RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Golden Retriever Specialty

14K views 53 replies 16 participants last post by  Jennifer Henion 
#1 ·
I was just sent this list of Callbacks for the Amateur from Kine Torinus. Sent by iPhone and she said there were 32 called back to the landblind but I have only 31. As soon as I get the missing Golden, will let you know:

1 - 2 -3 - 4 - 6 - 8 - 10 - 12 - 13 - 14 - 16 - 19 - 20 - 21 - 22 - 23 - 25 - 29 - 31 - 34 - 35 - 37 - 38 - 40 - 41 - 43 - 44 - 45 - 47 - 48 - 49.

Glenda

#27 ·
Jennifer, a dog can compete in Qual until it wins two so yes, QAA dogs can compete.

#33 ·
Also, I think a dog who JAMs an Amateur can continue to compete in the Qual. Maybe Glenda can confirm that, but I think we discussed that once before. JAM in an Open does NOT allow a dog to continue to compete in Qual.

A dog who gets 2nds in Qual (which gives ***) can also continue to compete in Qual.

#28 ·
Derby Callbacks to 4th series (11 dogs):

The Derby is moving to a site near headquarters tomorrow morning at 8:00.

I think I've posted this three times and it seems to disappear. I'm trying again.

#29 ·
Open Callbacks to the 3rd series taken from the Yahoo Group posting (27 dogs):

#34 ·
Lots of JAMs in the Qual as well:
Qualifying Placements:
1st: 12 Birch Bay Spring Beauty **
2nd: 9 Thunderstruck Like None Otter ** MH --
3rd: 15 Topbrass Bizquick --
4th: 23 Zaniri's Piece By Piece, Can MH --
RJAM: 27 Blazinlake Rockstar Bark at the Moon, MH --
JAMS: 1 Zaniri's Playing With Fire,MH --
5 HRCH David's Waterloo Diversion --
13 High Times Big Dog Daddy ** MH, CDX --
14 Talin Zaniri Frozen Concentrate --
17 Raggedy Run's Time Well Wasted *** MH --
20 Bigwood's Sportin Jenny --
21 Smokingold Max Q Maverick --
24 CH Unicoi's Sail Away Angel, MH --
26 Can CH Zaniri's Cheeky Monkey Can/Am MH, QFTR --
31 High Times Applejack's Mike, MH --
35 High Roller Marshall Matt Dillon, MH --
36 Sorol's Cannonball Express ***

There must have been some good depth in the field of dogs for so many to complete all series. There was an entry of 36, with 5 scratches, so more than 1/2 (17) the dogs were still there at the end.

#35 ·
The 4th series of the Derby was a very tight double with the long bird way up a hill thrown right to left hip pocket to the go bird flyer. Many of the dogs curled back to the flyer on the way to the long mark. Five made it through.

Derby Placements:

1st - Presto - Tandoc
2nd - Jenny - Bly
3rd - Gibbs - Millette-Snodgrass
4th - Dart - Myers
RJ - Rusty - Chalupka

#37 · (Edited)
The Am is a tight quad with three retired around a small pond of water. The long birds are thrown momma poppa with the right hand gunners retiring into the same holding blind as the left gunner. There is a short retired thrown from the right back corner of the pond left to right away from the pond and behind a dike-like mound. Those gunner walk in the direction they threw behind the dike. The flyer gunners shoot a wipeout flyer from the right side of the pond into the middle of the pond and about in line with the long right mark. The line to the short retired goes over the bird crates sitting in front of the flyers. The first bird down is the left long bird, then the short retired, then the right long bird, then the flyer. Many dogs are flaring the flyer gunners going for that mark. Most of the dogs seem to be doing the test but some with lots of hunting.

#38 ·
Debbie, we are so happy for you and proud of this accomplishment with Presto!!! I'm remembering our conversation in my living room almost 2 years ago...I told you he was the one!:D

#42 ·
Amateur Placements were a long time coming but here they are:

1st - Flash - Fuller
2nd - Gus - Robinson
3rd - Rider - Hogan
4th - Rainy - Mettenbrink
RJ - Caleb - Cleveland

JAM's :

Ruby - Millette-Snodgrass
Fire - Cheatham
Ethan - Rasmussan
Trek - Myers
Koko - Curry
Lucy - Whiteley
Ready - Cleveland
Ruff - Bly
Copper - Faltys
Mick - Rasmussen
Bailey - Skochenski

#43 ·
Open awards will be presented at the banquet tonight. Stay tuned.

#49 ·
Open Results:

1st - Ruby - Millette-Snodgrass/Erhardt - New FC!
2nd - Flash - Fuller
3rd - Micah - Cleveland
4th - Red - Carter
RJ - Bailey - Skochenski

JAM's:

Lucy - Whiteley
Rudy - Cheatham/Erhardt
Pistol - Anderson
Cutter - Strathern
Libby - Johnson
Fire - Cheatham
Forman - Otterness

#51 ·
WOW! Go team Gus x Ruby!
Ruby WINS Open becomes FC
Gus gets second in Amat; Ruby gets JAM in Amateur
Gibbs (Gus x Ruby) gets 2nd in Derby
Also my buddy Gale M gets 4th with Rainy in Amateur.

Hard to know who to cheer for since they were all great goldens
CONGRATS TO ALL;
WISH I COULD HAVE BEEN THERE!

#52 ·
As I put on another thread, this has been an exceptionally good years for Goldens in the field. New titles, wins, out there kicking rears.
It reminds me of those days when we had eight or nine qualified each year for and running the National Amateur---let's keep it up. We have some marvelous Goldens to cheer on this November at the National Open---this is a time to start refurbishing your pom poms and having them ready for our future.

Glenda

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.