The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 64 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Climate change PROVED to be 'nothing but a lie', claims top meteorologist

Default Climate change PROVED to be 'nothing but a lie', claims top meteorologist

I know you all hate to see "ANOTHER" Climate Change Post, but this is just to good not to share....!
    By: Jason Taylor, Published: October 23, 2014
    http://www.express.co.uk/news/nature...hannel-founder

John Coleman, who co-founded the Weather Channel, shocked academics by insisting the theory of man-made climate change was no longer scientifically credible. Instead, what 'little evidence' there is for rising global temperatures points to a 'natural phenomenon' within a developing eco-system.
    In an open letter attacking the Intergovermental Panel of Climate Change, he wrote: “The ocean is not rising significantly.”

“The polar ice is increasing, not melting away. Polar Bears are increasing in number.”

“Heat waves have actually diminished, not increased. There is not an uptick in the number or strength of storms (in fact storms are diminishing).

“I have studied this topic seriously for years. It has become a political and environment agenda item, but eh science is not valid.”

Mr. Coleman said he based many of his views on the findings of the NIPCC, a non-governmental international body of scientists, aimed at offering and 'independent second opinion of the evidence reviewed by the IPCC.' He added, “There is no significant man-made dlobal warming at this time, there has been none in the past and there is no reason to fear any in the future. Efforts to prove the theory that carbon dioxide is a significant greenhouse gas and pollutant causing significant warming or weather effects have failed....

Maybe all the efforts to eliminate excessive carbon emissions has a great reversal effect on our weather?

The amount of data on this subject and the limited amount of time of the Industrial revolution VS the entire time our Earth has existed makes for bad science on both sides.

No matter who is right it is never a bad thing to want clean air and water.
    “I like one-shot kills where possible and prefer to do all my hunting before I shoot.” ..... Elmer Keith

I'll echo that, Magnum!!
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

Then we should stop spending 100s of Billions of dollars a year on this phony research and put that money in to clean air and rivers instead of chasing a boogey man.

Quote Originally Posted by .44 magnum View Post
    No matter who is right it is never a bad thing to want clean air and water.

no matter who is right, it is never a bad thing to want 99 cents a gallon diesel fuel and a $60 utility bill.
    john mccallie

While John Coleman was a long serving weatherman on the morning news. His degree is in Journalism. If you go to look for his paper where he makes these claims, you will not find one, because he has not conducted research on his own. If you listen to actual climate scientists who are working in the field you will find near unanimous agreement to one degree or another that climate change is happening and will have serious real world repercussions.
    Ole and Sven are quietly sitting in a boat fishing, chewing and drinking beer when suddenly Sven says, 'I think I'm gonna divorce my wife - she ain't spoke to me in over 2 months.' Ole sips his beer and says, 'Better think it over...women like that are hard to find.'

Quote Originally Posted by Henlee View Post
    While John Coleman was a long serving weatherman on the morning news. His degree is in Journalism. If you go to look for his paper where he makes these claims, you will not find one, because he has not conducted research on his own. If you listen to actual climate scientists who are working in the field you will find near unanimous agreement to one degree or another that climate change is happening and will have serious real world repercussions.
    I also know that Steve Jobs (deceased) and Bill Gates don't know anything about computers because they were college dropouts. Just a rumor.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Storts View Post
    I also know that Steve Jobs (deceased) and Bill Gates don't know anything about computers because they were college dropouts. Just a rumor.
    If one cannot discredit the message, one discredits the messenger.

Page 22 of the liberal playbook!
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Storts View Post
    OK, Are you suggesting that John Coleman was some sort of super genius guru like Steve Jobs and Bill Gates? I would have given him more credit had he done research on the subject, but that didn't happen either. So I guess I am not going to be swayed by someone who is not specialized in the field or even did research on the subject he is speaking of.
    Ole and Sven are quietly sitting in a boat fishing, chewing and drinking beer when suddenly Sven says, 'I think I'm gonna divorce my wife - she ain't spoke to me in over 2 months.' Ole sips his beer and says, 'Better think it over...women like that are hard to find.'

http://work.chron.com/climatologist-...ist-16462.html

Was working at a different angle, but this explains another reason why he might not be the best person to base your entire decision on.