The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Golden Retriever Specialty

Default Golden Retriever Specialty

I was just sent this list of Callbacks for the Amateur from Kine Torinus. Sent by iPhone and she said there were 32 called back to the landblind but I have only 31. As soon as I get the missing Golden, will let you know:

1 - 2 -3 - 4 - 6 - 8 - 10 - 12 - 13 - 14 - 16 - 19 - 20 - 21 - 22 - 23 - 25 - 29 - 31 - 34 - 35 - 37 - 38 - 40 - 41 - 43 - 44 - 45 - 47 - 48 - 49.

Glenda

Land triple. Middle bird first 135 yards L-R on ridge. second bird on right thrown straight back slightly toward mid. bird. in a valley 100 yards retired. Line very tight to middle bird. Flier at left 130 yards up a hill R-L. wind at 13 mph. slightly l- r. but feels downwind. most dogs blow through to middle or go right thru opening into no mans land. 50% are handling.

Description of the Amateur provided by Kine.

Glenda

Missing number is #9. Sorry about that.

Glenda

Thank you, Glenda! Been wanting to follow along from home.
    -Danielle

Yes, thank you Glenda for the updates!!

Glenda your numbers are wrong, you just gave me a mild heart attack...........................off to the hospital

#11 is back
    There is very little difference in dogs, but that little difference makes a big difference. The difference is attitude. The big difference is whether it is positive or negative.

I guess we have two National threads here. I posted the Puppy Stake yesterday on the Golden National Specialty Thread and was going to continue with the other stakes but then I saw this one. The numbers I have for the Am are 1,2,3,4,6,8,10,11,12,13,14,16,19,20,21,22,23,25,29 ,31,34,35,37,38,40,41,43,44,45,47,48,49. The scratches are 5,27,32,33, and 50.

I had to cut that post short because I got a phone call and wanted to post it. There were many handles although the test seemed to get slightly easier as the day went on and there was more scent and a slightly different wind. The judges did call some of the quick, clean handles back.

The Amateur Land Blind will start tomorrow at 8:00 in a different location. Handlers are to report to the headquarters area before 8:00 for directions to the test site. The starting dog will be #29.

Derby Information:

The Derby will start at 8:00 tomorrow at a location north of the town of Henrietta. From the intersection of Omega and Bridge Streets in Henrietta, go north on Bridge St. which becomes Highway 1197. Go 1 1/2 miles to Kerr Lane. The Derby will be on the left. There will be signs.

The Qual ran two series today. The first series was a wide open triple on relatively featureless land with heavy cover. All of the dogs were called back to the second series land blind which was a cross wind blind which included a decoy. I'm waiting for a call with the callbacks, but if anyone else has them, please post. Thanks.