RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Phineas Sanders Found Innocent- now family must move- help sought

2K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  Hunt'EmUp 
#1 ·
The Sanders family from Missouri stood by their dog - a big yellow lab- for a 16 month fight that ended with the judge declaring their dog not guilty of a dog bite that would have led to his death. The mayor of Salem had declared the dog should be euthanized. A lawyer from Salem Missouri Joe Simon help them achieve their goal. Not too many people would have stood by their dog this long to make sure he was not wrongfully put to death. Joe Simon was able to prove that the mark on the child's face could not have come from a dog as big as Phineas. Now they must move because their kids no longer feel safe in school and they are receiving threats of harm.

An organizer is seeking donations to help the family with 4 small children move, lab and all.

http://www.youcaring.com/help-a-neighbor/phineas-sanders-moving-fund/100609

donations are tax deductible.

#2 ·
There seems to be a lot of pieces of this story missing. If the family is receiving threats I'd be willing to bet there is a lot more going on than what the lawyer was able to prove. Not too often a Local lawyer goes into a court and argue as an expert witness on sizes of dogs dentation and bite patterns.

Something smells fishy to me. Other people came forward after the fact which obviously means one of two things, the dog was aggressive in the neighborhood or, folks just don't like the dogs owners and want to cause them grief. I'm starting to think the latter because they are continuing to receive threats and the kids are having a bad time in school.

Don't mean to sound harsh but, I think the whole thing smells funny.

#4 ·
There seems to be a lot of pieces of this story missing. If the family is receiving threats I'd be willing to bet there is a lot more going on than what the lawyer was able to prove. Not too often a Local lawyer goes into a court and argue as an expert witness on sizes of dogs dentation and bite patterns.

Something smells fishy to me. Other people came forward after the fact which obviously means one of two things, the dog was aggressive in the neighborhood or, folks just don't like the dogs owners and want to cause them grief. I'm starting to think the latter because they are continuing to receive threats and the kids are having a bad time in school.

Don't mean to sound harsh but, I think the whole thing smells funny.
You should read the whole story on facebook. I think the accusing party didn't like the family. Easy enough to have this happen. And then the gang mentality steps up.... US (dog owners) vs THEM (non-dog owners, etc). The accusers seems to have more political connections. When I saw the pictures of the girl, my initial reaction was "No way". I've dealt with enough dog bite cases over the years. I also would never want to have this happen to one of my dogs. I had it happen years ago with my cocker spaniel, who took a woman's cheeseburger on the beach right out of her hand. I offered to buy the woman lunch. She declined. Her friend got a case of the McCrazies, and later on, I started getting calls from the emergency room. The only thing the dog bit was her cheeseburger. I got the woman to tell the truth, and I paid nothing. It certainly could have gone the other way.

#5 · (Edited)
You should read the whole story on facebook. I think the accusing party didn't like the family. Easy enough to have this happen. And then the gang mentality steps up.... US (dog owners) vs THEM (non-dog owners, etc). The accusers seems to have more political connections. When I saw the pictures of the girl, my initial reaction was "No way". I've dealt with enough dog bite cases over the years. I also would never want to have this happen to one of my dogs. I had it happen years ago with my cocker spaniel, who took a woman's cheeseburger on the beach right out of her hand. I offered to buy the woman lunch. She declined. Her friend got a case of the McCrazies, and later on, I started getting calls from the emergency room. The only thing the dog bit was her cheeseburger. I got the woman to tell the truth, and I paid nothing. It certainly could have gone the other way.

I read the NY Times story on it. It said the little girl was bitten on the face. Nowhere can I find any mention of severity of injuries? I just wonder how that all came about that no other dog was spotted or did they just make it up the girl was bitten?

The reporting on all accounts is really poor. Not to mention, City officials likely broke laws and used city property to commit crimes and they're being hailed as heros?

I think this whole think smells really bad.

#6 ·
I read the NY Times story on it. It said the little girl was bitten on the face. I just wonder how that all came about that no other dog was spotted or did they just make it up the girl was bitten?
Do you believe everything you read in the MSM?

#9 ·
Take a look on the Facebook page of Save Phineas. It shows the pictures of the girl and the bites, as well as the dentition analysis that was done. I think it will give you a better idea. What struck me about the bites on the girl was how even they actually were, compared to what the dogs mouth would be. It does look to me as something was fishy with this whole thing. And that includes the behavior of the officials involved. And I agree with you that it seems as if many laws were broken, a great number by people who should know better.

#12 ·
I got a scar on my arm; from me being too slow. Guess what part of the mark scarred, and made nice hole in my arm, when none of the other teeth touched? That's right a very prominent canine tooth; I don't see any in those pics. Still I remember being bitten by my sister one time, again too slow, made a ugly oval bruise, looked like those pics. You would think I'd learn to be faster ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.