The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dark Money

Default Dark Money

How do you guys feel about money where the donors are not identified. I absolutely feel that it should not be allowed at all. Every cent should be tracked to the source.
    Ole and Sven are quietly sitting in a boat fishing, chewing and drinking beer when suddenly Sven says, 'I think I'm gonna divorce my wife - she ain't spoke to me in over 2 months.' Ole sips his beer and says, 'Better think it over...women like that are hard to find.'

agree!!!!!

big, bad, overly wealthy, influence peddling, indidviduals, corporations and their lobby partners should all be tracked. this should lead to them being identified and eliminated from the political process!

on the other hand, small, bad, underly wealthy, influence peddling individuals, corporations and their lobby partners should be tracked. this should lead to anyone receiving government benefits/money of any type within the last year from voting!

LET'S GET MONEY OUT OF POLITICS!!!!!! ALL MONEY!!!!!!!
    john mccallie

so how about all the foreign money you gal Hillary has gotten from foreign govt and interests? Just because you know where it came from doesn't make it clean
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Maybe they should wear jackets with all their sponsor logos like NASCAR. That would be cool.
    Matt McKenzie

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it." Henry Ford

Quote Originally Posted by Henlee View Post
    How do you guys feel about money where the donors are not identified. I absolutely feel that it should not be allowed at all. Every cent should be tracked to the source.
    Surely you aren't talking about charitable contributions! Hopefully I am correct. Hopefully that is.

You might not like the result but that would fine with me. I'd really like to know how much union
    money is misspent on behalf of unwilling folks. Also believe that the instant a donation is made it
    should be publicly recorded.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Donated to what?
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

Senior Member Down East Labs 217's Avatar

Any money donated to a political party should be public record of who donated it and the amount. There should be no secret donations. If a PAC is donating money each donor inside the PAC should be identified and the amount each donor made. If money can not be tracked it should be mandatory that it be turned over to a charity.
    Richard Reese

Chesty Puller's Cocoa SH
    CC's Bublin Shasta SH
    RWR"s BackDraft Blaze "Smoky" MH
    RWR's Hot Chocolate Devil Dog "Damien" MH
    RWR's Hot Chocolate Mocha Java "Java" MH
    Creamlevels Amber Waves of Grain "Brandy" MH
    CCR's Black Rose "Rosie" MH
    Lexis Cocoa Mocha Luka "Mocha" MH

Quote Originally Posted by Down East Labs 217 View Post
    Any money donated to a political party should be public record of who donated it and the amount. There should be no secret donations. If a PAC is donating money each donor inside the PAC should be identified and the amount each donor made. If money can not be tracked it should be mandatory that it be turned over to a charity.
    I sorta like most of this plan Richie
    Happy 4th

I heard a guy on the local radio station a while back talking about this issue. Now I don't always agree with him, but he usually has his facts right. He said that in the early days they had to list who gave what and it led to "pay to play" politics and contracts. They then enacted the anonymous donations so that you could donate to who you wanted without repercussions. If you believe either the right and especially the left wouldn't use this info against someone I've got a bridge to sell you. This has already happened recently. Because of this I think it should remain anonymous, but this doesn't mean I don't think there shouldn't be some tweaks made.
    Joe Dickerson

R.I.P. 4xGMPR HRCH Hunters Marsh Jack Daniels Bubba Jazz MH
    Call Name: JD