The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sebelius

Default Sebelius

Does this lady realize how this sounds?
    During a visit to a community health center in Austin, Sebelius conceded that there wasn't enough testing done on the website, but added that her department had little flexibility to postpone the launch against the backdrop of Washington's unforgiving politics.

"In an ideal world there would have been a lot more testing, but we did not have the luxury of that. And the law said the go-time was Oct. 1," she said. "And frankly, a political atmosphere where the majority party, at least in the House, was determined to stop this anyway they possibly could ... was not an ideal atmosphere."
    If Obama could delay the business mandate, why could he not have delayed the roll-out that they knew was not ready? Sebelius could have asked him to delay.

The Rs tried to make that happen, but Obama's refusal to negotiate made him intransigent in accepting any concession to the Rs, like a delay of one year. It turns out the Rs were more right than wrong on this, but she blames them for Obama's stubbornness.

Restless Democrats who are running for re-election next year are starting to join Republicans in calling for a delay of the law's individual mandate. They, like Republicans, argue it's unfair to force Americans to buy insurance when the main system to help them is not yet fully operational.
    They voted against it, but they are now for it. Why do I suspect that after they would be re-elected, they would again vote the party line regardless of what they believed was right for their constituents?
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Sebelius is a scary woman in US politics, I hope this is the end of her political career
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    Sebelius is a scary woman in US politics, I hope this is the end of her political career
    Very close to Bob Dole, one of those centrist R's many are fond of quoting on this forum.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    Very close to Bob Dole, one of those centrist R's many are fond of quoting on this forum.
    I thought she was a Dem when she was Gov. I do know her stance on abortion and her accepting campaign donations from the butcher Tiller , and all the while claiming she was a devout Catholic

Bob Dole nice guy but I blame him for taking the R party to the RINO center along with McCain
    Last edited by BonMallari; 10-26-2013 at 04:36 PM.

A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

I think people like this are the essence of the problem in politics. She should be sent to prison and sentenced to hard labor for the rest of her life
    Mioaks Southbound Sammy JH
    Leatherwood's Here's Your One Chance Fancy

"Luck is the residue of design"- Branch Rickey

Bob Dole nice guy but I blame him for taking the R party to the RINO center along with McCain

I think these guys were the republican party before the tea party came along. I grew up under Reagan and I don't know that even he could get reelected by todays republicans.
    During break time at obedience school, two dogs were talking.
    One said to the other..."The thing I hate about obedience school is you learn ALL this stuff you will never use in the real world."

I feel that he may have ordered a delay if it had not have happened in the middle of the shutdown. There most likely was pressure to get the law rolling, before it was destroyed. In the long run it is better (for Obama) to fix these problems now then protract the fight.
    One said to the other..."The thing I hate about obedience school is you learn ALL this stuff you will never use in the real world."

Quote Originally Posted by Henlee View Post

I think these guys were the republican party before the tea party came along. I grew up under Reagan and I don't know that even he could get reelected by todays republicans.
    SERIOUSLY ?

For all of RR faults, Do You Think he would have let Putin make him his bitch ? would he have allowed Achmajinedad to make the threats he has made to Israel without some consequences...Reagan was a leader...all the R wannabees try and wrap themselves in the cloak of RR but few if any could hold his jockstrap..The country needs a Ronald Reagan...heck the world needs a RR

Quote Originally Posted by Henlee View Post
    I feel that he may have ordered a delay if it had not have happened in the middle of the shutdown. There most likely was pressure to get the law rolling, before it was destroyed. In the long run it is better (for Obama) to fix these problems now then protract the fight.
    Obama got played like a cheap drum!!!

Cruz pushed, Obama dug his heels in due to his hubris, result=Obama care is a bigger disaster than even I thought it would be!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

For all of RR faults, Do You Think he would have let Putin make him his bitch ? would he have allowed Achmajinedad to make the threats he has made to Israel without some consequences...Reagan was a leader...all the R wannabees try and wrap themselves in the cloak of RR but few if any could hold his jockstrap..The country needs a Ronald Reagan...heck the world needs a RR

I think Reagan negotiated and made compromises with the democrats. He even accepted their help and backed some of their ideas. I do not think that would fly in todays political spectrum. I think without his name he would be tossed out of power by his own party. I got nothing but love and respect for Reagan, but that doesn't mean he didn't lead in a different time and place than where we are now.