The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2016 Presidential Campaign Warm-Up

I can't disagree with you, Henlee, on how the R primary could play out. However, I really hope it is NOT Christie who is left standing in the end. I don't think he is as conservative as he appears, and he still seems to believe the Ds will play nice, and that would be very naive of him.

As for Hillary, you could be correct that voters have a short memory ... but the content of her character hasn't changed that I can see, and those injured by her complicity in corruption will not forget. Benghazi and her total lack of concern for what her actions resulted in should never be forgotten. I fully believe she would sacrifice any life that got in her way. And I'm sure Obama would send the IRS to her aid if he can, along with anything Holder and the DOJ can do to help her out.

Of all the things I might disagree with in the policies of Hillary or Obama, the most troubling to me is what they let happen in Benghazi and then could lie about so much with such unflappability, even directly to the families of the victims. They demonstrated to me that they would lie to get what they want. I can't find a way to trust someone that brazen in lying to be a good leader for this country. How can any country's leader trust such a person? Neither allies nor enemies can trust them. Pretty hard to negotiate anything when nobody at all believes you. Our voters may forget, but I doubt that the leaders who have to deal with them will forget so easily.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

I don't think voters have a long memory I guess. I would say the same thing about most politicians. I don't think her past will hurt her more than it already has. She is still polling good and I don't think that will change unless something else comes along. Like or hate her she is a known quantity.

I don't think Christie is a conservative either. I think he has positioned himself well to pull in a lot of moderates. He looks like he will play well with others. I do think the conservatives will knock themselves out at the primaries. They would be best to focus on one guy, but it doesn't look like that is going to be the case. Of all the R's I think he has the best chance of winning the general election, but I really believe most elections are won by the middle of the political spectrum.
    During break time at obedience school, two dogs were talking.
    One said to the other..."The thing I hate about obedience school is you learn ALL this stuff you will never use in the real world."

odd the names not on the list.
    what ever happened to Herman Cain? John McCain? or that Alaska Gov girl, cannot believe I cannot recal her name???
    mental block to tired to google

personaly I would like to see Condoleezza Rice
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Sara Palin didn't run in the last election and made statements that she is better suited to help the GOP in the media than the campaign trail.

Condoleezza would be a compelling candidate. I would not mind seeing her run.
    One said to the other..."The thing I hate about obedience school is you learn ALL this stuff you will never use in the real world."

Krauthamer sees some division among Dems:
    Dr. Krauthammer has observed that ObamaCare is so unpopular that it threatens to tear the Democrat coalition apart. Without Big Labor, for example, Democrats begin losing elections even in otherwise safe races.

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/2013/...#ixzz2itermfwf

ObamaCare, however, has this fundamental difference from those "third rail" entitlement programs: it hurts many Americans from the very beginning. The FDR social welfare nightmares shifted the cost from those living voters to future voters who would, themselves, be hooked on Social Security and Medicare. ObamaCare shifts the burden right from the start among voters alive today.

G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by Henlee View Post
    I don't think voters have a long memory I guess. I would say the same thing about most politicians. I don't think her past will hurt her more than it already has. She is still polling good and I don't think that will change unless something else comes along. Like or hate her she is a known quantity.

I don't think Christie is a conservative either. I think he has positioned himself well to pull in a lot of moderates. He looks like he will play well with others. I do think the conservatives will knock themselves out at the primaries. They would be best to focus on one guy, but it doesn't look like that is going to be the case. Of all the R's I think he has the best chance of winning the general election, but I really believe most elections are won by the middle of the political spectrum.

So you think BHO is "the middle of the political spectrum"?
    Mioaks Southbound Sammy JH
    Leatherwood's Here's Your One Chance Fancy

"Luck is the residue of design"- Branch Rickey

I think the ONLY reason Obama won in 07 was because of the mistrust and disgust for Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld, Rove etc. They dug a pretty deep hole for the Repubs and the public did want change. The Dems could have run George Clinton against McCain/Palin and won.
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

Dr Ben Carson
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    Dr Ben Carson
    It would signal that American voters were placing value on character, for sure. However, I don't think he would fit Henlee's theory of "middle of the spectrum" by a mile.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com

So you think BHO is "the middle of the political spectrum"?

No I wouldn't. I would say that the republican party is pushing farther right, than BHO is pushing left. A huge disparity, but that put him closer to the middle than republicans at large. I can not say that as much now as in the 08 election. But both sides have pretty equal bases and I believe that many elections are decided by middle of the road voters being swayed one way or another. This does not apply to congressional elections that are but rigged for the prevailing party.