The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Any concrete finishers on here.....

Question Any concrete finishers on here.....

There's a new house under construction next to me and my idiot dog just jumped in the middle of there freshly poured concrete they poured earlier today. I called the contractor to let him know so he could fix it while it was still wet but he said we would look at it tomorrow. I was curious if anybody knew how big of a deal and how costly this was gonna be to fix?

sometimes they can just float some new concrete on top and you will never know other times it all has to come up and start over depends on what it is for. and how big jerk the owner is.
    I have never understood why you can have the best trained dogs in the world, but when you put two dogs together the act like they have a half a brain between the both of them.

Rkk's Lady Of the Lake

oh yeah and if you want to save yourself and make it look like the concrete was bad just pour sugar on it and then none of it will harden
    I have never understood why you can have the best trained dogs in the world, but when you put two dogs together the act like they have a half a brain between the both of them.

Rkk's Lady Of the Lake

He can "wake it up" in the am. Done it a few times. I wouldn't have left it until it was at least dry enough to walk on. Must not be a broom finish like a driveway or they would have stayed until it was broomed and then a dog would not hurt it. There is something about dogs and concrete they seem attracted to it. As for cost I wouldn't worry to much if you called them and they left it until next day. Stuff happens and you did your part after it happened by letting them know.

Thanks for the responses, hopefully it won't be too much of a deal to fix ....

Ive had worse, but if the dog tracks are covered with flooring no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad View Post
    Ive had worse, but if the dog tracks are covered with flooring no problem.
    It won't be covered. It is a slab they poured for a back patio

Talk to concrete guy. Sooner the better!!!!!!!.
    Sometimes you can finish it out with portland cement..
    Other options may be Tile or a a over lay,stone
    Last edited by Brad; 10-26-2013 at 09:39 PM.

If is broom finished don't worry about it. The finish is put on just before it sets. To wet and the finish is to deep. Done right it is hard enough towalk on and just leave a light mark.