The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: NSA phone monitoring

Default NSA phone monitoring

The president allegedly allowed US intelligence to listen to calls from the German Chancellor's mobile phone after he was briefed on the operation by Keith Alexander, director of the National Security Agency (NSA), in 2010.

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/...#ixzz2j4K0ecZN
    They are quoting The Telegraph

Oops ... was Obama lying or did he just forget?

G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

From the American Thinker article you posted...

"Mr Obama's European allies will now ask him to say what he personally knew about the NSA's global eavesdropping operation and its targeting of world leaders, including those from friendly states. The White House declined to comment on the German media reports."

Reads that they are going to ask him if he knew. Also note in the same story that the NSA spying on Merkell began in 2002! The White House has already denied knowing of the NSA's listening to foreign leaders phone calls. It is a matter of whether we can believe that Bush and Obama didn't know.

As a matter of protocal, both Bush and Obama are not made aware of the actions of many of the security operations. That way they can both deny knowing about it if becomes public. Which thanks to Mr Snowden, it has.
    Last edited by Franco; 10-28-2013 at 08:41 PM.
    “The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.” –Thomas Jefferson

Should have offered Snowden immunity to shut the hell up. Intelligence is one of those things you can't have enough of. Being as there are no rules in spying, I don't think we did anything wrong. This is why we shouldn't be outsourcing our national intelligence work in the first place!
    During break time at obedience school, two dogs were talking.
    One said to the other..."The thing I hate about obedience school is you learn ALL this stuff you will never use in the real world."

Yes, Franco, this stuff has been going on since 2002 ... so one would have to agree that the POTUS should have known about it ... both Bush and Obama.

We tread a fine line between getting the intelligence we need to keep our country safe, and intruding on our Constitution. It takes a lot of wisdom to know where the "red line" is crossed.

That said, I'm sure that other countries are doing the same thing to us, probably even Germany and the UK who have made the most of this latest revelation. Plus, I'm sure that everybody knows the other guys are doing the same thing ... including Obama who professes to be ignorant of same.

Henlee, I can understand not wanting to outsource our intelligence work ... yet, the evidence of the govt trying to be the "manager" of O-care's website, we can also question whether in-sourcing would necessarily be much of an improvement.

It might be in order to review how security clearances are given out ... both to contractors' employees and govt employees.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by Henlee View Post
    Should have offered Snowden immunity to shut the hell up. Intelligence is one of those things you can't have enough of. Being as there are no rules in spying, I don't think we did anything wrong. This is why we shouldn't be outsourcing our national intelligence work in the first place!
    No, he should have been 'disappeared'....Paul
    there's no good reason to fatten up a retriever.

Quote Originally Posted by paul young View Post
    No, he should have been 'disappeared'....Paul
    What I really have an issue with is the permissive culture in these agency's that allow folks like Snowden & Manning access to this level of info. Until there is a culture change this will continue!

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Not only are we listening in on Merkell private phone calls, our Federal Reserve is refusing to allow them to repatriate their gold! They thought they had their gold stored in a safe place! But, a funny thing happened on their way to the bank. It's not there anymore
    “The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.” –Thomas Jefferson