The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: FC AFC Trumarcs Hollandaise "Holland" Offspring

Default FC AFC Trumarcs Hollandaise "Holland" Offspring

Since people want to talk about sires & all, why not talk about young Holland? That pedigree is something special & his talent is off the charts.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Hawkes View Post
    Since people want to talk about sires & all, why not talk about young Holland? That pedigree is something special & his talent is off the charts.
    Because if you know anything about Dr A he doesnt have to boast about his dogs, look at who he has had in his house, he and the first Mrs A have had more RHOF'ers live in their house than probably anyone to have ever played the game...kind of like the football player that hands the ref the ball, after he reaches the end zone, he has been there before...
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

I don't think any of his pups are old enough to have really shown their talent, but I'm interested to see how they turn out.

were there any other males out of that litter besides Holland that blossomed...I know the females are also quite good, wasnt there a repeat of the breeding ?
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

I know that I put down a live call duck on Saturday for one that my training partner has. I can say that she seems to be a wonderful pup with a bright future!
    "Determining and applying the criteria for when and when not to use correction is the essence of the art of dog training. I make a distinction between a mistake and a lack of effort." - Mike Lardy - Volume I "After Collar Conditioning"

Ed, this is you chance to brag on those pups "out of" Holland!
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

jacob,

i will boldy add my observations of a holland pup at an early stage:

1. he loves to retrieve, play and have fun of all sorts.
    2. he is bold, never spooky or intimidated by anything.
    3. he is great in the house.
    4. he has never, never ever, not once ever, shat his crate!!!!!

i must add that the bitch line for my pup is "stronger than my aunt nellie's breath". the breeders also obviously did a great job with socialization! does he have "trial talent"? that is a question for the future. but he is a fine, fine puppy! he has been the most fun and easiest pup i have raised!

this was "son" at ten weeks!

son.jpg
    john mccallie

Not bragging time yet but Trumarc's New Holland (Dutch) DOB 5/27/2013 is very smart and there isn't much not to like at 5 months old. Trumarc's Mumbo Jumbo (Jumbo) Holland X Tia is only 8 weeks old and I don't remember a puppy running so fast to get the bumper and then running so fast in the opposite direction after he gets it. Wife had to look out the window Saturday to see what I was laughing hysterically about as he hauled it past me at full speed bumper in mouth with absolutely intention of giving it up.

Default Love Mine

Colletta Bay Bit of Good Karma is a wonderful puppy as well. Bold...trainable....pleasing....athletic....very much like her Father Holland...very not like her mother Karma at this age. At 5.5 months has been a joy to socialize....early train....and enjoy. Her house manners the best of any puppy I have ever been around. I can only feel that father Holland has had an alot to do with this. She is off for her Pro training next week. Fingers crossed it all continues.

I have to agree with Ed, there is nothing not to like about mine. I will add she is an excellent swimmer and loves to retrieve. She is just a real pleasure to be around.
    My fingers are crossed as well.