The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tax Payers Lose 9.7 BILLION On GM Bailout!

Default Tax Payers Lose 9.7 BILLION On GM Bailout!

Tax payers are out 9.7 BILLION to GM and another 2.9 Billion on the Chrysler bailout! That's 12.6 BILLION combined! Had our government let the Free Market and Private Sector prevail, those companies would have been bought by the Private Sector and Tax payer money wouldn't have been squandered. http://www.foxbusiness.com/industrie...on-gm-bailout/
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Tax payers are out 9.7 BILLION to GM and another 2.9 Billion on the Chrysler bailout! That's 12.6 BILLION combined! Had our government let the Free Market and Private Sector prevail, those companies would have been bought by the Private Sector and Tax payer money wouldn't have been squandered. http://www.foxbusiness.com/industrie...on-gm-bailout/
    Yeah, but whadddabout DA UNION?????

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Yeah, but whadddabout DA UNION?????
    The auto bailouts were all about paying the unions back for their support! It is a sad day in America when even the President doesn't believe in the Private Sector.
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

The auto bailouts were all about paying the unions back for their support! It is a sad day in America when even the President doesn't believe in the Private Sector.
    And the Bank bailouts were all about paying back big money for their support. I absolutely agree we should have let the free market work itself out, however the bank bailout was every bit of a fraud, if not worse, than the auto bailout.

Quote Originally Posted by mngundog View Post
    And the Bank bailouts were all about paying back big money for their support. I absolutely agree we should have let the free market work itself out, however the bank bailout was every bit of a fraud, if not worse, than the auto bailout.
    There is no doubt about it. Bankers stole trillions and walked Scott free. Only because they got to lobby the laws they wanted passed, so they could steal the money legally. I heard not one member of the media ask, "where did the money go" during the banking/mortgage meltdown of late 07!

both of you are correct, they were both fraud...one white collar, one blue collar...but the blame should also be laid at the feet of the other 535 perps that were accomplices in the whole deal
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    both of you are correct, they were both fraud...one white collar, one blue collar...but the blame should also be laid at the feet of the other 535 perps that were accomplices in the whole deal
    There were some that spoke out against the bailouts and voted against them. My guy, Ron Paul, certainly did only to be castigated by his fellow Repubs and the media!

Franco - you need to stick to football prognostricating because on this subject you are a full fledged HYPOCRITE. When the subject of Landrieu comes up you give her your full support as she brings home the pork, when the subject of subsidies for the Barge Operators was broached you supported it fully. You are a sad but typical specimen of a Libertarian .

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    Franco - you need to stick to football prognostricating because on this subject you are a full fledged HYPOCRITE. When the subject of Landrieu comes up you give her your full support as she brings home the pork, when the subject of subsidies for the Barge Operators was broached you supported it fully. You are a sad but typical specimen of a Libertarian .
    I support Landrieu because she is the biggest fighter and supporter for the Oil Industry in DC, plain and simple! I never said she was perfect. We wouldn't have the offshore production we have today without her and offshore production is at an all time high.

I never said she was perfect.
    I'm sure someone as worldly as you claim to be has heard the one about the guy & the babe in the bar.

Guy buys babe a drink, they converse, he asks if she would sleep with him for $10K, she agrees, he then asks if she would do it for $1K. She replies indignantly "What do you think I am?" He replies "I believe that has been established, I'm just trying to find a price".

So You are still a HYPOCRITE ?

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!