The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BHO want the Marines to wear these new "covers"

Back to the Shako style--Tres Chic!

A little too French or high school marching band for me

The Dan Daily covers are throwbacks to the late 1800's. Nothing new in Marine military fashion.
    “The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.” –Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Franco, it's a waste of time posting facts. When presented with facts, it just makes folks who blame everything on Obama just dig in their heels even harder.

FWIW, those hats that are supposed to look girly are almost exactly like the dress uniform hats that my dad wore when he was a firefighter. If anyone had told him or any of his friends that they looked like girls in their uniforms, it wouldn't have ended well for them. But I guess those firefighters were as RK likes to put it, "just a bunch of union thugs."
    That is absolutely false, not once EVER anywhere Have I ever suggested such a thing.
    But maybe I just wasted my time, after all, you are all about posting facts!!!!

I think Obama would look good in one of those hats while riding his bike wearing mom jeans... Or maybe while throwing an occasional first pitch
    Bill Davis

They aren't 'hats'.

I was surprised as I thought the new cover might be along the design lines of "the hoodie". Regardless of the cover worn, the USMC are the best damn warriors on planet Earth.

Irishwhistler

Anyone who believes that Obama is personally involved in hat design, well, I have a bridge I'd like to sell you...
    he is still flustered over the silent "P" situation I bet
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Franco, it's a waste of time posting facts. When presented with facts, it just makes folks who blame everything on Obama just dig in their heels even harder.

FWIW, those hats that are supposed to look girly are almost exactly like the dress uniform hats that my dad wore when he was a firefighter. If anyone had told him or any of his friends that they looked like girls in their uniforms, it wouldn't have ended well for them. But I guess those firefighters were as RK likes to put it, "just a bunch of union thugs."
    According to Franco's citation, the input of the Marines will help determine changes ... but that article also states that the Corps has no intention of changing the males' covers. Thanks for setting the story straight, Franco.

Yes, the Daly caps do look like the covers used by many fire departments, from what I've seen. Perhaps that was originally a conscious decision NOT to resemble military caps? Often police caps seem more similar in shape to the military ones, but not exactly, so maybe there was a conscious decision at some point to make military and civilian uniforms distinguishable from each other?

I seem appropriate for women to have at least slightly smaller caps that would be proportional to their usually smaller frame and heads. No reason why the guys should have to change theirs. Franco's citation seemed to say that.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    he is still flustered over the silent "P" situation I bet
    Classic!!!!!
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by Goose View Post
    They aren't 'hats'.
    You can say that again...
    Bill Davis