The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Continuing Problems With Chinese Ingredients & Products

Brother Steve,

Thank you for the comments. I am just trying to keep a little popsicle stand from burning down. Maybe Spin, who has had multiple opportunities to identify herself by name, is correct. Maybe RTF would have prospered under my humble watch since 1998 much more if I allowed more cheer leading for corporate favorites and such.

Spin sees the line more clearly now. The ball is on her side.

Steve, there are times where long term standby allies make one feel strong and supported. Your comments have made one of those.

Thanks!

�� Chris.

It never fails to amaze me when people think that the rules and/or restrictions on a privately owned and operated message board violate their first amendment rights. It really shows a very poor understanding of the constitution. Maybe Spin is in congress. They often have the same affliction.
    ---------------------------------------------
    HRCH "Boomer" MH
    UH HR "Hunter" SH (RIP)

"When you go to a test or a trial, your dog should be underwhelmed." ~ Evan Graham

"It is unreasonable to expect a dog to be more precise than you are." ~ Rex Carr

"You own what you condone." ~ Mike Lardy

The plugs in general for Dr. Tim's are pretty shameless, and Spin's not the only one who does it. I have been wondering if there is some financial incentive for each mention of the product.

It makes me not want to buy the food.
    Renee P

If Dr. Tim's is that good...it shouldn't have to be plugged on a free forum. They would have the revenues to support advertisement. Hmmm...makes me wonder...

Quote Originally Posted by DonBrou View Post
    If Dr. Tim's is that good...it shouldn't have to be plugged on a free forum. They would have the revenues to support advertisement. Hmmm...makes me wonder...
    I do believe it's a good food.

When I go training at my buddy's place, I see stacks of it on a pallet and I see happy, healthy dogs that would make any trainer proud to own and run them. They are fed this product.

I also tend to realize that like one of my buddies that I've lost touch with used to say - "There's no such thing as bad publicity." I get that. Dr. Tim's has always been brought up on this resource in a good light.

Chris
    "Determining and applying the criteria for when and when not to use correction is the essence of the art of dog training. I make a distinction between a mistake and a lack of effort." - Mike Lardy - Volume I "After Collar Conditioning"

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
    Chris- I gotta say you have more patience than me. Let's review for the folks at home. We have a guy with a challenging career, a full time Father and husband, rescuer of misfortunate dogs and Lord only knows what other pro bono causes. This person reaches into his own pocket to afford the hosting charges and all that is associated with a web site that has the stature and participation that this one does. Then he gracefully and humbly asks that people not disparage reputable companies that give a great deal of resources back to the community. Along comes some slack jawed nobody with an agenda that figures that this being a free resource and this being a free society that we can just promote a product for reasons known only to the slack jawed.

Personally- I would have called in an air strike on this yo-yo months ago and then have arty bounce the rubble.

Thanks for all that you do and I admire your ability to remain civil and decent.

Steve Elliott
    Here , Here , Long live RTF
    BB
    Sight To Sea Labradors
    Southern Cross at Sight to Sea SH "Crosby" (by NAFC FC AFC Cody Cut a Lean Grade)
    Tealwood's Willing at Sight to Sea JH ( by CH I am Able)
    Briarglen's Running on Faith JH (by FC Fish River's Out of the Park)
    Glendair's Come Home to the Sea ( By Ch Topform's Edward MH, QAA)
    Sight To Sea's Take Aim SH (by Sight to Sea's Southern Comfort SH )Aug 23 2003-Feb 2013 Go get em , Man!

Manager of www.DeCoverlykennels.com

Chris...............Class
    Spin.................not so much
    "Character is doing the right thing when nobody is watching"....J.C. Watts

There's a book called "Pukka's Promise, The Quest for Longer-Lived Dogs" by Ted Kerasote. The author did a lot of serious research about commercial dog foods. Folks might find it interesting.