The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: O-care ... constructive alternative proposals

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Only if one lives in a Totalitarian State do they have to live by mandates. A Free People live by their decissions and take responsibility for their actions!
    Note: I did not read the entire thread in great detail, just skimmed it, but your reply caught my attention.

I agree...health insurance should not be a mandate, however the second half of your comment is part of the problem we have in this country...specifically taking responsibility for one's actions....unfortunately far too many people don't! Heck if you don't have insurance, just go to the ER, someone will pay for it....I wished the ER had a way of saying whether or not the reason a person came into the ER was a true medical emergency or not and if it was not then the person should be responsible for paying their bills, either through their insurance or out of pocket...
    "You can't eat a pig whole, but you can eat a whole pig." - Joe S.

Proudly Owned By:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    MHR HR Flash Of Mischief SH CD CGC - Flash (10/15/98 - 10/8/12)
    Lightning Fast Quack Attacker*** - Bullet
    Gotta Heart Of A Warrior - Ranger (12/26/07 - 8/10/2010)
    SML's Gettin' Sexy With It*** - Tango
    FOM's Raising a Ruckus in the Rockies - Riot

Quote Originally Posted by FOM View Post
    Note: I did not read the entire thread in great detail, just skimmed it, but your reply caught my attention.

I agree...health insurance should not be a mandate, however the second half of your comment is part of the problem we have in this country...specifically taking responsibility for one's actions....unfortunately far too many people don't! Heck if you don't have insurance, just go to the ER, someone will pay for it....I wished the ER had a way of saying whether or not the reason a person came into the ER was a true medical emergency or not and if it was not then the person should be responsible for paying their bills, either through their insurance or out of pocket...

One of my brothers was a CFO for a private Catholic Hospital in east Los Angeles awhile back and I asked him that exact question, he explained that legally they could be sued for discrimination because the Hippocratic oath taken by doctors...It was also the directive by the Mother Superior to accept all comers regardless of their ability to pay

THEN : he showed them how much revenue and lost billing they gave away to local residents who had no intention of paying for services..They quickly changed their stance and actually began to turn annual losses into a small profit

If you want to see where your tax dollar goes, spend an afternoon in the emergency waiting area of ANY county hospital,and look at all the indigent people there for everything from a headache to a hangnail, total waste of medical resources
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"