The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Do dogs go to heaven? GDG

Default Do dogs go to heaven? GDG

There are on this site a lot of touching tributes to our good friends who have left us, the ones who have loved us unconditionally. I remember when I was little and my dog passed away, (her name was Sandy and I think I was 5 years old or so) and I asked my Sunday School teacher if my dog was in heaven. She was, uh, noncommittal on that and I don't think it was part of our lesson that week.

Since then, I've thought a lot about it. I've said good bye to a lot of dogs. I still don't have an answer, only I know that if heaven is a perfect place, there have to be a lot of beloved dogs there. (You know how they're hanging out at the door when they hear your truck pull in to the drive... yeah, I think heaven's gate must be something like that.) I've also thought that one of the worst aspects of the Fall in the Garden was that we were cursed to outlive our dogs.

And am I foolish for wondering...

Don't know the answer yet either, however I know I would like to be where ever they are.
    "The longer you let a dog go in the wrong direction the more they think they are going in the right direction" Don Remien.

I truly believe that dogs go to heaven. If they don't, I don't want to be there. But think about it a moment. When a dog passes, is there any difference in the process than when a human passes? I have watched both lose the essence that is called life. If we make that journey, I think their spirits do also.
    Katherine Taylor-Green AKA Honey and Grandma!

Obviously nobody knows. I happen to doubt it seriously. Mankind is made in God's image. Obviously that doesn't refer to our physical being so what does it refer to? I think it refers to having a soul, being an eternal being. I think humans are the only "animals" with an eternal soul. I think all other animals just cease to be when they die. I would love to be wrong.

Billy Graham has been quoted as saying that if you need your dogs to be in heaven with you in order to be fully happy there (not his exact words and assuming YOU are going to heaven) then he believes they will be there. He doesn't KNOW either IMO, but who am I to question Billy Graham?
    ---------------------------------------------
    HRCH "Boomer" MH
    UH HR "Hunter" SH (RIP)

"When you go to a test or a trial, your dog should be underwhelmed." ~ Evan Graham

"It is unreasonable to expect a dog to be more precise than you are." ~ Rex Carr

"You own what you condone." ~ Mike Lardy

since the word "heaven "" came up ,
    There is a book called the bible or "word of God" Inside is very precise information regarding heaven and how to get there and what gets to go
    God has indeed given us most of the important answers to life . This one is in there too.
    Pete
    John 5 :30
    I can of my own self do nothing ,as I hear , I judge,,and my judgement is just, because I seek not my own will,,but the will of the father which hath sent me
    John 7:16 -- Jesus answered them and said my doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me.
    mark 16:9 -- So then after the lord had spoken unto them,he was received up in heaven, and sat on the right hand of God
    I Tim. 2:5 --For there is one God and one mediator between God and man ,, the man Christ Jesus

Obviously nobody knows. I happen to doubt it seriously. Mankind is made in God's image. Obviously that doesn't refer to our physical being so what does it refer to? I think it refers to having a soul, being an eternal being. I think humans are the only "animals" with an eternal soul. I think all other animals just cease to be when they die. I would love to be wrong.
    The image of God is spirit. John 4 24 And God created us in his own image. Genesis and other places So spirit is the part he created. He formed the body. And blew into his nostrils the breath of life and man BECAME a living soul. genesis 2
    Isaiah 43 :7 Every one who is called by my name ,I have created him for my glory ,I have formed him , yea, I have made him. Those who are called by his name are a 3 part being. Body, soul, and spirit.

There actualy is a ton of info on it, So it can be known by whosoever want to know it.
    Pete
    Last edited by Pete; 10-27-2013 at 06:52 AM.
    John 5 :30
    I can of my own self do nothing ,as I hear , I judge,,and my judgement is just, because I seek not my own will,,but the will of the father which hath sent me
    John 7:16 -- Jesus answered them and said my doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me.
    mark 16:9 -- So then after the lord had spoken unto them,he was received up in heaven, and sat on the right hand of God
    I Tim. 2:5 --For there is one God and one mediator between God and man ,, the man Christ Jesus

This is an interesting and refreshing subject in the midst of a world with such radical religious beliefs. I hope my dogs are in heaven. It is a pleasant thought.
    HRCH UR01 CH UNJ WHISKEY CREEK'S DUKE CHASCERI MH
    Cherokee Foothills HRC

Dog spelled backwards ........ Do you really think HE would have these perfect creatures go anywhere else?

My Gavel is up there with Grandma and Grandpa, Patience, his half brother Justice and the cat Luckie, playing with tons of tennis balls, retrieving birds, and eating sammichs!
    Susan

FC Tribute to Justice, JH "Honor"
    FC AFC Contempt of Court "Ruckus"
    Medal Of Honor, QAA "Valor"
    HRCH Kirby's High Sierra, SH, QAA "Kirby"
    HRCH Niki Snowbird, SH, QAA "Niki"
    Southland Order In the Court, QAA "Gavel" July 17, 2002- March 24, 2013
    Southland Rusty Nail - derby points, qual placements "Rusty"
    www.justiceretrievers.com

I HIGHLY suggest you read a book called "Heaven is for real" by Todd Burpo
    Tim Doane , Kingseed Kennels
    GRHRCH UH Hunters Marsh King Elijah MNH QAA "Ely"
    GRHRCH Kingseeds Little Miss Dangerous MNH QAA " Stella "
    HRCH Kingseeds Queen Of Grace MH " Hannah "
    Kingseeds She's A Classic " Layla "
    www.kingseedkennels.com

Where else would they be going? They are certainly not going to hell.