The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Benghazi

Henlee, since you've been studying the timeline, maybe you can make some sense of this article. I am totally lost since I don't remember anything about them finding anyone in a closet.
    http://www.americanthinker.com/2013/...elopments.html
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

CBS News' Lara Logan Taking Leave Of Absence Over Discredited '60 Minutes' Benghazi Report
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/1...n_4344883.html

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    Henlee, since you've been studying the timeline, maybe you can make some sense of this article. I am totally lost since I don't remember anything about them finding anyone in a closet.
    http://www.americanthinker.com/2013/...elopments.html
    That is a big convoluted mess. I will say this, that people who gave stories right after the events happened, changed them under oath. This is what triggered the ABC fiasco. Westmoreland said that their was two narratives coming out of the whole ordeal between the Embassy and the CIA outpost. I am waiting for the hearings for a more official narrative where people will face real consequences for lying. I thought Stevens was found in the closet though, I don't remember the rest.
    During break time at obedience school, two dogs were talking.
    One said to the other..."The thing I hate about obedience school is you learn ALL this stuff you will never use in the real world."

Some details came out of recent testimony ... one detail I was not aware of was that 5 men from Tripoli did come to the aid of the annex, and one of those was Sean Doherty, later killed at the CIA annex.

Roughly five hours later, the CIA team testified that mortars hit, killing former Navy SEAL Tyrone Woods, who had helped rescue the diplomats, and former SEAL Glenn Doherty, who had just arrived with a team from Tripoli.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...#ixzz2nZytUzZ5

According to previous accounts by U.S. officials, the attacks began at approximately 9:40 p.m., and the CIA team arrived roughly 25 minutes into the attack.

None of those who testified would say they believed the ambassador or the others could have been saved had they arrived any faster, (this must mean Stevens & Smith, since Glenn Doherty was one of those arriving with the CIA team?) according to two officials, who also were briefed on the testimony. They spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss the closed testimony publicly.
    The CIA team leader and the CIA chief at the Benghazi annex told committee members that they were trying to gather Libyan allies and intelligence before racing into the fray, worried that they might be sending their security team into an ambush with little or no backup.

At least one of those security contractors, a former U.S. Army Ranger, was told to “wait” at least twice, and he argued with his security team leader, according to his testimony,

The implication is that the CIA's standing order was not to engage in violence, rather
    “It basically told people in Benghazi … if you are attacked, you get your ‘package’ (the personnel they are charged with protecting) and you get out,” he said in an interview with The Associated Press.
    This standing order is what seems to have been the basis for the confusion on the order to "stand down". However, it would seem that if DC had been engaged as the event unfolded, this order could have been changed.

One contractor testified that he shouted repeatedly over the agency’s radio system to his CIA security boss that they should request combat aircraft. But the security chief explained to lawmakers that he ignored his subordinate’s demands because he said he knew that no combat aircraft were available for such a mission, Westmoreland said.

G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

I realize most of you will just write this off because it was published in the NYTimes, but whatever...

http://www.nytimes.com/projects/2013.../?hp#/?chapt=0

Months of investigation by The New York Times, centered on extensive interviews with Libyans in Benghazi who had direct knowledge of the attack there and its context, turned up no evidence that Al Qaeda or other international terrorist groups had any role in the assault. The attack was led, instead, by fighters who had benefited directly from NATO’s extensive air power and logistics support during the uprising against Colonel Qaddafi. And contrary to claims by some members of Congress, it was fueled in large part by anger at an American-made video denigrating Islam.
    A fuller accounting of the attacks suggests lessons for the United States that go well beyond Libya. It shows the risks of expecting American aid in a time of desperation to buy durable loyalty, and the difficulty of discerning friends from allies of convenience in a culture shaped by decades of anti-Western sentiment. Both are challenges now hanging over the American involvement in Syria’s civil conflict.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Yes, Buzz, I would find research by the NYT suspect. I believe that they would do anything possible to start clearing the path to remove Hillary away from any accountability for Benghazi by 2016.

Have they clearly stated yet that Obama lied about Obamacare , i.e. "If you like your health plan, you can keep it."?
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    I realize most of you will just write this off because it was published in the NYTimes, but whatever...

http://www.nytimes.com/projects/2013.../?hp#/?chapt=0
    Thank you Buzz. The NY Times story has more the ring of truth than anything I've read in a long time.
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

Yes, Buzz, I would find research by the NYT suspect. I believe that they would do anything possible to start clearing the path to remove Hillary away from any accountability for Benghazi by 2016.

Have they clearly stated yet that Obama lied about Obamacare , i.e. "If you like your health plan, you can keep it."?
    Wait a minute, you find the NY Times suspect yet quote Fox News all the time. The media watchdogs have Fox News and MSNBC rated the worst in terms of accuracy.
    It's time we abandon our party affiliations and rather than being good Dems or good Repubs we all become good Americans. MJH345

Yes, Buzz, I would find research by the NYT suspect. ...
    Gerry. Given your deep interest in this issue and all the links that you have posted and presumably read, what specific parts of the NYT story do you find suspect? The timelines? The account of actions by individuals?, etc?

I don't know, people with intelligence knowledge are now saying the NYT report is garbage, including both Ds and Rs. If it is in fact garbage, what is the motive for the Times to run such a story?