The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: North Dakota Oil spills

Quote Originally Posted by Henry V View Post
    the 3.2 million a day is a fact. Look it up. the technology is available to capture most of this and store it on site, but of course that would reduce the Short-term bottom line.
    I have a very simple idea. How about YOU take YOUR MONEY, along with the other investment tycoons of similar persuasion and they invest THEIR MONEY in this great technology. I am sure the oil companies will be glad to sell you the NG at 3.2 million/day. People are always ready to spend OPM(other peoples' money), yet are unwilling to spend their own.

Quote Originally Posted by caryalsobrook View Post
    I have a very simple idea. How about YOU take YOUR MONEY, along with the other investment tycoons of similar persuasion and they invest THEIR MONEY in this great technology. I am sure the oil companies will be glad to sell you the NG at 3.2 million/day. People are always ready to spend OPM(other peoples' money), yet are unwilling to spend their own.
    Ah,right. Thats why BP choose to roll the dice in the gulf on blow out valves that actually fuctioned and instead shelled out Billions to clean up the mess they allowed to happen.
    Never trust a dog to watch your food!

Quote Originally Posted by Golddogs View Post
    Ah,right. Thats why BP choose to roll the dice in the gulf on blow out valves that actually fuctioned and instead shelled out Billions to clean up the mess they allowed to happen.
    Ok even ASSUMING your facts are correct, It was BP'S MONEY that had to be "shelled out" NOT other peoples' money. Again, if you and other tycoons believe that the NG can be captured economically, I am SURE the oil companies will be glad to sell it to you at a good price. All you have to do is COME UP WITH THE MONEY!!

Natural gas flaring is needed to prevent too much pressure from building up at the wellhead. Without it, some oil wells would blow their well head and cause an uncontrolled spill.
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

Quote Originally Posted by paul young View Post
    Now that is some exceptional, analytical, outside-the-box thinking right there!

You can prove your theory by planting the fruit, vegetable or native grass of your choice in some soil saturated with crude oil and see how well it grows. Then you can blanch some of it in oily water and let the skeptics see how great the stuff tastes by scarfing it down on Fox news. -Paul
    glad you like my take paul! i do agree, planting in crude oil saturated areas may in fact be a challenge......this is precisely why i can't understand why we care what happens so far above the arctic circle our veggies can't possibly grow?

i may not be totally on board with your blanching point since my mama's greens and beans have always been seasoned in so much oil they go down real easy. nothing served al dente' out of mama's garden!

and just what does fox news have to do with my environmental views anyway. though i did notice that new chick they put on in the morning has a big arm muscle for a little ol' bitty thang. she probably been eatin' some rightly seasoned veggies too!
    john mccallie

Fox News really has little to do with anything on here except to be brought up as part of the liberal's battle cry. It's all part of their tired, worn out mantra...FoxNews! FoxNews! FoxNews! TeaParty! TeaParty! etc.

Franco -

Is there any move underway to develop a means to capture the gas, either intermittently or permanantly, such that flaring would not be needed.

I managed land for the State of Alabama that had a really low yield gas field. The producers pumped water into the wells to force the gas out. We had buried lines all over about hundreds of acres of our land. Each well was served by two ... water in, waste water and gas out and then the gas was separated from the waste water which was treated and re-used.

It always struck me as a very low tech approach but, the checks came in every month to the tune of $60-70,000 so it was appreciated and somebody uses the gas.
    Eric

WRC HR Lennoxlove's Run with Wolves JH, WCX ("Cheyenne") ... still so fondly remembered
    HRCh Struan's Devil's in De Tails SH, WCX ("Lucy")
    SR CH Struan's Flight of Fancy JH ("Muse")
    Struan's Master of the Hunt JH, WC ("Charlie")
    Struan's Just Plain Perfect ("Jane")
    Struan's Driving Us Crazy ("Daisy") ... the baby in charge

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Johnson View Post
    Franco -

Is there any move underway to develop a means to capture the gas, either intermittently or permanantly, such that flaring would not be needed.

I managed land for the State of Alabama that had a really low yield gas field. The producers pumped water into the wells to force the gas out. We had buried lines all over about hundreds of acres of our land. Each well was served by two ... water in, waste water and gas out and then the gas was separated from the waste water which was treated and re-used.

It always struck me as a very low tech approach but, the checks came in every month to the tune of $60-70,000 so it was appreciated and somebody uses the gas.
    When drilling for oil, natural gas is consider waste. Waste because there is so much of it and not nearly the demand for oil. I would venture to say that as natural gas becomes more valuable, that oil companies will find a way to not waste it. In other words, as demand increases, the private sector will find a way to decrease any waste. We have more than enough natural gas reserves that we would never need to import another drop of oil. Just one reason why I am a big proponent of CNG powered vehicles.
    Last edited by Franco; 10-31-2013 at 05:13 PM.
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

Quote Originally Posted by caryalsobrook View Post
    Just stating facts to those that think the market is the perfect answer. I have no money to invest outside of my little old 401K. My effective income has eroded over the past 15 years, my wages are stagnant, and I have kids in college taking out large student loans. I keep waiting for the trickle down theory to work. Perhaps you know when it will?

I must admit that the night time oil field picture is impressive. Kind of expensive light though.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    Henry - ever been to LA, home of the LaBrea Tar Pits. Hancock Oil left the city of LA lots of property, a museum & some fairly fertile land until they filled it up with houses. Berry Petroleum is the big player thereabouts & I think they are thinking of fracking . I'm more a farmer than an oil person but believe nature has strong healing qualities. It is tough to heal infertile land, which ND has a little bit of.
    Didn't they fill love canal up with homes too? I seem to recall that did not work out so well and cost taxpayers $400 million to cleanup and many people their lives, but hey the school district did get a great deal on the site buying it for $1 from the company.

On Agriculture related stuff, I read something about a GMO label regulation proposed in WA. How is that going? I am not anti-GMO but I am not anti-label either.