The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2016 Presidential Campaign Warm-Up

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    It would signal that American voters were placing value on character, for sure. However, I don't think he would fit Henlee's theory of "middle of the spectrum" by a mile.
    NOpe, he believes in personal responsibility not sucking on the teet of the federal income taxpayer!
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

Quote Originally Posted by Henlee View Post
    So you think BHO is "the middle of the political spectrum"?

No I wouldn't. I would say that the republican party is pushing farther right, than BHO is pushing left. A huge disparity, but that put him closer to the middle than republicans at large. I can not say that as much now as in the 08 election. But both sides have pretty equal bases and I believe that many elections are decided by middle of the road voters being swayed one way or another. This does not apply to congressional elections that are but rigged for the prevailing party.
    BUMMA IS A commie blank blank blank! MOre free stuff, just vote for me.
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

I would love to be a campaign copy writer for the Democrats the next two elections. The Republicans are the Gang That Can't Shoot Straight. The Grand Obstructionist Party sucked in the Tea Party crowd before they found out those folks don't play well with others. Now they are reaping what they sowed. Gonna miss you GOPpers.
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

Quote Originally Posted by zeus3925 View Post
    I would love to be a campaign copy writer for the Democrats the next two elections. The Republicans are the Gang That Can't Shoot Straight. The Grand Obstructionist Party sucked in the Tea Party crowd before they found out those folks don't play well with others. Now they are reaping what they sowed. Gonna miss you GOPpers.
    That would be Obama and Reid...................

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...m-Dr-Kevorkian
    If you're a football coach, do you ask the other team's coach for advice on how to beat his team? I don't know a lot about the technical aspect of football, but as I understand it the coaches watch game films of the opposing team, and then try to figure out where they can counter the other teams strengths and exploit their weaknesses.

So, maybe Rs shouldn't listen too well to how Ds and the MSM (who have pretty much supported the Ds in their agenda) tell them the way to win elections? Cruz puts it more bluntly:
    He said that Republicans taking advice of the mainstream media is a "little bit like taking healthcare advice from Dr. Kevorkian."
    They have said Republicans need to moderate to win elections, and Cruz obliterated that strategy as one that has cost Republicans election after election and was antithetical to how Ronald Reagan ran his campaigns.

"You guys pushing for a stand on Obamacare--that’s risky. No, no, no, no... Just keep your heads down and we’ll win races,” Cruz said of what GOP consultants are advising candidates before the 2014 elections.

He then emphatically declared, "That's not how you win races."
    After saying it would be a "good start" to dump all of the establishment Washington strategists into the ocean, Cruz pointed out that the "least bad alternative" approach to elections cost Republicans in 2006, 2008, and 2012.

"Shock about shocks, we got our clocks cleaned," Cruz said of the "keeping you head down" strategy favored by the Republican elite.
    He said Reagan never said, “I am almost exactly like Jimmy Carter! Except I'm imperceptibly teeny-weeny more conservative..."

He reminded the audience that Reagan said:
    President Carter and I have a different visions of this country and our future. If you believe in freedom, in standing on your own feet, if you believe that government is not the solution, government is the problem, then stand with me and that is how we saw an epic transformation.

And he emphasized that the "biggest lie in all of politics is that Republicans are the party of the rich" and urged Republicans to make the case to Hispanics and African Americans about how the free market is the best way for economic mobility and how terribly the Obama administration's policies--like Obamacare--have disproportionately hurt poor Americans.
    When you stop to think about it, aren't the Ds and the MSM encouraging Rs to do the same things that have kept them losing elections? Do we really believe that those entities want to help Rs win? I think they just want them to "cooperate" ... so that the Ds can then repeat the mantra, "we will not negotiate" and the Rs will fall into line.

Romney had a hard time in 2012 because his MA health care program wasn't much different from O-care, and the Ds used that effectively against him. I think Romney had character and would have made a good POTUS, but playing nice guy with people who can lie without blinking an eye, simply doesn't work.

I don't think that the opposition should lower themselves to lying, but they shouldn't allow lying & corruption to go unchallenged.

We may remember that Reagan lost the battle when he supported Goldwater. He lost again in his own first attempt at the R nomination. In the end, though, he won the war. I never thought Reagan was the most brilliant POTUS, and he certainly made mistakes during his presidency ... but in the end, history acknowledged that he made a difference in many positive ways. Not every foreign leader may have "liked" him, but he earned their respect.

Cruz is NOT Reagan ... but I think that Reagan might have liked him. If Cruz perseveres through the battles he may lose (we can say he lost the battle in the CR and debt ceiling), Reagan could relate to that. The positive faith in the grass roots of the American people is something one also heard from Reagan.

G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Rand Paul is also another with character, intelligence, and good ideas.
    http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...-but-congress/
    I have introduced a constitutional amendment stating: “Congress shall make no law applicable to a citizen of the United States that is not equally applicable to Congress.” This amendment also contains two provisions that apply that same principle to the executive branch and judicial branch of the federal government.

G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.