RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Puppies ears and teething????

2K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  browndoggirls 
#1 ·
Just noticed that my 12 week old pups ears are not folding right it just started and I heard it was because she is teething and when she is done teething it'll go back to normal just wondering what you guys think have any of you had experience with anything like this one ear folds perfect but the other one doesn't make the triangle shape and it hasn't always need like this

8 weeks old in the first pic and 12 weeks in the second

Attachments

See less See more
#8 ·
Relax!!! all is good... two ears... maybe too large... too small... placement... it all works out! We have a girl we wondered about (from a great breeding)... @ 3.5yrs old she has MH plate, beautiful, and will be breeding soon to a guy named Blue! All is PERFECT with the ears... "she has one on each side"! There is so much more to worry about! Go Forth!!!

#4 ·
When Indy was about the same age, 12 or 13 weeks, I noticed the same thing. I was also told the same about "teething". He is now almost 9 and I adore his funny ears. They tend to stick out a little further on each side and just add to the charm of his face. Wouldn't trade 'em for nothing! (the black dog in the avatar)

#7 ·
Some go back to normal after teething, others don't... if you are really worried about it there is a way to tape them that ensures they will look 'normal' as adults.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.