The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do dogs go to heaven? GDG

in order to believe in heaven, you need to believe in hell.
    since time early the hounds of hell have been known in one form or another.
    if hell gets to have hounds heaven gets to have retrievers.
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Agreed. My crew is heaved bound. Even Rowdy
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    in order to believe in heaven, you need to believe in hell.
    since time early the hounds of hell have been known in one form or another.
    if hell gets to have hounds heaven gets to have retrievers.

I received this in an email quite a while ago. I like to think it will be like this one day. It's what gets me through the tough times when I lose them...I certainly hope I get to spend eternity with them
    http://www.petloss.com/poems/maingrp/dogshevn.htm
    God bless!- Jamee

When you stop having fun, it's time to quit!!
    "If your dog doesn't like someone you probably shouldn't either"- Author unknown

My team:
    HR Dr. J's RxRated High Caliber JH "Kali"
    White Oak's Change of Plans "Bodee"
    #1 cheerleader: SJ's Gotta-Lot-A Go Lil "Jake"

Gone but never forgotten:
    HR Stevie-Joe's Super "Star"- my heart dog, I love you baby
    October 24, 2001-January 6, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by freezeland View Post
    This is what the catechism of the catholic church teaches. However it is one of the things I disagree with the church on. Why wouldn't there be evil dogs in hell like there are evil people? And Visa versa there are good souls in purgatory being cleansed to enter heaven, so why wouldn't dogs with good souls be included. Besides their many personality traits my dogs also dream in their sleep, how can they do that and not have a soul?
    FYI, I'm not Catholic AND I believe the Catholics will be wherever the dogs are.

Lonnie
    DISCLAIMER: The above post is the opinionated and biased view of your's truly, Lonnie Spann, and is in no way intended to reflect the opinions or views of the unfortunate individuals named below who just happen to be doomed with guilt by association.

Member of CAHRC and North AL HRC. I train with AND AM FRIENDS WITH: Fishduck, Laidback, Splash_Em, RF2, Drake2014, Claimsadj, Hooked on Quackers, RookieTrainer and Roseberry.

HRCH Spann's Quacker Jack "Jack" 500 Pt. Club (New & IMPROVED jacket).

All I know is my dogs are more likely to go to heaven than I am, they are more deserving in my opinion. All I can hope is to live a good enough life to earn the right to meet them there some day...
    "You can't eat a pig whole, but you can eat a whole pig." - Joe S.

Proudly Owned By:
    MHR HR Flash Of Mischief SH CD CGC - Flash (10/15/98 - 10/8/12)
    Lightning Fast Quack Attacker*** - Bullet
    Gotta Heart Of A Warrior - Ranger (12/26/07 - 8/10/2010)
    SML's Gettin' Sexy With It*** - Tango
    FOM's Raising a Ruckus in the Rockies - Riot

Sure seems like you're taking a cheap shot at Catholics there, Lonnie! If I'm wrong then my apologizes, if not then why don't you explain. I mean since I am Catholic and really interested in your point. I'm not sure if dogs get to go to heaven but I hope that they do. I would really like to see my old dog Lady again. If dogs really do get to go to heaven will there really be flyers and birds for retrievers????? Sounds like hell for the birds!! Just wondering.

Remember, they can't go unless they have been Baptized. And, did they have any mortal sins or did they go to Confession prior to passing? If not, they may be on their way to Hades.
    It's time we abandon our party affiliations and rather than being good Dems or good Repubs we all become good Americans. MJH345

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Remember, they can't go unless they have been Baptized. And, did they have any mortal sins or did they go to Confession prior to passing? If not, they may be on their way to Hades.
    Not true. If that were the case only catholics would go to heaven. I'm catholic, and try to live my live so I can get there, but I know if I'm successful in doing so there will also be non catholics there too, and I hope our dogs.

I believe dogs are a reflection of how we each are as human beings. All I know is I want to be where they are.

If dogs have no soul, then how do the live? As, the soul is what gives life.
    The foundation to a great retriever is obedience.
    Firestorms Full Throttle Chevy aka Callie-Roo 7/5/2007 - 10/25/2013 I miss you every day
    Proud owner of Kona's Surfer Girl, aka Loki.

Dogs are in heaven, and I am about as theologically conservative as you can get. People are fallen, animals are not. Jesus died to save people because theynwere the only ones needing saving because they have fallen.Will my dog be in heaven, I say most likely. When you talk about heaven you have to mention the new earth where all of creation is cleaned up and perfected. There will be dogs, dog trainers, get togethers to work our dogs, but no e-collars... .