The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Golden Retriever Specialty

Just saw Qual callbacks posted in the GRCA Yahoo Group. They report 26 dogs called back:

1,2,3,5,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,19,20,21,23,24,2 5,26,27,28,31,33,35,36

Just had these numbers confirmed by another source. The scratches are 6,8,22,30,34.
    Last edited by Judy Myers; 10-28-2013 at 07:18 PM.

Thanks to all for reporting.
    Sue
    Never confuse activity with success.

"Ummmmmmm Isn't a word." Judge Judy

Well, went off to organize dinner and just came back to check and heard they were doing CPR on Mike! Sorry about that, Mike, looks like the missing dog was 11 rather than 9. But, Mike, things like that build character and will make you a better person in the long run. Think of it like this, much better to find you were back than to be told you were and then show up and not be back----does that make you feel any better.

Will leave this up to Judy who has become a pro re the reporting on trials, and is a more reliable reporter than I am.

Sorry, Mike, hugs and all that, Glenda

Doesn't make me feel any better. I am number 9.
    "When a man is proud of his dog and shows it, I like him. When his dog is proud of him and shows it, I deeply respect him. Gene Hill

OK. Promise not to post anything that is sent on an iPhone. Remember, I was just the messenger!

And, I have been in both positions---thought I was dropped and I wasn't; had my number listed, but had been dropped although it was down on the marshal's sheet---and that occurred at the first National Specialty I ever ran as well as being my first field trial. Particularly embarrassing as it was a long convoluted walk to the line, went up there only to have the two judges look at each other, shake their heads and inform me it was an error, turned and had this very long walk off----but it did build character.

Glenda

First series of the Derby was a nice relatively wide double. Long memory bird on the left thrown right to left and flyer short on the right shot left to right. It was run from the top of a rise overseeing the marks. Callbacks to second series (24 dogs):

1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,14,15,16,17,18,20,21,22 ,23,25,26,27

Scratches: 19, 24

The Am is running a double blind - one land and one water with a poison bird. Land is on the right over some broken terrain to a holding blind but not where the blind planter is hiding. The water blind is on the the left off the end of the poison bird with a point to cross. Dogs are to pick up land first, then water, then the poison bird.

The Open has a big triple with two retired with crosswind blowing left to right followed by an honor. Long mark is first down on the right thrown right to left along the side of a hill. Middle mark is thrown right to left lower along the side of the hill. The flyer is on the left shot left to right and angled back. All three marks have heavy cover to negotiate. Some dogs are going past the marks on the wrong side of the wind and blowing through although most recover to find the bird. Most of the dogs seem to be doing the test although I did see one break. Since I am running between all three stakes, I haven't had much chance to see the dogwork.

As of 2:00, both major stakes are still running. The Derby is setting up its second series.

Qual callbacks to the 4th series (16 dogs):

I refrained from posting any information I have received re descriptions of the tests and/or callbacks for fear that Mike would have a relapse. What many of you do not know, as it is a deeply kept secret, I knew Mike when he was "Hollywood Mike". This was in his wayward youth.

I hear lots of photos are being taken of your dogs and I am delighted and I know you will be as well when you see them.

Thanks, Judy, as usual you do an excellent job reporting. Also you have two really nice Goldens!!

Glenda

Open callbacks to double land blind (35 dogs):

1,2,3,4,7,8,9,11,12,14,15,16,17,18,20,22,23,24,26, 27,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,42,43,44,45