The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Wildear
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Affordable Care Act - What Happens Next

Default Affordable Care Act - What Happens Next

Hebrews 11:3 By faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that the things which are seen were not made of things which are visible.

What if all we have today is what we gave thanks for yesterday?

Let the views of others educate and inform you, but let your decisions be a product of your own conclusions. (Jim Rohn)

What they really wanted all along. Single Payor System. Probably administered regionally by UHC, BCBS and/or Aetna. Bend over and say aah.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post
    What they really wanted all along. Single Payor System. Probably administered regionally by UHC, BCBS and/or Aetna. Bend over and say aah.
    X10, it's the Alinski syndrome aimed at Healthcare. JugEars knew this would fail and those cheering for single payer were just cheerleading so he could have cover to "FIX" the broken system.
    The death spiral will be complete with 2017 renewals
    "I've had it all. I've done it all. I've seen it all." Rick James

Just received this email from CMS and find it quiet humorous that they are begging those they screwed to go out and prospect for people to actually help them meet their goals.

New Data on the Uninsured, by Consumer Market

Did you know?
    According to the latest data on the uninsured, by city/metropolitan area, (http://aspe.hhs.gov/sites/default/files/aspe-files/136296/dma-qhp-eligible-uninsured-data_1.xlsx), as of November 2015, approximately 7.5 million potential consumers who are eligible to enroll in the Health Insurance Marketplace have not done so and remain uninsured. These potential consumers may be in the market(s) you serve. Perhaps it is time you consider reaching out to help them and sign them up for Marketplace coverage. If you need assistance on identifying the best ways to reach and engage uninsured consumers eligible for Marketplace coverage, make sure to check out the following resources:

For questions about agent or broker participation in the Health Insurance Marketplace, email: FFMProducer-AssisterHelpDesk@cms.hhs.gov
    For questions about the Marketplace Agent/Broker Training and Registration system, email: MLMSHelpDesk@CMS.HHS.gov
    For questions when working with consumers applying and enrolling in coverage, call: 1-800-318-2596 (TTY: 1-855-889-4325) available 7 days a week, 24 hours a day

It's a friggin joke. ACA plans are droping like flies or being non renewed. Some plans are being forced to move to HMO plans with lower benefits, lousy networks and even higher rates. I don't know what pisses me off the most. The idiots in DC that passed this crap or the MSM for refusing to report the truth.
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Reid said back at the beginning, in response to criticism of Obamacare, that of course, this was only the beginning with the ultimate goal of single payer system. It was ignored by everyone.

Actually, it would appear that things could still go back to the way they were, and simply make a provision for those with the pre-existing conditions ... which is what should have been done in the first place. Once we could find a way to solve that problem, we could have moved onto finding better solutions for Medicaid (though we could have been also working on getting rid of the fraud and waste in Medicaid and Medicare while proceeding with the solution to the pre-existing conditions issue).

When birth control is so readily & inexpensively (sometimes free) available, it is not something that needs to be "insured". More complicated gyno problems could certainly be covered. So much stuff like that made "mandatory". And I never could understand why someone could/should be taxed if they can, and are willing, to pay themselves for a luxury health insurance. Might be able to make a case for corporations being limited in deducting spending for such plans if they do not provide them for ALL employees. Also, I be convinced that such health benefits being taxable income for the employee when paid for by an employer ... as those benefits truly are significant "compensation".
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

My largest group (oilfield related) just went under the magical number and I don't see them adding jobs when their industry comes back. Now there are 32 more people out there without healthcare and jobs. Pre UCA 30-45 mill uninsured, post UCA 30-35 mill uninsured and growing every day. The UCA was a solution looking for a problem.

I retired early this last May..We did as much research and careful consideration as we could, before I made this move. We looked into the ACA,,and compared the costs to private insurance...

The ACA was a bit less expensive as far as MONTHLY premiums go,, BUT, the out of pocket, before any coverage would start,,actually made it MORE expensive than my Private insurance choice when I added in prescripts that the ACA would not cover also..

3 weeks ago,, my Private insurance notified me for the SECOND time since May that they dropped my plan,, and would have to choose another plan again...

What all this means for us,, is we are both realizing we MAY have to get part time/or new full time jobs, to off set the new unplanned for costs..

What I dreamed retirement might be for me when I was younger,, was actually a dream.... I doubt I will ever REALLY be able to retire..

I will either have to go back to work to offset costs,, OR adjust my expectations of what activities I will be able to enjoy in retirement...

Definitely , travel is out... The "Young and the Restless" is a pretty good show, once ya get into it!

P.S. Forgot the most important point while I was ramblin Each time our private plan was cancelled.. we had to choose a new one,, and it has always meant a premium price increase! This has happened twice, since May.
    Last edited by MooseGooser; 11-20-2015 at 05:44 PM.
    It is far easier to spit on the work of others than it is to produce something better yourself.
    Brynmoors Prairie Sage JH ​(Sage) Just a dang fool huntin Dawg
    HRCH Calypso Seven Bales High SH (Bailey)
    HR Calypso Zoomin Loosies Mad Hader (Maddi) We loved you baby. R.I.P.
    HRCH FlatLanders Broken Pistol Ricochet SH (Flinch)

My Christian Name is Michael Baker..
    I have gone by "Gooser" since I was a "gossling"

Get divorced, the UCA will kill marriage like the great society program killed fatherhood in the black family.
    Many "Intended Consequences" behind/inside of this Trojan Horse, Diabolically so.

Where are all the ACA backers on this forum?
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth