The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The next great plague

Default The next great plague

So is it this Ebola outbreak? I think so. It's going to spread like wildfire in the coming weeks/months. Really hope I'm wrong, but fear I'm not. Good luck to all of us.

Everyones fear, except the CDC and the Obama crew. The CDC is coming off just like the VA ...incompetent.

As the population world wide has kept growing, and with Plane travel, any new disease has the potential of thinning the herd.
    I like one-shot kills where possible and prefer to do all my hunting before I shoot. ..... Elmer Keith

all the ebola cases have done is take the Mid Term elections off the front page and lead topics on the news cast...Just like the Hurricane did in 2012...it changes the narrative and discussion
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

A total of two people have had Ebola in this country and you want to call it an epidemic? I don't want to downplay the risk, but you might be jumping the gun a little bit.
    Ole and Sven are quietly sitting in a boat fishing, chewing and drinking beer when suddenly Sven says, 'I think I'm gonna divorce my wife - she ain't spoke to me in over 2 months.' Ole sips his beer and says, 'Better think it over...women like that are hard to find.'

I guess you could make the argument that the total number of confirmed cases have doubled in just the last week.
    Ole and Sven are quietly sitting in a boat fishing, chewing and drinking beer when suddenly Sven says, 'I think I'm gonna divorce my wife - she ain't spoke to me in over 2 months.' Ole sips his beer and says, 'Better think it over...women like that are hard to find.'

Quote Originally Posted by Henlee View Post
    A total of two people have had Ebola in this country and you want to call it an epidemic? I don't want to downplay the risk, but you might be jumping the gun a little bit.
    It's called the , "Chicken Little Syndrome". Their hair is on fire and the sky is falling. I don't know how some people go on. Every thing is doom and gloom. they only focus on the negatives. I can only hope that people try to be positive rather than negative when training their dogs.
    James Durfee BBQ pitmaster.

Quote Originally Posted by Henlee View Post
    I guess you could make the argument that the total number of confirmed cases have doubled in just the last week.
    A couple more cases and it will be covered 24/7 because then the govt. goes into desensitization mode. The more exposure to a topic makes a person more comfortable and accepting of a topic, issue or situation.

Senior Member Lesa Cozens Dauphin's Avatar

We now have case #3 in Dallas and she was also on a plane with 132 others. So is it the next great plague, I don't know. I do know they need to get a handle on all of the procedures and protocols.

lesa c
    Ramblin Maxx Retrievers

Quote Originally Posted by shinyhead View Post
    It's called the , "Chicken Little Syndrome". Their hair is on fire and the sky is falling. I don't know how some people go on. Every thing is doom and gloom. they only focus on the negatives. I can only hope that people try to be positive rather than negative when training their dogs.
    Right Shine. It's all Chicken Little. We'll see. Like I said, I want to be wrong about this thing. Besides, now we have Obamacare we have nothing to worry about if we get sick. We'll all be covered now, if we want to or not.

Do me a favor please, leave my dogs out of it. And as Lesa just reported, case #3 in Dallas..........

Chicken little or not this is serious. Maybe not an epidemic today but it doesn't sound like it might take too much to be one. I cannot say whether or not what is being said about the Dallas hospital or others is true but we do know there are some issues with the protocol in Dallas with another health care worker being infected. I think I read something like 47 healthcare workers were involved in treating the original patient so could there be more cases?

http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/15/health...html?hpt=hp_t1

From the article
    "The protocols that should have been in place in Dallas were not in place, and that those protocols are not in place anywhere in the United States as far as we can tell," National Nurses United Executive Director RoseAnn DeMoro said Tuesday night. "We're deeply alarmed."
    Hebrews 11:3 By faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that the things which are seen were not made of things which are visible.

What if all we have today is what we gave thanks for yesterday?

Let the views of others educate and inform you, but let your decisions be a product of your own conclusions. (Jim Rohn)