The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Need a vet while hunting in North Dakota?

Default Need a vet while hunting in North Dakota?

This last Thursday my son and I were Pheasant hunting 25 miles southwest of Harvey his young Tiger pup (20months and turning into a very nice dog he is a Pheasant hunting machine) started passing a very loose and bloody stool the second one was pretty much all blood (I've tracked rifle shot deer that bled less) We left the field an made a high speed run to Harvey found the clinic and went in. The vet examined him right away took his vitals temp was a little high but He said everything else was fine and not serious. Could be caused by stress or drinking slough water. Gave him a antibiotic injection, 10 500mg amoxicillin caps advised resting him and we were back in the field with my two dogs in 1hr 10min The cost at the clinic was $39.15. The next morning his stool was back to normal. If you are anywhere near Harvey I highly recommend the Sheridan Animal Hosp. They also have a clinic in McClusky The hour and 10 was from the time we put him in the truck and left till the time we were hunting again
    Last edited by TDMITCH; 10-26-2013 at 11:38 AM.

You musta been near Denhoff. Nice area and the Vets know how to take care of business. Thanks for the reference I will be sure to make note of that the next time I am in Sheridan CO.
    John C aka jacduck

Do you really want to increase entries at the Junior Hunt Test level? Simply put a limit on entries and everyone will flock to JR and fight over how to get in and what to change to make it fair for all !!!!!

"Duck hunter's minds are like concrete. All mixed up and permanently set."