RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Duck Hunting Guides

5K views 18 replies 13 participants last post by  Franco 
#1 ·
I would appreciate info on Duck Hunting Guides in the Mississippi Flyway or Central Flyway.

#3 ·
Ya Think??

As Brad stated you might want to narrow your geographic area down a tad and possibly the type of hunting situation you are looking for; timber,marsh,field.
Duck Club of Okalahoma would be great for dry field hunting. Hackberry Rod & Gun for traditional south Lousiana marsh hunting with fantastic FOOD. Whoever you decide to go with make sure you check them out through various websites to make sure they are legit. Fancy ads are just as decieving as shiney dog trailers/websites some Pros have.

Let the buyer beware

#10 ·
Most guides will, but be warned it better be trained or it's gonna bee a long trip for your pup.

#13 ·
First, Yes Prairie Thunder will let you hunt with your dog. One of their guys will have one of my stud dogs there all season hunting, but they'll gladly leave theirs at home in order to let you hunt yours.

Second, Habitat Flats is awesome... but definitely pricey. 2-3 times what most guided hunts will cost. Could be worth it to you, though!

Second, Zach isn't guiding with PTO this season, but most of the same guys are involved. Don't get the guy's hopes up with 100 birds in a day, though! We averaged 30 or so, but boy we had a blast. They scout very hard and have all thats necessary to put you on a big spread. I've attached a picture of one of our hunts with them last year, day 1.

Duck Water bird Hunting Bird Waterfowl

#14 ·
Whats keeping Zach away??

First, Yes Prairie Thunder will let you hunt with your dog. One of their guys will have one of my stud dogs there all season hunting, but they'll gladly leave theirs at home in order to let you hunt yours.

Second, Habitat Flats is awesome... but definitely pricey. 2-3 times what most guided hunts will cost. Could be worth it to you, though!

Second, Zach isn't guiding with PTO this season, but most of the same guys are involved. Don't get the guy's hopes up with 100 birds in a day, though! We averaged 30 or so, but boy we had a blast. They scout very hard and have all thats necessary to put you on a big spread. I've attached a picture of one of our hunts with them last year, day 1.

View attachment 15747

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.