The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Performance Dog Food

I was feeding my guy Orijen when he was a pup no issues and then when I switched to their adult formula I couldn't feed enough to keep his weight right, so I switched to Pro Plan Performance 30/20 (more calories). His stool seem fine and his weight has been up. I don't love the ingredients but it works.
    OWNED BY:
    Longhorn Lacey's Boomerang "Boomer"
    Brio's Jollycurl to Bravo First Over Under "Parker"

Kyle Crump

Dr. Tims Pursuit. I've fed it about 8 weeks and can see a difference It is considerable more in price compared to my previous feed ,but upon contacting Dr. Tims company they informed me that it will take about %20 less (seems to be accurate to me ). They have the best coat I've ever seen on them and its an all stage formula, so from puppy to senior just one brand takes care of it ,no need to keep 2 or 3 different feeds on hand.

My female is due to whelp any minute now ,and I plan to send a 5# bag of Dr. Tims home with each new pup.
    Last edited by shawninthesticks; 10-30-2013 at 03:26 PM.
    Shawn White

HR Big Creek Retrievers Independence Day JH QAA "Indy "

BCR's Born to Boogie "Boogie" (FC Contempt of Court "Ruckus" X HR Big Creek Retrivers Independence Day JH QAA "Indy")

Quote Originally Posted by shawninthesticks View Post
    Dr. Tims Pursuit. I've fed it about 8 weeks and can see a difference It is considerable more in price compared to my previous feed ,but upon contacting Dr. Tims company they informed me that it will take about %20 less (seems to be accurate to me ). They have the best coat I've ever seen on them and its an all stage formula, so from puppy to senior just one brand takes care of it ,no need to keep 2 or 3 different feeds on hand.

My female is due to whelp any minute now ,and I plan to send a 5# bag of Dr. Tims home with each new pup.
    I just googled DR. Tims and found the price to be listed at $77.00 for a 40 pound bag, is this accurate?
    St. Thomas, the great doctor and theologian, warns about the proper use of animals, lest they appear at the final Judgment against us: and God himself will take vengeance on all who misuse his creatures.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by A team View Post
    I just googled DR. Tims and found the price to be listed at $77.00 for a 40 pound bag, is this accurate?
    For Momentum it is about $73 on Mr. Chewy but that is a 35/25 and you will feed considerably less than other foods. The upland breeds would benefit most from this one.

Pursuit 30/20 goes for $65 for 44lbs

Kinesis 26/16 goes for $60 for 44lbs.

All those prices are tax free.

I use Pursuit and don't find it anymore expensive than PPP. You will get better results on his base 26/16 food than you will on other performance foods.
    Last edited by SpinRetriever; 10-30-2013 at 04:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by A team View Post
    Here is where I have been getting it from http://www.chewy.com/s?dept=all&quer...mit-button.y=0

If you sign up for auto ship you get %15 off your 1st order. I was scepical at first, but I have grown to like the idea of a bag of food being on my front porch every 4 weeks. Always free shipping.
    Shawn White

HR Big Creek Retrievers Independence Day JH QAA "Indy "

BCR's Born to Boogie "Boogie" (FC Contempt of Court "Ruckus" X HR Big Creek Retrivers Independence Day JH QAA "Indy")

I went from Taste of Wild to a higher protein- fat content Earthborn Holistic Grain Free 38/20

Reviews were good and dogs like it.

I feed mine turnips. They didn't like um that much at first but seem to eat them OK now.

Trying to help out in the worst way regards

Bubba
    There are three classes of people: those who see...those who see when shown...and those who do not see. - Leonardo da Vinci

Dr. Tim's Pursuit. Made the switch about 2 bag ago. Previous Pro plan user for 15 yrs. Much better stools and skinny dog is gaining weight. Happy so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
    I feed mine turnips. They didn't like um that much at first but seem to eat them OK now.

Trying to help out in the worst way regards

Bubba
    52,000 dog food threads all about the same thing and I just found this out. I'd never done a search on Turnips.
    We shoot dogs with a Canon

Quote Originally Posted by JoeOverby View Post
    Victor's 24/20 has seriously impressed me...they also make a 26/18 and a 30/20...I have fed all 3 and really like them all but the 24/20 hands down has been better for my dogs.
    I agree, Exactly as written. 24/20
    HRCH TilHe CallsUsHome ~ Tilly