The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "back on me horse"

Default "back on me horse"

On 9/3/13 I lost my extraordinary Labrador companion gundog of 7.5 years to a very sudden and inexplicable death. I was absolutely crushed as he was my constant companion and a true joy to hunt over regardless if for waterfowl or upland birds. He will be greatly missed all the remaining days of my life.

Within three days of losing my companion gundog, I was going crazy and could feel the palpable tide of depression rushing at me full bore. I knew then and there that I must initiate a search for a successor to my beloved gundog.

My initial search could not have come at a worse time and I was not having great success with the five kennels in my shortlist of preferred bloodlines. That said, I stepped outside my geographic comfort zone and reached out to Haynes Floyd of Double TT British
    Kennels in Sylvia, Kansas. As a complete stroke of luck for me, and the misfortune for someone else, I was able to select one of two black males out of a very desirable breeding due to a reservation on a pup having to be dropped by the reservation holder due to a family illness.

My new pup TTF CRAIGHORN KIFFIN "TRAD" is the product of a mating of HRCH UH TTF CRAIGHORN "KIFFIN" MH x FTW LEAWYN LAINNE "TARA" and I took delivery on 10/23/13 via an overland gundog transport service.

The wee Trad is absolutely beautiful and is everything I might hope for in a prospective gundog pup. Trad is highly alert, curious, intelligent, and maintains great eye contact on
    me as his trainer / handler. He shows strong interest in both water and bird wings. He is also very social, bold in the woods demonstrating that he is an ATP ( All Terrain Pup ) by handling every obstacle we worked him over. He showed great agility, tenacity, and self confidence as we traversed the woods.

Trad has brought me a healing that nearly two months ago I would have thought impossible. My beloved gundog Cayden will live in my heart forever and I will think of him daily every day of my life. The name I selected for my new pup "Trad" is an abbreviation or slang of the Irish word "TRADISIUN" which means tradition in English. My new pup Trad will be a living tribute to his predecessors and the tradition of gundog excellence they bestowed upon my life. I look forward to watching Trad as I personally train him, and observing his journey to gundog excellence.

Cheers Mates,
    Irishwhistler
    Last edited by Irishwhistler; 10-29-2013 at 05:20 AM.

Glad to hear you found a new pup!
    -Barton Ramsey

Barton,
    Thanks much.

Cheers,
    Irishwhistler

Good luck with your new pup. Thanks for sharing.
    HRCH Scaupgetters Tarnation QAA
    http://www.huntinglabpedigree.com/pedigree.asp?id=83047
    HR Blackie 2 CGN, WCI
    Metras's Hashtag Mickey
    http://www.huntinglabpedigree.com/pedigree.asp?id=83051

"Knowing how important right timing is in accomplishing right actions"
    Uncle Ray

Mary Lynn,
    Thank you very much.

Highest Regards,
    Irishwhistler

Enjoy the ride. Nothing like a new pup to ease the pain of losing a beloved companion.

Good Luck with your new best friend. Enjoy the ride.
    Chase perfection and accept excellence- Vince Lombardi

Awclark and Bob Mac,
    I am relishing every second of "the ride" and it is all the more apparent to me given the recent almost two month, seemingly abysmal void I have suffered since losing my companion gundog in September. God how these incredible dogs work their way into our heart and soul.

Thanks for the well wishes.

Cheers Mates,
    Irishwhistler

I know your pain, I lost a dog in tradgic accident that I think more of than I do most people 5 years ago this past September 13th. I think about him every single day. Yes, I to got another that helps with the pain of his loss, but that dog I lost will always hold a special place in my heart. Good luck with your new pup.

Freezeland,
    Thank you for your heartfelt comment and well wishes. My heart goes out to yourself and all whom are dealing with the pain from the loss of their canine companion(s). Take care.

Irishwhistler