made us aware because the hopsital took the insurance just not the Independant Doc.

As far a premiums go, the rates do have to rise because they have to pay for all the extra "free" stuff, the free pills, visits, abortions(birthcontrol pills), and they have to pay an infinite amount for every person now. And yes they will still make a profit, why wouldn't they, they are not in business as a courtesy, or a charity they want to make a profit just like every other business. but by forcing them to cover everyone, for everything there has to be more money in the pool, that pool is made up of everyones money who has a policy with them. Your own policy has never covered just you, just like your money is never actually in the bank it is invested or loaned out, or in the insurance companies case it is used to pay claims usually not yours.
    My Father,My Friend,My teacher,and now My Angel~ 04/21/1956-03/21/2011 You will always be missed. I hope to learn half of the stuff you knew.

~Blessed are those who mourn for they shall be comforted~

As I said they are a necessary evil. You pay a premium in case you need to use the insurance. BUT, when you do need to use it, it takes an act of GOD, to get them to pay a claim. They always seem to find a way to skirt around things and exclude stuff. I had my vehicle broken into and my blind bag was stolen with all of my calls on it. I made the claim for replacement and they only gave me 50% of the value. the calls were the same price as when I bought them. Depreciation I was told. I don't use junk calls, and even used calls of my preferred makers bring the same price as new ones. They didn't want to hear that though. So I was out $800 because my calls had "depreciated" BS on that one. It was the first claim that I had made since I started doing business with said insurance company 20 years ago. How much money have I paid them, and they wouldn't repay a miniscule portion of what I have paid them over the years, to replace my gear. They also told me that I could sue the person that stole them. Yea right, a 14 year old kid has that kind of money.
    My experience has been quite the opposite. I just recently filed a claim and within two weeks I had a check for my loss. First time I have filed a claim in the 12 years I have had the policy but it paid exactly what they said they would. Same thing with my medical insurance. It has always paid exactly what they were suppose to pay no problems! I prefer to go though a local agent as opposed to online or discount as I know the agent is always a phone call away. He even negotiated a lower rate with by business insurance before he even spoke to me. Call me to set up my annual review of the policy and rates. shows up and said yes there is an increase but I got them to reduce your rate back to last years rates. Can't ask for better service than that! Thank goodness there are still some places that have great customer service! Unlike our our new taj mahal hospital ER but that story needs a thread of its own!
    CPR HRCH Scott's Sweet Brandy
    Kankakee River HRC
    NRA Life Member
    Pheasants Forever
    Delta Waterfowl

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Little View Post
    actually they shouldn't have paid you a dime since your bag wasn't part of the insured auto. You must live north of the mason dixson line where everyone gets a participation trophy. You sound like the whiney occupy wall st goons, always asking for a freebee. Best advise would be to self insure and bank all that money you waste on insurance. Insurance companies aren't non-profit entities.

So how goes the battle getting certified to sell insurance under ACA???
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

I think that would be a better question to ask your insurance agent. They don't have to double your rates, they are just using this as an excuse to gouge the public on their insurance premiums. Just like the oil companies, everytime somebody sneezes in the middle east, or it get windy in the gulf of Mexico, oil prices jump. Insurance is a necessary evil in my opinion. I do believe it is legalized theft to steal our money. They want the premiums every month on time, but when it comes time to pay a claim, they bring in the FBI and CIA so they don't have to pay. Insurance companies are like politicians, they're all thieves. IMHO
    Shinyhead, welcome to rtf. In addition to hunting and dog training, I am an Insurance Agent (employee benefits) and oil and gas investor. I can't tell you how hard it is for me to sleep at night after fleecing chumps like you out of their hard earned money. It's hard work but someone has to do it. We like to take your money under the pretense of providing benefits. Good grief!
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post
    Shinyhead, welcome to rtf. In addition to hunting and dog training, I am an Insurance Agent (employee benefits) and oil and gas investor. I can't tell you how hard it is for me to sleep at night after fleecing chumps like you out of their hard earned money. It's hard work but someone has to do it. We like to take your money under the pretense of providing benefits. Good grief!
    I don't understand how it works. Just frustrating for me thinking that since my calls cost the same today as what they did when I bought them why I didn't get full replacement. No need to call names, why would you call me a chump? I don't know you and you don't know me. Enlighten me why they said my calls were only worth a small portion of what I paid for them. I even proved to them that used calls of my preferred maker sold for new price, because people want them and they are top of the line. 20 years of premiums and no claims and then chicken feed when I do have a claim that is not my fault.

I don't understand how it works. Just frustrating for me thinking that since my calls cost the same today as what they did when I bought them why I didn't get full replacement. No need to call names, why would you call me a chump? I don't know you and you don't know me. Enlighten me why they said my calls were only worth a small portion of what I paid for them. I even proved to them that used calls of my preferred maker sold for new price, because people want them and they are top of the line. 20 years of premiums and no claims and then chicken feed when I do have a claim that is not my fault.
    It's called sarcasm. As for name calling, you pretty much called me and anyone in my profession a crook.
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

It's called sarcasm. As for name calling, you pretty much called me and anyone in my profession a crook.
    sorry about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    So how goes the battle getting certified to sell insurance under ACA???
    Ha! Four weeks and still get error message when I try to log in. Did find out "they" have changed my user id to all caps.
    i now call it the UCA; Unaffordable Care Act and refuse to attend anymore webinars or seminars on the subject. Believe I am good until 2020 for c e crediks for life/health!!!!! Only two carriers on our exchange, one cut my commission 60% and the other is paying an extra 60%. Wonder if there was any collusion involved in that call??? Us rich insurance agents are Rollin in chedda.
    Just Win

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Little View Post
    Ha! Four weeks and still get error message when I try to log in. Did find out "they" have changed my user id to all caps.
    i now call it the UCA; Unaffordable Care Act and refuse to attend anymore webinars or seminars on the subject. Believe I am good until 2020 for c e crediks for life/health!!!!! Only two carriers on our exchange, one cut my commission 60% and the other is paying an extra 60%. Wonder if there was any collusion involved in that call??? Us rich insurance agents are Rollin in chedda.
    Yeah, Buddy! Ain't it the truth? If it wasn't so tragic, I could laugh.
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

stirred up visions of Tricky Dick Nixon there for a second, guess because its Halloween
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"