The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Harry Reid

Default Harry Reid

This man is really beginning to annoy me.

"You keep talking about Medicare and Social Security," Reid said on Thursday, cutting off a Nevada Public Radio host. "Get something else in your brain. Stop talking about that. ... There is not going to be a grand bargain."

He also said Republicans would have to agree on tax-revenue increases for Congress to achieve a large-scale agreement, but they instead have their mind set on "nothing more on revenue."

"And until they get off that kick, there's not going to be a grand bargain," Reid said. "There's not going to be a small bargain. The only people who feel there shouldn't be more [tax money] coming in to the federal government from the rich people are the Republicans in the Congress. Everybody else, including the rich people, is willing to pay more. They want to pay more."
    If he is so convinced that everyone just can't wait to send more $ to the Fed govt, how come he is so set on insulating Congress & its staff from giving up their generous health insurance subsidy? Does he not realize that everybody else is sucking it up?

Has ANYone EVER wanted to pay MORE taxes? And in view of the waste and fraud that comes out daily, I'd think most people want to withhold all they can from the govt to squander for their luxury trips, etc.

Talk about out of touch.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

I will NEVER I repeat NEVER forgive the TEA Party for losing the Nevada Senate Election...we had two other candidates that had Harry beat in the polls, and the TEA Party gets the asinine Idea to run an unqualified nut job from the extreme right thinking that they could swamp Reid at the ballot box when all they needed was a small win...Angle won the primary with 34% of the vote and got drilled in the general election
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

I'm hoping that the Tea Party will become more politically savvy ... there should be enough fiscal conservatives if the look for them.

There can certainly be some truth to the fact that some upstanding individuals who could serve us well in DC are intimidated by what people like Reid and Obama will do to discredit opponents, even if it means lying to do so.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

I'm hoping that the Tea Party will become more politically savvy ... there should be enough fiscal conservatives if the look for them.

When the tea party becomes politically savvy they will have lost their advantage. I hope so to, but they will not be the same force without their destructive quality.
    Ole and Sven are quietly sitting in a boat fishing, chewing and drinking beer when suddenly Sven says, 'I think I'm gonna divorce my wife - she ain't spoke to me in over 2 months.' Ole sips his beer and says, 'Better think it over...women like that are hard to find.'