The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lost TT Pro 500 Transmitter

Default Lost TT Pro 500 Transmitter

So I have had my 500 EXP since June and absolutely love(d) it for my now 8 month old blf. On Monday I was out pheasant hunting and going through a lot of thick early season cover and an hour into my hunt reached for the transmitter which was in my TT holster on my hip but it was gone and the strap on the holster was unsnapped. I am sure that some of the brush snagged the strap and it fell out so I have spent the entire week looking but have not been successful. Any recommendations (cheap) on replacing the transmitter only? Thanks for any advice recommended.

Dave

Left mine in a ND duck marsh last week. You can purchase just the transmitter from Tri Tronics. I tried collar clinic, but they did not have any at the time for sale.FYI, it wasn't cheap, but I ordered it on Tuesday and it was delivered on Wednesday.

I also have a Dogtra 1602 that I have been using the rest of the week that I have a wrapped in orange duct tape so when I lose that it show up better in the grass!

I saw the TT price and was hoping there was a cheaper alternative, not easy to spend that kind of money over again 4 months later!

I posted an add for a $100 500 in the other TT thread edit sorry the Garmin Thread
    Last edited by Paul "Happy" Gilmore; 10-25-2013 at 08:06 AM.

I find puppies are useful for recovering lost transmitters, training sticks, etc. They have the desire to hunt and find, but it has not yet been channeled exclusively to birds and dummies. When they find an object with your scent on it they indicate--I'm sure you know the signs. Walk over and your missing item will be there (sometimes they'll even retrieve it to you).

Depending how much area you covered and if you have access, you might try going out there with a youngster. Mine are probably good at this up to around 8 months or thereabouts, sometimes older; I don't know if this depends on my generally low-pressure training (allowing them a lot of initiative) or would be true for most good young dogs.

Amy Dahl

Call TT customer service. They may send you another one for a reduced fee.

Doesn't help your immediate issue but I've gone to a cheaper recon TT from CC for hunting and use the better set-up for training. Fact is I get little use from a collar when hunting anyway.
    We shoot dogs with a Canon

I contacted TT already and they directed me to their website to order a replacement(not discounted).

Thanks for feedback.

Try lcsupply.com They occasionally have TT transmitters only available

Quote Originally Posted by afdahl View Post
    I find puppies are useful for recovering lost transmitters, training sticks, etc. They have the desire to hunt and find, but it has not yet been channeled exclusively to birds and dummies. When they find an object with your scent on it they indicate--I'm sure you know the signs. Walk over and your missing item will be there (sometimes they'll even retrieve it to you).

Depending how much area you covered and if you have access, you might try going out there with a youngster. Mine are probably good at this up to around 8 months or thereabouts, sometimes older; I don't know if this depends on my generally low-pressure training (allowing them a lot of initiative) or would be true for most good young dogs.

Amy Dahl
    HELLO, This ^^^^^^^^ is the answer. I have lost all kinds of things from cell phones to billfolds to transmitters, walkie talkies etc while training or hunting. The best way to find them is to let the dogs find them. I agree with Amy that puppies are the best, but the old dogs will find stuff for you also, if you let them know what they are looking for. Just take a couple of TT transmitters and throw them in the cover where they can see you throw them. Make a BIG deal out of whichever dog finds it. Eventually you don't let them see you throw it. Give them the "hunt it up" or "find it" command and make a big deal out of them when they find it. Do this a few times and then head to the field where you lost it and retrace your steps as best you can. Let the dogs run free and occasionally give them the "find it" or "Dead bird" command and let their wonderful nose do its job.