The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: North Dakota Oil spills

Quote Originally Posted by Henry V View Post
    Just stating facts to those that think the market is the perfect answer. I have no money to invest outside of my little old 401K. My effective income has eroded over the past 15 years, my wages are stagnant, and I have kids in college taking out large student loans. I keep waiting for the trickle down theory to work. Perhaps you know when it will?

I must admit that the night time oil field picture is impressive. Kind of expensive light though.
    That well-lit area to the west is the area with the lowest unemployment.

Trickle down may start working a little better when we stop experimenting with redistribution.
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    That well-lit area to the west is the area with the lowest unemployment.

Trickle down may start working a little better when we stop experimenting with redistribution.
    Right, and all that matters is employment.

Trickle down policies have been in place since the early 1980's. Bush ramped them up and it resulted in the big crash. The experiment failed.

The only re-distribution in wealth and income for the past 30 years is a concentration into the top few percent. As said in another recent thread, follow the money. Please, present some evidence of this great re-distribution of wealth that you keep talking about. It is nothing more than another bogus right-wing talking point to keep the base energized and distracted from reality.

Didn't they fill love canal up with homes too? I seem to recall that did not work out so well and cost taxpayers $400 million to cleanup and many people their lives, but hey the school district did get a great deal on the site buying it for $1 from the company.

On Agriculture related stuff, I read something about a GMO label regulation proposed in WA. How is that going? I am not anti-GMO but I am not anti-label either.
    I only mentioned La Brea as it was where the oil came to the surface like springs, Mastodons would get caught in it, the dire wolves, bears & saber toothed cats would jump on them eat their fill & then be unable to escape. They are still excavating, a fascinating site to visit if you are in LA (use AAA card), & it all happened around 10,000 years ago. Hard to imagine those creatures existed that recently & are no longer around. They must have had a different climate at that time .

As for the labeling, much to do about little, but a whole lot of money being spent as this is a crazier state than the one you live in, on both ends. It really depends on how much the hippies in Seattle buy into it. Having eaten organic since it was just called food I like the idea, I just don't buy into another bureaucracy telling the farmers what to do. I have a son who is a cheesemaker & I know what he has to deal with from the regulators, most of whom have no knowledge of their specific field other than it's a feather in their cap to shut down an operation & they target the small guys. I have the feeling the bigger dairy businesses with their bland products favor keeping the artisan out. After eating my son's cheeses I no longer eat most large company cheese, especially from the co-ops.

The dogs we run are genetically modified, we select what we hope is the right combination of genes in a pup, most don't realize that. We just think we're selecting the right traits, genes by a different name .

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Just stating facts to those that think the market is the perfect answer. I have no money to invest outside of my little old 401K. My effective income has eroded over the past 15 years, my wages are stagnant, and I have kids in college taking out large student loans. I keep waiting for the trickle down theory to work. Perhaps you know when it will?

I must admit that the night time oil field picture is impressive. Kind of expensive light though.
    Those that EVEN have a 401k are richer than many. Words of my father who had a 10th grade education. "SPEND LESS THAN YOU MAKE. IT IS NOT HOW MUCH YOU MAKE BUT HOW MUCH YOU SAVE." I will never forget that 65 year old black janitor who worked for IBM. He could have retired in the 60's as a millioniare having never made as much as $6,000/year in salary. When asked what he was going to do in retirement he responded that he had no intentions of retiring. Doing so would mean that he could no longer take part in IBM's stock option plan.

I have paid my stupid tax. My divorce in 1990 cost a substantial amount. What I do know is that if we just come CLOSE to maintaining the dicipline and control we EXPECT of the dogs we train, we all would be more finantialy comfortable. If I save too little, my stupidity. If someone else saves too little, THEIR STUPIDITY!

Let's not forget about the saltwater spills too. http://www.jamestownsun.com/content/...lasting-damage

Let's not forget about the saltwater spills too. http://www.jamestownsun.com/content/...lasting-damage
    Am well aquainted with those. Thanks for reminding me.
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

Not spill related but related to ND oil boom.this is part 5......http://www.startribune.com/local/236894631.html

Marvin
    If you like GMO's then try some of this,,, it will light up your life

If picking and choosing who I breed to is genetic engineering then I am a genetic engineer.
    GMO's often have other plant and animal genes spliced in. Roundup ready corn,,,,yum,,,yum,,,,,,now cows that produce spider webs in their milk,,,I'll drink to that one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqQ-DSKObTI

Pete
    Last edited by Pete; 12-24-2013 at 07:50 AM.
    John 5 :30
    I can of my own self do nothing ,as I hear , I judge,,and my judgement is just, because I seek not my own will,,but the will of the father which hath sent me
    John 7:16 -- Jesus answered them and said my doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me.
    mark 16:9 -- So then after the lord had spoken unto them,he was received up in heaven, and sat on the right hand of God
    I Tim. 2:5 --For there is one God and one mediator between God and man ,, the man Christ Jesus