The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Saudis Decline UN Security Council Seat

Default Saudis Decline UN Security Council Seat

Saudi Arabia is the first country to decline a seat at the UN Security Council. Ostensibly, it's because they think the UN is pretty useless in solving problems. They fault the US for not supporting the rebels in Syria and for not solving the Palestinian/Israeli stalemate.

The Saudis are known for funding terrorists, and so they wanted the US to support the rebels, which, we've learned, many of whom have ties to A-Q. They were ticked off when Obama decided to negotiate with Assad. They have gripes with Assad because he's friendly to Iran. Not to mention that Obama is also playing nicey-nicey with Iran. So, of course, the Saudi's wouldn't be fond of Putin, either, since he supports Assad.

Meanwhile, another article cites that China now buys as much oil from the Saudis as the US (a change from a decade ago) ... making China a country that the Saudis might find more friendly to their interests than the US.

Basically, the US turned a blind eye to the Saudis' terrorist connections, in return for which the Saudis assured the US their oil supply. The oil-producing countries of the ME surely realize that their oil is no longer quite the factor it was before the new oil & gas production occurring in North America (and even in Europe).
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    Saudi Arabia is the first country to decline a seat at the UN Security Council. Ostensibly, it's because they think the UN is pretty useless in solving problems. They fault the US for not supporting the rebels in Syria and for not solving the Palestinian/Israeli stalemate.

The Saudis are known for funding terrorists, and so they wanted the US to support the rebels, which, we've learned, many of whom have ties to A-Q. They were ticked off when Obama decided to negotiate with Assad. They have gripes with Assad because he's friendly to Iran. Not to mention that Obama is also playing nicey-nicey with Iran. So, of course, the Saudi's wouldn't be fond of Putin, either, since he supports Assad.

Meanwhile, another article cites that China now buys as much oil from the Saudis as the US (a change from a decade ago) ... making China a country that the Saudis might find more friendly to their interests than the US.

Basically, the US turned a blind eye to the Saudis' terrorist connections, in return for which the Saudis assured the US their oil supply. The oil-producing countries of the ME surely realize that their oil is no longer quite the factor it was before the new oil & gas production occurring in North America (and even in Europe).
    The Saudi's are the person who wants someone else to take the heat while they stir the pot. They also provided the lion's share of the 9-11 hijackers. Any country that treats their females as they do deserves nothing, though they are not the worst of those barbaric states in the ME.

We don't need their oil, though we did at one time. The POTUS would like us to remain in that condition. I get a letter from the Sierra Club stating their opposiotion to fracking, Keystone & coal trains (I do oppose Coal trains as I believe there is a better solution). I ask myself - with all these conventions, meetings & protests they have, Are they all riding bikes or their friendly donkey? Or do they take those polluting methods of transport that the rest of us do?

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!